It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Remember Me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
Just to be clear to everyone, the perspective I represented in the rant is not my present perspective, though I have had that perspective I presented in the rant in the past. I sympathize with those guys. I'm okay. Just because I don't chase women doesn't mean I don't meet or connect with women, I just don't actively pursue relationships with women as I might have in the past.

I think social and cultural changes happen slowly and incrementally over time, so that was just a drop in the bucket contribution. More of a message to women who have left these men who possess qualities they claim to desire standing aside when some braggart guy comes along. Don't be fooled ladies. I am fine, I will be fine. I have long since moved beyond this mind trap.

You could say I'm a MGTOW, but I think of it more as having a zen approach. I prefer to accept what the universe offers to me, which it turns out is actually a lot if you are willing to be patient and observant. I'm a lover and a gentleman, that's who I am. If that means I don't always get all the girls, I'm okay with that. I don't have to get all the girls, I'd honestly prefer to just get the right girls for me anyway. I don't have to pretend to be something I'm not or overcompensate for my insecurities to do it.

I do have a tendency to sabotage my relationships, and that does concern me. I'm aware of it though, and I'm working on it, so I'm probably doing better than most people with that kind of problem. If anyone wants to help, you should look up that thread and read the horror story, see if you can offer some insight there. This rant doesn't represent where I am emotionally anymore, it's just a perspective I've had in the past. A perspective I thought it important to share.

I do appreciate everyone's input though, and there may be readers who will benefit from your wisdom, so thanks again to everyone for sharing.

I want to correct myself here. I guess I am still the guy in the OP, really. I'm just not all bent out of shape about it. I'm comfortable with who I am. I wrote this last reply because there were a lot of posters offering sympathy and advice, which is fine. I just want to express that I'm okay with who I am, I don't think there's much I really need to change about who I am or how I act. I may 'lose out' sometimes like the guy in the OP, but that's okay. I don't need to carry on like the average guy.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
Many women love assh#les. I have three daughters, all of them were mesmerized by what I call "Tall, dumb, and cocky". .

I agree. I couldn't understand it. But I don't care anymore. I just give up pursuing romance. It's too much frustration and depression.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I thought that too. You didn't post this for sympathy, you posted it to illustrate a point and I agree with you pretty much 100%.

The fact's show that the prettiest of women are mostly attracted to the most alpha of men which pretty much guarantees they're going to get treated like sh1t. It's biological and it's frustrating for 'nice guys'.

However, as men get older they become more confident and then those same types of women who shunned you when were young will start becoming attracted to you and then you will probably be one of those guys that you f#cking hated when you were younger.

It's not because you become an asshole, it's just you're more mature and stop putting up with the bullish!t.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I've been thinking about this thread the last few days too, and how I felt like I kind of missed the mark with the after discussion a little. I don't really have a problem with confident guys, that's wasn't what I was talking about in the OP. Being confident is fine. It's the specific circumstances like the fictional one in the OP, where the guy is just douchey level confident, bragging at a confabulatory level, and the girl buys it. People can do what they want, I don't hate them for it, I just thought it was remarkable enough to be thread worthy. I've seen it happen a number of times over the years, and it was one of those things that used to blow my mind a little. You would think they would see it coming. Then again, maybe that's really what they were in the market for in the first place, whether they were aware of it or not.

I'm not just this wall flower quiet guy either. I tend to be pretty stream of consciousness about it, just depending on what I feel like doing at the time. Sometimes I'm very outgoing, at others very reserved.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't get it? If your like stuck on some girl or something. I am sure you will get over it, and even if you wanted to pick up that girl that whoever stole or went with the other guy. Should not be that hard, all you got to do is be simple and likely loud, and most of all not complicated and you will attract the opposite sex.

Most of all since your dealing with females, well its kind of like the early bird gets the worm. But what I am saying is they will likely go with the first guy that is more of a go getter, as they being female are incapable of that.

See simple problem, fix.

Your confusing me with your little silly story. And if your confusing me, what change does a female have of understanding your story? None that's what, and yes none is a denotative of zero, as in 0. This seems like a problem that can be easily remedied by one Saturday night of hitting a bar, or club one good binge drinking contest, or whatever it is you kids do now a days.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You would think they would see it coming. Then again, maybe that's really what they were in the market for in the first place, whether they were aware of it or not. 

I think there is a hell of a lot of truth in this.

I'm not just this wall flower quiet guy either. I tend to be pretty stream of consciousness about it, just depending on what I feel like doing at the time. Sometimes I'm very outgoing, at others very reserved.

That pretty much sums me up too.

People can do what they want, I don't hate them for it, I just thought it was remarkable enough to be thread worthy. I've seen it happen a number of times over the years, and it was one of those things that used to blow my mind a little.

I don't hate them for it either but it was f#cking enraging at the time lol. 😠

Like I said in the first thread, it's happened to me many times an it sucks.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Lol, word to the wise.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

You know that emoticon is freaking creepy.

Now this one is much more cooler. I see that the OP's bizarre issue is solved, what a thing to rant about, makes little sense. But I suppose that is what the rant forum is for.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

is a look of admiration because your post hit the ball out of the park.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join