It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs aluminum and steel tariff order that will take effect this month

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: luthier

You don't like conservatives?

I am a conservative. Your statement was ludicrous.

At what point in American history did we not need money?

Was it when we started out and had nothing?

How about the last trade war we got in which was part of the great depression?

This tariff idea is literally a simpletons emotional response probably thought of on the toilet.

Sure over time congress could change our import export balance but only an idiot thinks pulling the rug out is a good idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Right, that is all it is, raising our steel prices. Watch how many countries will run to us in a few months, everyone wanting first bid. It will have a negative impact at first, always does, but the future is what most people don't have enough patience to analyze.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Idk if you eat food...

I live on sunshine, happiness and my neighbor's liver.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Speak for yourself.

It's not only raising steel and alum but everything made from them, dependent on them, tied to them etc...

Nope. Long term dumb move as history shows.

Unless you are looking to isolate yourself from the global market

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Idk if you eat food...

I live on sunshine, happiness and my neighbor's liver.

I am a breath airian myself.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

When we beat the whole world twice lol. After world war two we didn't need money for so long,like till the late 90s, which is why we had those presidents

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Perhaps you need to research presidents...

AND lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Been doing it for fun since college. Been doing it professionally for about three years.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You mean Imma have to pay an extra 20¢ for every six pack I buy, oh no lol. I hope a bycicle cost doesn't raise over 3 dollars, that would be treacherous. Lol sorry I'm just kiddin', it won't be that bad. We just gone have to wait & see I guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You mean Imma have to pay an extra 20¢ for every six pack I buy, oh no lol. I hope a bycicle cost doesn't raise over 3 dollars, that would be treacherous. Lol sorry I'm just kiddin', it won't be that bad. We just gone have to wait & see I guess.

Probably not. Since nobody supports this congress looks like they will act.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

We have had conservative presidents since ww2 cause we didn't need money, we needed equality. Late 90s it's been money central. To think one side has all the abilities of every side isnt right. We need what we need when we need it. Trump ain't Gon make us rich, but he will build a lot. The next president after his reelection will be our money, when we are colonizing space. It's proposterous to think we need money right now when we are so close to space. We need to build, money comes after to buy Mars & Jupiter & stuff.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I think we need both sides.

I just disagree with your incorrect perspective of our presidents.

However trade tariffs historically are not positive.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Saudis Arabia is the richest country in the world, they do tariffs really well. So historically, if you do it right, you will be rich. It's no less than a taxation, we raised our taxes so much for so many years, people still bought it. We raise taxes on other countries, they will buy too. Unless you don't purchase anything & are on the road to starvation & thirst, which your on here so you can't be lol, you buy the price hiked stuff to, what makes other countries any different than you or I?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Ugh

I really hope this turns out ok, last time we were in a similar economic situation with an inflated stock market, we through out tariffs and ended up in the Great Depression.

This is a dangerous move and sould not be taken lightly.

Keep in mind that the last time we did this, we actually were a mecca for production and export , and still it destroyed us. We barely produce anything now.

I hope Trump is right, I hope it goes well, but this should not be taken with a grain of salt.

The markets seem to have reacted to this very positively.

I believe the recent correction in the US stock market was due to the announcement of this plan. Now that it appears Trump is happy to negotiate, the losses should be recovered as it's not the worst case scenario.

Money is pouring out of Yen and back into stocks right now, that's a good sign.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Saudis Arabia is the richest country in the world, they do tariffs really well. So historically, if you do it right, you will be rich. It's no less than a taxation, we raised our taxes so much for so many years, people still bought it. We raise taxes on other countries, they will buy too. Unless you don't purchase anything & are on the road to starvation & thirst, which your on here so you can't be lol, you buy the price hiked stuff to, what makes other countries any different than you or I?

You obviously have close to zero understanding of economics.

From Saudia Arabia to how supply line increases impact markets.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I have a few multimillionaire who'd love to invest in my ideas but I don't get involved the the four whoresman science war money or death unless absolutely necessary. Just watch, I was right about the tariffs being made & I'll be right about the outcome. I told you so just isn't my thing anymore though, it gets old after years. We just Gon have to see, than again I'm only right 85% of the time cause I'm still young, so this isn't a guaranteed thing. I don't really care about what the secret societies do so I don't take the time to guarantee this kind of stuff. Just Gon have to see. Sorry if I sounded mean, I was just joking around.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

Supply & demand. Alcohol, drugs, guns, beanie babies, antiques, business all run off the same principle. Take away our guns?, I'll buy more, now we armed to the teeth. Make steel more expensive?, Everyone be rushing to get first dibs & lowest possible cost.

Last I looked at a supply & demand graph, demand decreased as price increased.

If US exports get more expensive due to increased costs then demand for them will go down.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I have a few multimillionaire who'd love to invest in my ideas but I don't get involved the the four whoresman science war money or death unless absolutely necessary. Just watch, I was right about the tariffs being made & I'll be right about the outcome. I told you so just isn't my thing anymore though, it gets old after years. We just Gon have to see, than again I'm only right 85% of the time cause I'm still young, so this isn't a guaranteed thing. I don't really care about what the secret societies do so I don't take the time to guarantee this kind of stuff. Just Gon have to see. Sorry if I sounded mean, I was just joking around.

Guess if you say so it must be true.

What economic predictions have you been correct about?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The idea that we need steal to survive is planted in us for right now. It doesn't work if no one thinks they need it to live. Medical prices have been raising for 20+ years now's & they are striving better than ever. They're customers are making that much more effort for insurance & medical supplies because of the price hike. It motivates people when they feel financially challenged.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Sorry I can't do proof, I am really sorry. Idk if you believe in real secret societies, like Illuminati is a very low branch & only runs entertainment. I'm talkin big Dawgs have specific rules. I said the tariff thing to y'all cause thats alright. Somethin' stupid I guess is I noticed 6 years back how commercials were using subliminal messaging. They say like the word rabbit than the next commercial will have a rabbit, that is only now. Years ago though they said rabbit but didn't show a rabbit for at least 4 or 5 commercials. Kinda dumb but it's a lil 'prediction'(observation). They used momentum so the audience never knew what they were getting into. Start slow, roll faster after awhile. That's still amature subliminal messinging, but it worked.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join