It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I give up trying to talk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
During my few decades of life i’ve only encountered undesirable people. I don’t believe there is good people anymore. Everytime i talk to someone i wish i hadn’t.

I will try to explain o e thing i am sick of

People who speak opinions as fact. When i was very young i learned that if you aren’t 100% sure about something you should stress that. For example, you don’t need to eat everyday to stay alive. That is a fact and so i said “you don’t”. Before i knew for a fact i would say “i heard” that you don’t need to eat everyday. Basically showing that what i am saying is uncertain. Everyday i encounter people who would say you need, you should, you have to, you’ll die if you don’t etc. i can’t understand why so many people speak assertively with confidence when saying rumors or opinions and they’ll even talk down to you like youre stupid if you show uncertainty.

Another thing i’m sick of is people trying to control every conversation and scenario. Its as if everyone believes they should be the certer of attention and i should sit on the side as their fan and support them. Imagine people who speak opinions and rumors as fact trying to domibate every minute of your life. Thats what i experience everyday.

I’m also sick of trying to build up a good mood and having it crapped on by others. Everyday i will try to motivate myself and be positive but the people around will try to shoot down my truths with their rumors and opinions.

I’ve also noticed on dozens of forums that opposition to whats popular/trendy is responded to with deletes and bans. I’m sick of going to different forums, reading sonething interesting then going back later and the threads deleted.

This world seems to be a mess.

I just wanted to tell someone that i’m sick of it and have given up on humanity

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyred

On more than one occasion on this board I have pointed out that OPINION is not FACT. People don't get it. They go on CNN and listen to someone say something and take it as fact. MOSTLY IT'S OPINION.

Let me add also that most people, it seems, cannot put facts and opinions IN CONTEXT.

Most will NEVER read a transcript.

Most will not go and double check what's being posted to make sure it's correct.

Most will believe almost anything if it's THEIR GUY.

And Most think personal attacks further their argument. (They do not).

Most are not concerned with their CHARACTER, but more concerned with THEIR STUFF.

I could go on but. It's the world we live in. Go out and get AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER AND THE NEWS for a while.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Dude, you need a different outlook on life. It's way too narrow. The world is filled with wonderful people. Try loosing the tude, travel a bit and give the world a second shot.

I remember hearing a song lyric that goes something like this, "you've been married 9 times, hell, maybe it's you".

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Life eh? Music is a good way to cheer up.
Here Hhhmm Bop it will either kill or cure.

Or treat yourself like I did and get a new wardrobe with the shiny underpantsan (german for underpants) like these chaps are wearing.

Lifes too short dude do something you have never done before heck start a dance off.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah.

edit on 9-3-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

dont go buy guns when you're in a mindset as that one. buy ice-cream instead. try sleeping the opposite orientation too

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Look, I'm gonna be perfectly honest with you....Depending on others for your happiness is about as wise as dropping the soap in the shower in prison. You giv'em the slightest chance and most are gonna screw you every time if it means they benefit.
That's Life in a nutshell.
The sooner you accept that most of the people you meet are self centered assholes, the better off you'll be.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
"You don't say" ................usually stops them in their tracks, or slows them to a crawl. There are key words that can be your ammunition.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

It sounds as if you are totally dependent on other people for your happiness.
You say you try to be happy but then other people poop on you.
I also can't believe that every person you met is bad. There is a saying: If the whole world seems to be full of assholes, you have to take a look at yourself.

I am NOT saying you are an asshole by the way, what I am saying is that often we reap what we sow. Humans aren't perfect and even the nice ones have some undesirable traits. That is called nature. If they were 100% perfect, they'd be robots.

Basically I don't think that others have to change, it is your outlook that has to change. You can't be right when you say everyone is bad because they are not. However if they are bad in your presence, what can YOU do to not get their bad side?

You are the only one you can change. So what if people say something the wrong way, presenting theories as facts? So blooming what?
If you were living at the edge of existence somewhere not knowing if you'll live or die tomorrow, all those demands you have on others would literally not be important at all any longer.

Deep breath, some sort of calming and a different outlook on others [as in let them say what they want, they can still be a decent person] and your world would look a hell of a lot different.

This comment has been written because of 50 years of life experience and is not something I pulled out of my backside.

Don't depend on others for your happiness, don't take everything so serious and enjoy yourself instead of criticising others.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You should read my threads and enter into discussions I am participating in. I'm always careful to make the distinction between my opinions and things I consider to be facts.

Also, I think ignorance is pretty prevalent in today's society, and it is my opinion that this is really nothing new. If you encounter it often in your day to day life, you should think about how you might be able to make efforts with your interpersonal relationships to encourage people to break from this norm. It can be tricky.

Often you may not be able to be as direct as you'd like. 'You're an ignorant sumbitch aren't you?' might not be the best lead in to encouraging more rational thought from your acquaintances.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink is the old axiom. The fact is though, that you can lead a horse to water, if you know how to lead a horse. The horse, once at the water, may actually decide to take a drink, even though you can't 'make' him do so.
edit on 9-3-2018 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hecate above speaks wisdom.

I've read their comment a couple of times now. And I suggest you read it a few times too. It's very good.

Also, the only stuff that people get deleted and banned from forums for saying isn't 'unpopular opinions', it's usually pretty vile and disgusting stuff.

If you're hanging around with groups of people online who have normalised some pretty vile and disgusting stuff, then yes, that's going to put you at odds with most other people in the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I get it. The world isn't made for some people anymore, because the crummy not humans have taken over.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

You should meet my friends, they could talk underwater with a mouth full of rocks-it's a nightmare.

I as well see the opinions as fact scenario often, and what I do to counter with the ten buck test. If someone says something that I know is false i'll wager ten bucks-and if they decline then they know I am right, but If i'm wrong then they get ten bucks.

I've never lost ten bucks.

Opinions are important, logic even more so.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

You need a good Lady by your side.

Be Islands unto yourselves ... 😎

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The answer is "writing". Writing is the way to get past the domineering talkers. Don't they hate it! For exactly that reason.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

There are many things about discourse in the period in which we live, that render one less prone to uttering forth. But chief amongst these is not simply the tendency of people to speak opinion as if it is fact, but more worryingly, that these people believe their opinions to be facts.

Proper conversation can only actually occur when both parties are working from the same list of facts, when there is a basis for the discussion that is rooted not in the opinion of either party, but in things which their opinions cannot change. For example, if I am working with the following list of facts:

I cannot simply jump into space

2+2 does not equal ten

Chemistry does not work differently depending on who is performing the experiment

... but my intended conversation partner is working with this list of facts:

You can jump to space

2+2 equals whatever I am told it equals on a given day of the week

Chemistry works differently depending on who does the experiment

... then no actual conversation can occur. What can happen is an argument, and only one party, in this instance, me, will be able to learn anything from it, namely that people exist who believe that they can change reality based on their perception of it, rather than having to accept certain things as facts, regardless of how they feel about them. For example, it is a fact that the Earth is an oblate spheroid, not a plate, or a disc, or any other thing. Failing to accept that fact invalidates any utterance made by the individual who holds the erroneous view. It is impossible to converse with a person who holds that the planet on which we live is flat, because it suggests that they cannot discern reality from fantasy, that they are, at least on some level, insane, and conversing with insane people, with any expectation of good sense, is rather like trying to squeeze lemon juice out of a coconut.

Then you have those who have ideological bias which prevents them from accepting science when it damages their cause, but will embrace it when it aids them. For example, people like to spout the lie that there are only two possible ways a baby can be born, either male or female. This is fundamentally incorrect, because as many as one in 2000 babies born globally, are intersexed, meaning that they may have confusing genitalia, which do not conform to either male, nor female anatomy, or may have internal characteristics which are uncommon to being defined as one or the other. For the ease of societal acceptance in this artificially binary world we inhabit, these babies are often placed into surgery, where their non-conformities are erased by consultants, but it must be clearly understood from the off, that these surgeries are not being done to aid the physical health of the child going forward, only to make it possible for them to fit into a society which refuses to accept the scientific fact of their existence. And this, of course, says nothing of those who are born with internal chemistry which argues with their physical characteristics, which is, again, a scientifically proven condition, the only arguments against which come from people who have no specific involvement in the scientific examination of sexual characteristics, and whose opinions are therefore not equal to fact, nor are they important to any discussion which arises on the topic.

And here is another fact:

I have been posting links to my sourcing for my positions on various topics for the last decade, with pretty decent regularity. I no longer bother, and that is not because I am lazy, but because I have realised that facts no longer matter to a great number of people, both here on ATS, and in the wider world. Their precious little opinions are far more important, so no matter how many times I post sources which are totally legitimate, if they argue with the opinions held by those with whom I am attempting to converse, then I might as well be pissing into my own outstretched hands, for all I will be making any positive difference to the situation.

Opinion is not equal in importance to fact, but because there are far too many people out there trying to pass their opinions off as being equal in value to reality, all I can say to them is this:

There will never be a time where reality will change to suit your agenda. You will always be wrong, no matter how right you all feel about what you say and what you believe. You will never, ever, see the universe or anything which happens in it, for what it is using your current methodology, and by rendering yourselves incompetent in this manner, you have rendered yourselves obsolete in terms of your ability to have meaningful discourse. If you feel left out as a result, this will remain your fault until you educate yourselves out of the hole you are digging. I await your convenience at the surface, and hope the climb to reach an equal footing in conversation with me, is not too arduous, but I am damned if I am wasting any more of my time throwing a rope to those who can only see it as a snake.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Avoid the negative people as much as possible, limit your internet time, find a nice girlfriend, or get a pet.

You don’t have to educate the www; idiots will figure it out in time.

edit on 9-3-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I doubt you are seeing many deletions from people who are stating facts..

Most deletions are because of people doing exactly what you Stated.. pretending opinions are facts.

Mainly people pushing crisis actor theories..

That and anyone criticizing ATS... which I find unneeded and prone to look dishonest.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Dude, are you wanting him to commit suicide??

That was cruel and unusual. You should be a po po officer.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Why is dropping the soap a bad thing when someone helps you pick it up. I mean, that way you both are clean.

You mea... Oh wait, hang on... now .. OO

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I went through this same paradigm shift in my late 20s. I stopped wanting to have any deep conversations with people because of the reasons you indicated. And frankly, I’m better off for it. I think it’s a growing pain of a certain age that comes with a realization that it’s often not worth the time or effort to interact much with people beyond a small circle of friends, colleagues, etc.

I also saw that my brilliant conversations, efforts, etc. made no difference in the grand scheme of things. We are basically powerless compared to the structures that exist around us. At first that sounds depressing but it’s actually very liberating. Go enjoy things in life and leave the endless negativity to others who are still on that hamster wheel.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join