It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parkland deputy heard shots inside Stoneman Douglas building, told cops to stay away: records

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
tribune

Roundly vilified for not entering a Parkland high school during a mass shooting, Broward Deputy Scot Peterson insisted publicly that he believed that gunfire was happening outside on campus — not from inside the building. But internal radio dispatches released by the sheriff’s office Thursday show Peterson immediately fixated on Building 12 and even radioed that gunfire was happening “inside.” And, just as school shooter Nikolas Cruz was fleeing the building after killing 17 people, Peterson warned his fellow officers to stay away — even as wounded students and staff lay inside.

Well here are some facts. It seems that the worst is true and the officer failed much. I personally have been holding out hope that he was not a coward and the msm just had the facts out of place. That does not seem to be the case. This is very damning and i will be surprised if this guy keeps his retirement much less his walking abilities. Facts are facts and this kinda action really can not be defended by anyone with sanity.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
All these disturbing turns in event really give the conspiracy minded lots to think about.
Planned dissidence? Or complete incompetence.

a reply to: howtonhawky

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Not to be in his defence, but I wonder if this officer was ever trained on how to deal with an active shooter who’s armed with military grade firearms. Or if he has actually ever been in a firefight during his career.

I don’t know enough about the circumstances to really weigh in, but if his training and experience were lacking, it doesn’t seem too much of a reach for him to have froze up and act negligently. Most people without military experience, even law enforcement officers don’t really know how they’ll react in a situation like that. Especially if they haven’t had sufficient periodic trading for these types of situations. On top of that, the buddy system is extremely important. The confidence level drops extremely low when you face situations like this alone, even with experience.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wow, and after all the people bending over backwards to defend this guy.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Not to be in his defence, but I wonder if this officer was ever trained on how to deal with an active shooter who’s armed with military grade firearms.

That would be irrelevant since he wasn't facing an active shooter armed with a military grade firearm.

ETA: Not to mention, if he's outside and the shooter is inside he doesn't know what kind of gun he has. Bottom line, in an active shooter situation, the priority is to stop the shooter as quickly as possible.
edit on 9 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

That's what happen when you have a psyop pushed to create a narrative that'll help approve gun control laws.

That being said, they should all be removed from their positions and relocated to desk services. Everyone who was outside while all these kids were being murdered.

And the people who gave the orders should be fired immediately!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Poor training is no excuse in this case and he will be lucky not to be charged.

He knew the shooter was inside and still waited outside and even after the shooter was done and left the scene the officer told others to not enter.

I call that possession of ones soul or just plain evil

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I doubt he'll be charged. He was merely following his training. If anyone should be charged it should be the Sheriff, for not instituting a proper training program for active shooter scenarios.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

He knew the shooter was inside and still waited outside and even after the shooter was done and left the scene the officer told others to not enter.

I call that possession of ones soul or just plain evil
So you think the cops were possessed by demons as well? Simple minds and all. Maybe those cops thought the place was full of ghosts. I am so glad you don’t have any important positions in life.
edit on 9-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

the possession could have just been ignorance

you said demon not i

you infer too much while wishing bad things for me and that is not looking good for you.

try reading and being nice
edit on 9-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I doubt he'll be charged. He was merely following his training. If anyone should be charged it should be the Sheriff, for not instituting a proper training program for active shooter scenarios.

he lied through his lawyer it looks like by claiming he thought it was fire crackers while he was looking into the building where shots were coming from.

he will be lucky if they drop this

no they will probably charge this guy so they can take his retirement.imo

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Another angle to consider: He was directing officers to not go within 500 yards of the building just as the shooter was exiting the building.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Not to be in his defence, but I wonder if this officer was ever trained on how to deal with an active shooter who’s armed with military grade firearms. Or if he has actually ever been in a firefight during his career.

I don’t know enough about the circumstances to really weigh in, but if his training and experience were lacking, it doesn’t seem too much of a reach for him to have froze up and act negligently. Most people without military experience, even law enforcement officers don’t really know how they’ll react in a situation like that. Especially if they haven’t had sufficient periodic trading for these types of situations. On top of that, the buddy system is extremely important. The confidence level drops extremely low when you face situations like this alone, even with experience.

OK, it's time to stop this. Perhaps you just got caught up in they hype, or perhaps you are knowingly pushing an agenda, but it's bull#.

A military grade firearm would be fully automatic. The weapon used in this shooting was the same anyone can purchase from a gun store, and functions just the same as every semi automatic weapon ever made. One trigger pull, one shot expelled.

Education is available, just ask.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

he lied through his lawyer it looks like by claiming he thought it was fire crackers while he was looking into the building where shots were coming from.

he will be lucky if they drop this

no they will probably charge this guy so they can take his retirement.imo

I stand corrected. He should be charged then.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Education is available, just ask.

In my experience, very few of them are actually interested in learning. It's about the narrative. Facts are optional.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

oh come on not all military weapons are full auto but most are. If we are going to get picky then we must use facts but i agree that soo many people relate the look alikes for the real thing but there is a reason for that. If i dress up in a black panther outfit then people will assume i am a racist. scratch that it is a bad example. If i dress up in a kkk outfit then people will assume i am in the klan.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This is so. f*cking. infuriating.

I'm going to make a timeline graphic about this, because it's so unacceptable that it needs to be visually demonstrated for all to easily understand the lack of actual concern for the lives and safety of these high-school students. I'll post it up shortly, hopefully.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think that would be gratefully accepted by most members. but i am full of hope.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
All these disturbing turns in event really give the conspiracy minded lots to think about.
Planned dissidence? Or complete incompetence.

This was the most dynamic shooting in history because at every angle one wants to view it there is a books worth of info.

It has increased accidental shootings in schools greatly since the event.

people are sending guns with their children and many children are bringing guns to 1st. grade now.

we are losing it collectivly

i can think of at least 4 or 5 events in the last week due to firearms in schools

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If he was armed with an M4, he would've had military grade firearms..... He really just had a Semi-automatic Varmint rifle.

I would also assume police training would have to include training on what to do in active shooter instances, given that..... well...... carrying a service pistol would insinuate that you would occasionally come across an armed individual.

I'm extremely tempted to chalk everything up to extreme stupidity and cowardice, however with al of the calls/orders that were given and the amount of armed "professionals" on scene coupled with the SWAT team suspension, I find it hard to do so.... at least just yet.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join