It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver May Get To Vote On Whether To Make Magic Mushrooms Legal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I don't know why any drugs are illegal.

People should be responsible for anything they use, be it alcohol or 'shrooms.

Laws are already in place for when people commit crimes.

But just taking drugs is not an infringement on the rights of any other individual.
I agree generally. I guess let me ask what you think though of substances like heroin or meth which are both incredible addictive and physically destructive?

Alcohol and nicotine are addictive also.

Should we legislate on the degrees of addictiveness?
But again, this whole thread I've seen people just put everything in the same boat. Heroin and meth are very very addictive substances and it happens much quicker than alcohol and nicotine. Sometimes within the first weeks or month of use. So then the question policy wise is whether some things are dangerous enough to individuals or society that they should be illegal? I don't have a set answer here, but that's the crux.

Yes, alcohol is addictive and ironically, has worse withdrawals than heroin for actual alcoholics. That's why the drug policy debate is pretty dishonest. The fact that marijuana is illegal in many places yet alcohol is not, a much more lethal and addictive substance, proves that.
edit on 10-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

How free do we want our society to be?

Do we actually believe in personal responsibility or just pay it lip service?

Meth, heroin are horrible drugs (in my opinion) that ruin countless lives. Yet as I write that, I smoke a cigarette and sip on a bloody mary.

I take ownership of my actions, my decisions. I will pay the price health-wise and punitively if I cause an accident while under the influence.

How free should our society be?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beyond Creation
Nature provides us with all of the plants, or drugs as you may call some, for us to benefit from. As this is a free will Universe, both free will and nature should be respected.

To manufacture, prescribe, limit or forbid is against the simple offerings. We shouldn't interfere, only allow nature to be a catalyst for learning.

Nature also provides us with hemlock but no one, including Socrates, would advocate its use unless one wanted to die. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe for casual use.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

How free do we want our society to be?

How free should our society be?

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere....... Voltaire

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Beyond Creation
Nature provides us with all of the plants, or drugs as you may call some, for us to benefit from. As this is a free will Universe, both free will and nature should be respected.

To manufacture, prescribe, limit or forbid is against the simple offerings. We shouldn't interfere, only allow nature to be a catalyst for learning.

Nature also provides us with hemlock but no one, including Socrates, would advocate its use unless one wanted to die. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe for casual use.

People, tribes, comunities and certain religions have been using these for thousands of years. The benefits from using these psychedelics is only really begining to come out.

On depression, it shows huge promise. Of course the pharmaceuticals do not want this because that are making billions on anti depressants and other stuff.

I have done dmt and mushrooms, and the benafits for me are profound! Do the powers that be want people to open and realise the truth? I do not think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join