It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu not what it seems?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
For the first time in my life I suffered a massive panic attack from Australia's 2017 'flu. I believe it was from the medication the doctors prescribed because I presented with acute sinusitis and the onset of pneumonia. There was no bacterial testing done, but I knew deep in my bones that I was going to get extremely ill. I just knew it and was panicking. The meds kicked me right over the edge.

My brother got viral meningitis. He's a healthy and very fit
man but was hospitalised.

My dad got double pneumonia so bad the doctors at the hospital thought it was a superbug at first. Then afterwards, there was no way he could care for himself for various reasons and was admitted to a nursing home.

It took me ages to recover. All up I had the sinusitis first, then pneumonia, and tailing it was the 'flu. I just wasn't getting better, antibiotics were stopped as the ER doctors told me that with the flu they think the pneumonia is viral. Everytime I took an antibiotic anyway, I freaked out and displayed classic panic attack symptoms.

To my everlasting shame I used to think panic attacks were not that bad ...until I had one. I have had severe depression before and a panic attack is like a years' worth of depression squeezed in 24 hours.

I was told my brother and father might die so I visited them in hospital. My mother didn't has she is terrified of getting sick.

Last year's flu in Australia took me about 3 - 5 months to recover from because it was one sickness after another and then with my dad going to a nursing home, I had to become his POA and sell his home (Mum and Dad are separated) and do all his paperwork while basically no one helped, except the hospital staff.

I don't often get the flu but when I do, it's a doozy. I have small children, they've all been immunised, but I still caught whooping cough three times. In fact, I had whooping cough and pneumonia at the same time. Last year's flu ranks up with that bout. I don't get the flu shots, but my dad says I should.

I lost my job because I basically couldn't work, too ill, yet I had to do all the POA stuff for my dad while being sick, coping with grief and sadness and trying to be a good mum.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: w810i

I had the stomach flu or something like it a couple of weeks ago and I have never felt so sick in my life. I literally could not get rid of it for almost 2 weeks, it was way stronger than any illness I have had in recent years.I did get a flu shot this year but as the medical establishment has stated, its not very effective against the current strains. I think viruses are getting stronger. Either that or our immune systems are getting weaker from all toxins and pollutants in the environment. BTW what finally knocked it out of me was taking probiotics from Walmart. It was gone in 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We are getting closer in successfully dealing with these mutating virus.

"The holy grail is to target a piece of the virus by antibody or t cell," says Tom Evans, the CEO of a company called Vaccitech that is working on a universal vaccine they hope can be used to treat all strains of influenza A.

"The body prefers to make a response to the part of the virus that changes," says Fauci, who is also overseeing NIH groups working on universal vaccines. "It's our job to present to the body this molecule that makes a specific response against the part that doesn't change."

Through clinical trials, Evans hopes to answer his current hypothesis within two years but says an additional five years after that will be needed to improve upon the research group's findings. Fauci, too says that some headway has been made, but a universal vaccine is still at least several years in the works.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm almost over the flu right now, it knocked me right out for days. Then you see quotes like this one and it makes you think there's more crap up the tree than we've been told about.

MIT professor Penny Chisholm: “The real trick is, in terms of trying to level off at someplace lower than that 9 billion, is to get the birthrates in the developing countries to drop as fast as we can. And that will determine the level at which humans will level off on earth.”

Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger: “The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.

And that's only a couple statements, one from a MIT Prof. There's dozens more to add.
edit on 11-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

The latter quote is taken out of context

www.plannedparenthood.org...

The first quote discusses falling birth rates. You don't have to murder people if they aren't born, and the idea is to get developing nations out of a pattern of having large families to compensate for high mortality that isn't there any more. This is done by birth control, not killing people.

Influenza is a mutating virus. It kills people. Sometimes it kills more than others. It has nothing to do with human intervention - it can manage to kill people without our involvement.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Today, I feel right as rain. Thanks to mix of different options outside of the medical community at the bargain basement price of $47.90

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

I DO have a crush on Mother Nature!

I wish I could be as nonpartial as she and just do what needs to be done!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
my 3 year old daughter had the booster flu jab last week, she come down with a seriously bad flu bug 48 hours later

Now all 3 of my toddlers are seriously ill with flu, full on all the symptoms

So I guess it's me next

Is this normal after vacation?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Oh my goodness!☹️

Healing thoughts and prayers your way! How awful! Poor babies!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: w810i

Bad it might be, but none of my household has flu. No flu shots, either. Hmmm......

A couple do have a mild cold; some minor sinus issues, but nothing serious, and gone in a couple of days.

I have been suspicious of the flu reports foor some time now.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: w810i
What if this was a flu that was modified to genetically upgrade the host DNA its in or activate something in our system thats been laying dormant??

That's a MASSIVE leap of logic with nothing to back it up.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasteel

originally posted by: w810i
What if this was a flu that was modified to genetically upgrade the host DNA its in or activate something in our system thats been laying dormant??

That's a MASSIVE leap of logic with nothing to back it up.
Take a look at what forum we are in turbo.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I've had flu twice the last time being 2 years ago. Horrible illness.

I used to get a lot of colds but now I take vitamin D3 oil, liposomal vitamin C and regularly eat raw garlic.
I rarely get colds at all now, or they go away very quickly.

I think those 3 medications are amazing, especially if you take on the first day of feeling ill.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So sorry for the delay! I totally missed your reply. So it’s not blood type it seems. Personally, I’ve also considered whether it could be my love of garlic. I also don’t ever “think” I’ll get sick or bit - if that makes sense - but that’s likely a chicken-or-the-egg question. In terms of heritage, I look Caucasian but have a strong Native American lineage (I personally am 1/8.)

a reply to: scubagravy

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join