It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I give up trying to talk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Tyred

You need a good Lady by your side.

Be Islands unto yourselves ... 😎

Bit conflicting there.

He needs a good lady, but needs to be an island. Or are you saying islands are by choice?

I'll say this. the emptiness of having someone who is empty but with you, is no less an empty path than walking it alone.

This is why we see people hopping from one relationship to another in the blink of an eye. They think that "having someone by their side" is more important than walking alone. When it is the one defining thing that shows you exactly who you are, and not what you think you must be in the arms of someone you just met.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Never let someone's opinions or "facts" affect you in a negative way, don't give them that power over you. You can choose to be amused by these conversations instead; and have a little chuckle in your head and then move on.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

On more than one occasion on this board I have pointed out that OPINION is not FACT. People don't get it. They go on CNN and listen to someone say something and take it as fact. MOSTLY IT'S OPINION.

Let me add also that most people, it seems, cannot put facts and opinions IN CONTEXT.

Most will NEVER read a transcript.

Most will not go and double check what's being posted to make sure it's correct.

Most will believe almost anything if it's THEIR GUY.

And Most think personal attacks further their argument. (They do not).

Most are not concerned with their CHARACTER, but more concerned with THEIR STUFF.

I could go on but. It's the world we live in. Go out and get AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER AND THE NEWS for a while.

So you point out CNN. Do you POLITIFACT what "your guy" does and says? There are some very well respected sites that are prize winning for there journalistic integrity.....Double check what "your guy" says on those sites. You might see Liar, liar, pants on fire, more than you would like to......

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You should get out of that one sided relationship, it isn't healthy for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Good observations but you could also improve your own thinking of how you could sort of like defuse those negative bombs thrown at you, without getting too frustrated or even stressed about surroundings.

You could make your way of seeing more clear too those whos ways lacks in your mind
Also just trying to focus more on whatever intrigues your beingness more would also possibly change your aroundings way more positive in nature.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyred
During my few decades of life i’ve only encountered undesirable people. I don’t believe there is good people anymore. Everytime i talk to someone i wish i hadn’t.

I will try to explain o e thing i am sick of

People who speak opinions as fact. When i was very young i learned that if you aren’t 100% sure about something you should stress that. For example, you don’t need to eat everyday to stay alive. That is a fact and so i said “you don’t”. Before i knew for a fact i would say “i heard” that you don’t need to eat everyday. Basically showing that what i am saying is uncertain. Everyday i encounter people who would say you need, you should, you have to, you’ll die if you don’t etc. i can’t understand why so many people speak assertively with confidence when saying rumors or opinions and they’ll even talk down to you like youre stupid if you show uncertainty.

Another thing i’m sick of is people trying to control every conversation and scenario. Its as if everyone believes they should be the certer of attention and i should sit on the side as their fan and support them. Imagine people who speak opinions and rumors as fact trying to domibate every minute of your life. Thats what i experience everyday.

I’m also sick of trying to build up a good mood and having it crapped on by others. Everyday i will try to motivate myself and be positive but the people around will try to shoot down my truths with their rumors and opinions.

I’ve also noticed on dozens of forums that opposition to whats popular/trendy is responded to with deletes and bans. I’m sick of going to different forums, reading sonething interesting then going back later and the threads deleted.

This world seems to be a mess.

I just wanted to tell someone that i’m sick of it and have given up on humanity

I'm not that old.I suppose but i've learned a bunch about people in my life. From what i've noticed ya people will spout their opinions as facts and no you won't change their minds with real facts. But, I dunno i've found that it really doesn't matter that much what other people believe.

Ya people also like to be be the center of attention everyone does even you right now with your OP. You're frustrated you can't be the center of attention. That doesn't really matter either. The secret to not really giving a # about that i've found is that you have yto realize your stories don't matter. It doesnt matter if you get to speak your mind or say your #. No one's really listening anyway. I've found the best way to deal with people like that is to just let them control the conversation if they really want to or at least try. I find if I let them say their thing eventually I can find a point to say something that steers the conversation another way.

It's all a game. Talking to.people is a game you have to master. There's all these unspoken rules and weird things about human behaviour if you pay attention you can usually still have decent conversations with people like that.

And even if you don't Meh....# 'em who cares? There's billions of people in the world go talk to someone else or maybe just try listening to someone spouting a bunch of nonsense...even if you don't agree with them it's a good way to learn about them as people. I've learned a lot more over the years just by shutting up and listening than I have by talking.

I agree wholeheartedly about forums becoming a bunch of cuddlebox echo chambers though.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

OPINION is not FACT. People don't get it. They go on CNN and listen to someone say something and take it as fact.

All 24/7 cable news does it, not just CNN. People do the same when they watch Fox, or MSNBC, etc.

It's how they fill their airtime and create content. Most people, on both sides of the isle, take it as fact, when it is, in fact, commentary, punditry.

Otherwise, you're not incorrect in the rest of what you state.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It does bother me that science programs on TV do that. They many times say this is like this because of this and I know they don't know this for sure it is still up for proving.
They should know better, average persons just talk most of what they say they don't even mean but these guys should know better.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

An island unto themselves means they are happy in each others company, withput the need for constant social assurances.

You have put a negative spin on it.

Attitude is everything.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Rather than focusing on what you don't like about people maybe you should try focusing on the things that you do like. If that doesn't work there is always wine... lots of wine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join