It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Stars in the Galaxies are older than the Galaxy itself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I watched some show the other day on the learning Channel, and the guy said how they were configuring the age of some galaxies, and the age of some stars in that galaxy, and What they found Puzzled them. They found that some of the stars in the galaxy were older than the galaxy itself... the guy went on to say how it wasn't right, because the galaxy was like the mother, and the sun was an offspring. Then he said it's not logical for the Kid to be older than the Mom... If you guys understand what I'm talking about, what do you guys think about it? Have any of you heard about this at all?

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I conclude that the star in question was not "born" in that particular galaxy.

DEN OF THE DAMNED

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Are you sure that you heard it right?. Heres a link describing a new discovery of New stars in old galaxies.

Link

However if you did hear right and the said star's are infact older than the galaxies they exist in, then I concur with GG stating that galaxies can collide in space. Usually resulting in the formation of new glaxies and stars, however it may be possible for a star to survive one of these collisions and become incorporated in the new galaxy.

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Maddas]

new topics

join