It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate for Wisconsin governor breastfeeds in campaign ad

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I can't wait for the next ad from a candidate fighting E.D.

So what, #hardcocksmatter?

This is entirely different. Breastfeeding a child is completely different than "I can't get it up," but I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried that campaign.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: dreamingawake

people who make a big deal about breastfeeding are surly children or sexually represed humans.

breastfeeding is so non-sexual i just dont understand what the big deal is.

like i said i agree with getting BPA out of the plastics made into bottelsor other drinking/eating stuff

There are quite a few bodily functions that are non-sexual that generally aren't things I would consider doing in front of the general public for one reason or another.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
My thoughts...

- it is typically considered rude to sit and eat in front of others, id expect breastfeeding would be no different

Wtf?!
Rude to eat in front of others?
In what #hole?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Whoever came up with this is genius. Are any of you talking about ANY of the other candidates in the 50 states? Nope...but we all know the Gazonkas Governor!

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

My thoughts...

- it is typically considered rude to sit and eat in front of others, id expect breastfeeding would be no different

Wtf?!
Rude to eat in front of others?
In what #hole?

What if they're hungry and don't have food?

Didn't you get raised with good table manners? Generally speaking, it is considered good manners not to start your meal until everyone is seated and ready to begin.

No one wants to watch you chow down if they don't have to.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't think breastfeeding a baby is appropriate for an ad for running for governor. Being goveror will take a lot of time, they are busy. Who is going to breastfeed the kid when she is working?

Hopefully she will continue to breastfeed her infant herself, considering the fact that formula is highly toxic.

I have nothing against a woman breastfeeding, but it is in the best interest of her child to run for governor at this time? Being governor is actually a stressful job and she looks like a nice woman, she doesn't appear to be the required strongwilled person that should hold that position.

So she should be at home taking care of the kid(s), instead of working, is your implication?

A job as governor of a state is a stressful job, I would not even want that kind of job myself. Sure, she could work a job not so stressful, there is no telling what stress does to a woman's milk. Here is one article on the subject, but there are variables to consider. So, for some people it can have more of a negative effect than others. insured.amedadirect.com...

I am just saying it may not be in the best interest of the baby, The mother can do whatever she wants, it is her life and her child. I do not judge, just try to inform others of things.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Actually. yes. It's what she signed up for in reproducing.

On staying at home. While she made a choice to have a baby, she can still work and does not need to be sitting at home. Having a baby does not make you disabled you know. Roll on the future when the world is more capable of coping with women in the work place.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

On staying at home. While she made a choice to have a baby, she can still work and does not need to be sitting at home. Having a baby does not make you disabled you know. Roll on the future when the world is more capable of coping with women in the work place.

Well said.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

The future sure has a hell of a lot of single mommies in it.

Happen to believe my gender f#d itself with the working mom movement. We're NOT doing so good family-wise this way, and I'm not afraid to point it out. Kids are being squirted out, and raised by people other than the parents. This does not bode well for stable families if the message offspring hear is to pass them off to the next available sitter, ya know. If you have the means to stay home and raise your kids on one income, THEN BE A PARENT AND DO IT.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ok i just want to say this before i begin reading the thread.

I do not know if it is good pr for her or not but i cannot help but think that if this was about Caitlynn Jenner it would get press for months worldwide

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This was a stupid move and I hope people see past the blatant pandering and use of a child as a prop.

It seriously so dumb I would think most normal people would think her unfit for the role.

You didn't need to include this "sweet little moment" in a video. Edit it out. At the WORST say something dumb like time to feed the baby. Don't actually do it.

I don't care about breastfeeding, but I know that a LOT of people do. Common sense would say don't use your child for something mildly controversial in an ad.

It makes her look like a crappy parent. I also really don't think a child's primary caregiver (at the baby's age) should be in a high up government position. Get your priorities straight. Being the governor does not lend itself to free time, cleaning diapers, screaming babies in meetings and whipping out a titty at whim. Her alternative is pumping herself and letting someone else take care of the baby, which again makes this pandering even more annoying.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You only say that because you first sexualized all women and now hate all women for making you do that to yourself. Honestly, Stormy Daniels gets more cred for being a woman from your type, upside down it is. A woman breastfeeding is one of the most beautiful and NATURAL thing for any real woman. It is only because the west is that sexualized that breastfeeding is that controversial to youa reply to: Domo1

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Her alternative is pumping herself and letting someone else take care of the baby, which again makes this pandering even more annoying.

That is the glaring pandering that has folks complaining.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Her alternative is pumping herself and letting someone else take care of the baby, which again makes this pandering even more annoying.

That is the glaring pandering that has folks complaining.

Only its not.

Read the thread again, the majority of the complaints are about breastfeeding on public the fact that a woman with young child would consider running for office.

Still not as bad as the other thread on this when she was accused of sexual titillation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join