It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History in the making - Donald Trump to meet with the Kim Jong-Un?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Should the Orange Cheeto meet with the Little Rocket Man?

I say yes he must. On top of that what's with the name calling? That's such a childish thing or is that all extreme left minds have left.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
OK, I changed the title...sorry...I guess my sarcastic humor got the best of me. Sorry....
edit on Marpm31pmf0000002018-03-08T20:10:11-06:000811 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Now he's colluding with the North Koreans.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You're forgiven 😋

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I also read somewhere one of his sanctions was no NetFlix in NK so maybe he really wants to see the new season of "Jessica Jones".

But seriously, to me this is a very historic moment. NK pushed and for the first time in decades we pushed back. The Chinese also are feeling the heat in trade and now NK sanctions on a world stage they are trying to lead.

What he needs to do is what no one else has done. Follow through and NOT let NK dictate the parameters of any agreement.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
OK, I changed the title...sorry...I guess my sarcastic humor got the best of me. Sorry....

Thank you. It's a very important step in the right direction to unify SK and NK. No need to be sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This is a significant, historic event, and THIS is the title of the thread to discuss it?

Thank you for saving me the typing. Ditto on what you wrote.

And while I'm here? The OP's avitar SUCKS.

MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Obama had 8 years and nothing happened.

Well, Kim developed some nifty weapons systems during Obama's watch.

You don't say.

I'd laugh but it's too sick to even comprehend this filthy truth.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08

Yeah, for PEACE.

Or would you rather clap your little hands in joy in hopes over a Trump fail then willingly deal with absorbing a nuclear attack just to wave your way into the grave with a great big 'I told you so' that would reinate to not a one becasue you'll be dead and so will the rest of us?

Are you even American?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: Mark08

Yeah, for PEACE.

Or would you rather clap your little hands in joy in hopes over a Trump fail then willingly deal with absorbing a nuclear attack just to wave your way into the grave with a great big 'I told you so' that would reinate to not a one becasue you'll be dead and so will the rest of us?

Are you even American?

Kimmy would pepper the west coast with nukes.

lol.

1 hour!!

Where are those precious illegals when you need them?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: matafuchs

Sure. He should meet with him and try to talk about the issues.

That is much more reasonable than trying to puff his chest and get in to a battle of prick-waving, like Trump did in the past.

So you are for Trump meeting him?
No more dickwaving like Obama did for 8 years?

Trump has only been waving his dick for a little over a year.
That doesn't matter to you, does it?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Lets just pray this doesnt turn out to be a catastrophe , or that Kimmy isnt planning something catastrophic

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
When I heard about this the following can be stated:

Going back in history, when Nixon went to China, to open relations, it was the culmination of months of work, and negotiations between the 2 countries. This started with subtle hints, and working up to diplomatic communications and finally a visit, which shocked the world, ending with Nixon traveling and doing an official visit to China. However there was another reason, that was not known at the time, and that was to put pressure on the Soviet Union.

This time it is an isolated nation, with heavy sanctions on it is reaching out to the USA, seeking a high level meeting. While this does show promise, that hopefully it would ease tensions in Korea between the North and South and that instead of talking with pointing weapons, people are going to sit down and talk.

The details are right now still up in the air, as to location and date, but it looks promising. However there are questions, and in this case, it is best that caution and care be given. The first question is what is prompting this? North Korea is not exactly known for making direct contact or overtures towards the USA, save to make threats. Most of the propaganda that it sends out, shows victory against the USA in military aspects. So this would make one wonder why now. China, will China be present during that time, or has China or even Russia been pushing North Korea to go into talks with the USA? If China or Russia is involved, there is a good chance that the Kim has been given information on Trump.

Who is going to advise and prepare Trump for this meeting? And what will be on the table?

Hopefully, beyond the asking for the elimination of the nuclear weapons program, that one of the things on the table will be an official end to the Korean conflict, that there be a peace treaty that is brought out of this meeting or shortly thereafter.

This will be the time for Trump to show that he can make a deal when it really matters. It will either be his defining moment of his presidency or an absolute failure.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I hope he addresses the damn death camps that Kimmie has all over the country, maybe fixing that issue amongst other things

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've been watching this develop. Masterful ploy by Trump, IMO.

Kim was not about to voluntarily give up his dreams of being a nuclear superpower. Why should he? The rest of the world was giving in to his demands left and right, because OMG NK is going to nuke us! We're talking about a bully, no different from the local schoolyard bully. Asking nicely don't work; giving him your lunch money doesn't work; appealing to his reason doesn't work; trying to ignore him doesn't work.

Showing him you can and will kick his little hiney until his nose bleeds works.

That's what Trump did. He stood up in the face of Kim, laughed at him, and took his lunch money. He used Twitter and his rallies to make fun of Kim (laughing in his face), military exercises and treats to prove he can kick butt any time he wants, and the UN sanctions to take his lunch money. Then he lets Kim know that all this can go away if Kim wants to be reasonable and play nice.

Right about now Kim is thinking that maybe he should play nice, at least for a while.

These talks are not going to be some great, earth-shaking development that suddenly ushers in World Peace... it'll just be talks, a prelude to ironing out exact details of how things will or will not progress from here. I don't think Trump will 'give away the farm' like Obama and Bush and Clinton and Bush did... but neither do I think that NK will change overnight. Still, the tactic worked exactly as intended: Kim and Trump will speak face to chest... er, I mean face.

(OK, I threw in a short joke... sue me.)

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I know it's rare, but it's also a pleasant surprise when we can agree.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

When it comes to talks like this, one must look at what is far more important to the security of ones own country. And it would have to be the nuclear program and a peace treaty first and foremost. All other topics would have to be more of a second or not brought up.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Excellent. Just don't drink the wine POTUS, NK have a particularly Russian method when it comes to these sort of things...

It's either a great step, or a great setup - for the political purple wedding

edit on 9-3-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join