It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History in the making - Donald Trump to meet with the Kim Jong-Un?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Link

Seems the Little Rocket Man has invited our POTUS for a meet and greet. Delivered by a SK delegation there was a letter from Un asking to meet with the President.

They have recently offered to stop their nuclear program but we know from the past nothing has ever been done and they have been allowed to proliferate to the point they are now.

National Security Adviser Lt. General H.R. McMaster will brief the UN Security Council on Monday regarding the situation in North Korea and the talks with the South Korean delegation, according to a senior US official.

Trump has expressed an openness to dialogue with North Korea, but the Trump administration has said North Korea must first take concrete steps toward denuclearization. "All options are on the table and our posture toward the regime will not change until we see credible moves toward denuclearization," a senior administration official told reporters on Tuesday. "What we are looking for is concrete steps toward denuclearization."

Can you imagine the security that would surround this meeting?

Since Trump came in to office, the US has leveled some of its most significant and far-reaching sanctions against North Korea and has also succeeded in pressuring China to further isolate the regime.

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002018-03-08T20:07:16-06:000816 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002018-03-08T20:09:20-06:000820 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I can’t wait to see what the liberal news media has to say about this.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Sure. He should meet with him and try to talk about the issues.

That is much more reasonable than trying to puff his chest and get in to a battle of prick-waving, like Trump did in the past.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is a significant, historic event, and THIS is the title of the thread to discuss it?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Who's orange cheeto?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That is much more reasonable than trying to puff his chest and get in to a battle of prick-waving, like Trump did in the past.

Here comes the spin. Goddamn Trump had to show that he is a president that you better take seriously. Obama and his cowardice emboldened NK. Now NK has no choice but to negotiate. Obama had 8 years and nothing happened. Trump did this in one year.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't know how he is doing it, but Trump does seem to be making some progress with DPRK, how long it will last I don't know.

But its good to see them being more open to talking rather than a few months ago when things were getting very heated.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
DP
edit on 8-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
My thoughts exactly, lmfao
edit on 8-3-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

Point is, this is monumental and major pivoting point in history, by Trump, of all people. What a milestone, just terrific.
edit on 8-3-2018 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Obama had 8 years and nothing happened.

Well, Kim developed some nifty weapons systems during Obama's watch.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just disclosed that the JONG family "slush" fund is running low. Never happened before. Famine in the land, etc., didn't bother Kim. But mess with his family fortune, and you've got his attention.

link   
The spin is, why wait so long?

Trump always said he'd talk with him.

This is pretty epic tho, no matter what happens.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't know how he is doing it, but Trump does seem to be making some progress with DPRK

He did it right in front of us all.

Some call it 'prick waving'.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Leftist heads must be exploding everywhere.

I thought Trump was goading NK into war?

Instead, he's brought them to the table in record time.

Too funny.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I politely request changing the thread title please. @Matafuchs

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Do you think one has to do with the other?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Trump is going to own little pooter boi.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I don't know how he is doing it

Somehow I'm not surprised by this statement.
If you understood this you might understand many other aspects of this whole Trump thing you seem to be so confused about.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Sure...Like Obama did??? And Bush and Clinton before him???

Maybe you'd like Trump to give him a 150 billion, cash, so he will stop his nuclear program...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Here comes the spin. Goddamn Trump had to show that he is a president that you better take seriously. Obama and his cowardice emboldened NK. Now NK has no choice but to negotiate. Obama had 8 years and nothing happened. Trump did this in one year.
The little Porkster figured Hillary would win...And by now he would be ordering her to get the American troops out of S. Korea...And she would have complied...

I don't know what's wrong with liberals...Are they incapable of thinking???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join