It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ten Commandments and Protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So often now days we turn to guns for protection and that includes myself. I am starting to see that we do it to ourselves and a better form of protection could be living closer to alignment with the ten commandments. Now my theory goes that when we sin we allow for a path for the energy we created in sin to be turned back upon our own heads.

Perhaps when confronted with our returned sin face to face is to ask the trespasser for forgiveness cause through our sin we have sent our negative energy to the trespasser. Thereby making them a vessel used by what we call satan and by asking for forgiveness and forgiving the trespasser we can release the energy from all parties involved.

It is just a thought and possible better than arming churches,schools,students and teachers while watching our morals decay.

Exodus 20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's

easier said than done but possibly the best path foward

edit on 8-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
also before the what did children do to deserve recompense for some sin not committed by them i will give you my best guess and say look no further than the guardians for answers.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I ask for forgiveness for my sins both known and unknown and ask that you open the hearts of those i have sinned against so that they may be released from the bondage i have put upon themby forgiving me and i vow to try to live closer to your word.

possibly it should go something like that

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Even as an agnostic I can recognize the value of the ten commandments - basically, be nice to one another.

A lot of stuff in the world would stop going south if we'd simply stop being arseholes with one another.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I can see the value in admitting that we do not know until we are shown.

I think by now we do know that we are all bundles of energy and that forms the basis of my beliefs.

Simply because energy follows the law without feelings.

That has been my biggest obstacle is accepting that GOD is not concerned with our feelings to the point we as mortals are concerned with our feelings..

In my life i have railed against that much due to lack of faith.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

We absolutely have brought much upon ourselves and following God's law would make suffering go away.

First off, we know that it's impossible to follow God's law.

Secondly, what on earth does making society better by following God's law gave to do with not protecting yourself and your family?

I mean if you're trying to infer that God's commandment thou shall not kill means by defending ourselves is against good wishes then you need to do some studying.

The word kill used in the Talmud is not in that commandment. The commandment actually says thou shall not commit murder.

God commands people to kill on many occasions but forbids us to commit murder.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

If everyone would follow the commandment of not killing, or not murdering, then you wouldn't have to defend for your life in the first place.

The reason you need self defense is because there are still people out there who don't follow the commandment.

edit on 8-3-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

i agree with not committing murder vs not killing but still reserve the thought that i may be ignorant on that point but not likely.

First off, we know that it's impossible to follow God's law.

not impossible to try thank goodness for forgiveness and the debt that was paid so that the negative we create once released can be dealt with without causing more sin.

i believe that when confronted with sin against us we can ask the sinner for forgiveness and that holds more power than any other weapon we could form against the sinner.

By standard perception having the victim to ask the victimizer for forgiveness seems mental but it is the correct path i see

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ecclesiastes chapter 3
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Not to be use to justify revenge or anything else. But basically says that if that is the only solution left, then, let it be.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

If everyone would follow the commandment of not killing, or not murdering, then you wouldn't have to defend for your life in the first place.

The reason you need self defense is because there are still people out there who don't follow the commandment.

It is like the 'laws of nature' kind of thing. If you covet other peoples stuff, wife etc you are subject to instant death in the history of this Earth. Evil begets evil is another way to think of this and conversely love begets love.

People killing others is why weapons were needed for defense. Until we end that, we have to have weapons to protect the innocent and those too weak to defend themselves physically.
edit on 8-3-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I wish more people felt that way. I respect anybody's belief or non-belief, but I don't see the logic in dumping any common sense a belief may have, such as respecting others, helping those in need, honoring parents, heeding to all kinds of juicy tidbits of wisdom.

But that's the downside of focusing on the messenger while ignoring the message. I had plenty of teachers I didn't care for in school, but I didn't ignore the knowledge and flunk out because of my personal feelings/opinions.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Matthew 22

34But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. 35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It ties in much with my main point that the best protection is forgiveness and to not hate others.

It is very easy to view these words as someone looking down on the rest but i very much strife with hate.

Get behind me Satan for i love god as much as i love my neighbors and on this day love will prevail.

May the guy in the sky have something special for all of us in due time.

This will be because i will remain faithful.

new topics

top topics

join