It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs aluminum and steel tariff order that will take effect this month

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Stupid, stupid, stupid...

We are 20 trillion plus in debt and trump just found a way to make us pay more for products..

Stupid stupid stupid.

All countries that do not have a tariff will now start to tariff us.

Stupid, stupid stupid..

Lol the American economy right now is artificial as hell right now.

Most of our gdp comes from consumer spending “shopping”. Not metal production..

We will see, but stupid... no wonder everyone is running from the White House.. making stupid decisions like this makes me wonder if the ussr really has something to do with this moronic decision.

I can’t wait to see how he deals with rocket man.. at this rate nuclear winter is coming...
edit on 9-3-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

We never corrected the market since the depression.

The depression formula is still in our market, and this moron is trying to rerun 29...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
April 5, 2018

President Trump is considering an additional $100 Billion in Tariffs against CHINA.

Below Excerpted from: theconservativetreehouse.com...

President Trump's letter:

Rather than remedy its misconduct, China has chosen to harm our farmers and manufacturers. In light of Chinas unfair retaliation, I have instructed the USTRto consider whether $100 billion of additional tariffs would be appropriate under section 301 and, if so, to identify the products upon which to impose such tariffs. I have also instructed the Secretary of Agriculture, with the support of other members of my Cabinet, to use his broad authority to implement a plan to protect our farmers and agricultural interests.

President Trump will not back down from his position; the U.S. holds all of the leverage and the issue must be addressed. President Trump has waited three decades for this moment. This President and his team are entirely prepared for this.

We are finally confronting the geopolitical Red Dragon, China!

edit on 4/5/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just had our executive call for this quarter - and we are still getting pounded by the steel tariff.

American workers in American factories on American soil can benefit in the long run with this.

Hmm.. any idea how long of a run that will be? No relief since the tariffs were announced. U.S. steel companies simply boosted their steel prices by 30%. I am still quite surprised that people don't account for U.S. corporate greed. No relief, just a big headwind that has not helped out business whatsoever.

When was it that the winning was supposed to start for the tariffs? Between farms getting pummeled, and steel having no relief, just loss of profit, I wonder when the easy and simple trade war starts to actually benefit Americans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join