It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate for Wisconsin governor breastfeeds in campaign ad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

A Democratic candidate in Wisconsin's gubernatorial race released a campaign ad showing her breastfeeding while detailing her efforts to ban the use of Bisphenol A in baby bottles and sippy cups in the state.

Candidate for Wisconsin governor breastfeeds in campaign ad

This is a new tactic in political campaigning, for sure.

Remember BPA, that hot topic from years ago?

Kelda Roys does and fought to ban it.

...and then breastfeeds in a an election ad.

I can't wait for the next ad from a candidate fighting E.D.

edit on 8-3-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't think breastfeeding a baby is appropriate for an ad for running for governor. Being goveror will take a lot of time, they are busy. Who is going to breastfeed the kid when she is working?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't think breastfeeding a baby is appropriate for an ad for running for governor. Being goveror will take a lot of time, they are busy. Who is going to breastfeed the kid when she is working?

Hopefully she will continue to breastfeed her infant herself, considering the fact that formula is highly toxic.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

originally posted by: rickymouse

Hopefully she will continue to breastfeed her infant herself, considering the fact that formula is highly toxic.

I have nothing against a woman breastfeeding, but it is in the best interest of her child to run for governor at this time? Being governor is actually a stressful job and she looks like a nice woman, she doesn't appear to be the required strongwilled person that should hold that position.

link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

How can she find the time to do that and also focus on being governor?

link   
a reply to: abe froman

This may actually resonate with a lot of Mothers who are thrown out of places for feeding their baby.
The add says I am a Mom first and I value being a Mother.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Umm...meet the new Governor.......

link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: ZombieZygote

How can she find the time to do that and also focus on being governor?

Do you have a wife? Did she breastfeed? Baby feeding should not distract her brain.

link   

It's ok. Women can do whatever they want as long as they're not white, oppressive men.

Yes, it's gimmicky.

edit on 8-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree.

She tries to come of as motherly but, the fact that she's running for an office that won't allow her to be a full-time mom...

makes it look like she's using her baby like a prop in an insurance scam.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maby next year the ads will feature procreation.

It's a bit strange on tv I guess,but mothers breast feed in public all the time no one cares at least I don't. A kids gotta eat.

edit on 8-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i have no issues with breastfeeding or bottle feeding or how ever you want to feed your kids but it doesnt need to be a public statement.

i get what she is trying to do, but it was poorly executed.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well, it's getting ya'll talkin'! I'm no Dem-don't support them, but she's damn right about BPA(Monsanto's cancer chemical).

Chesticles out for Harambe.

Free the nipple.

edit on 8-3-2018 by dreamingawake because: clarified.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

people who make a big deal about breastfeeding are surly children or sexually represed humans.

breastfeeding is so non-sexual i just dont understand what the big deal is.

like i said i agree with getting BPA out of the plastics made into bottelsor other drinking/eating stuff

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I don't get the outrage myself. Don't have to look and if it makes someone excited, a woman feeding a baby, they need to check themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I could say the same thing about many bodily functions...

and i wouldn't put any of them in a campaign ad.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

people who make a big deal about breastfeeding are surly children or sexually represed humans.

breastfeeding is so non-sexual i just dont understand what the big deal is.

like i said i agree with getting BPA out of the plastics made into bottelsor other drinking/eating stuff

Help! Help! I'm being sexually repressed!!

Next on the agenda, potential governor bob taking a dump.

"Heh well, we all do it, why not appeal to the toilet folk who may miss my vote....... that was a particularly bad one."

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

lol

i just don't see breastfeeding as something that should be shunned. should you be whipping out your boob in the middle of a large room and feeding your kid.... i'd have to say no. Find a private or quiet place and feed you child.

no harm, no foul.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Wow its like the 1950s on here.

Yes women can in fact work and have children. They may even choose to breastfeed.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Okay, childish remarks aside..I liked the ad. She didn't attack another candidate. She spoke about an issue she feels strongly about and her success in helping her state pass laws to remove a dangerous compound. It was an example of a government official working for the good of the people. I'm an independent voter and depending on her stance concerning the 2nd amendment, I'd likely vote for her. She seems legitimately family oriented and down to earth. The breastfeeding bit didnt turn me on or off and it doesn't offend me but little does. I'm a live and let live kinda guy. Libertarian that leans right on fiscal responsibility and moderate on social issues. I don't agree with a lot of the far left issues but I don't mind what others do as long as my rights aren't lost just for the sake of placating a loud minority of citizens. Just my .02.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join