It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MC´DONALDS.. Buying food for homeless and POLICE is called

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: dollukka

I f#cking new it! CALI!!! Liberal heaven with the worst hypocrisy possible!

This has nothing to do with California, or Liberals.
This is a business enforcing their right to refuse service.
Maybe the restaurant had a prior experience with this particular homeless person. Who knows??
Oh nevermind. Just saw it.

The local Homeless have no problems buying McDonalds here in my state, The Great State of Texas that is.

Glad that's still true. Many, many ages back, I worked in a McD in Texas, and we had a homeless guy come in fairly regularly. He had about the same about of money every time, very little, but enough for a burger and drink, or fries. No one EVER complained about him, or treated him any differently than any other customer. Poor guy couldn't even add up his money, as it happens. I'd have thrown a fit had someone complained.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: jidnum
Tossing a panhandler out of a business is WAAAAAAY different than someone sitting inside eating something not bothering anyone.

Except he was previously a bother and was told not to enter the premises.

Reality and facts dont matter when you are a keyboard SJW.

Look how many people here are still blaming the big bad company while ignoring the full story.

What reality?

Is it the reality that even homeless people need to eat ? Do you think MacDonalds should have a no homeless sign at the doors of the restaurant, perhaps show a valid ID when entering.... WTF man I'm appalled at how little empathy people have towards those who failed financially ....
edit on 13-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

edit on 13-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I f#cking new it! CALI!!! Liberal heaven with the worst hypocrisy possible!

Good god. 30 something stars for someone that thinks Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is in California. You're why people think Trump supporters are idiots.

She was enforcing the law. She wasn't being violent and she went out of her way not to arrest anyone. This officer is actually a professional.

But when a cop puts a bullet in some unarmed kid they're defended like some kind of hero.

Gross.

Let's be fair here - the guy in the video didn't name a state, and there is a Myrtle Beach, CA, as well as the one in SC - duckduckgo.com...

As for the cop, I agree that she was doing her job. The management called them for trespassing, which just means refusing to leave, so she had to act on that.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

. Idiots could have come up with a written agreement to sign (pactum de non petendo) before the Hippies dive their dumpster

You cant contract out of a law when it concerns certain legislation. Its like saying I own a restaurant and I'll have a private agreement with the Health Department not to inspect my restaurant for food hygiene as long as I pay them a donation every week.

As below - what you mention is irrelevant in your example

Pactum de non petendo is a Latin phrase. It means ‘agreement not to sue.’ The phrase is used to refer to an agreement in which a creditor promises not to enforce the debt.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
So I want to go ahead and not be a reactionary jackass.

None of us know the full story here.

Perhaps the homeless gentleman was soliciting in the parking lot when the cops got called. It is VERY common to call the police when someone is panhandling. Panhandlers discourage customers, make them uncomfortable and are often very aggressive.

Perhaps the police were alerted BEFORE this encounter because the homeless guy was being a pain in the ass and harassing customers in the parking lot. Sure sounds like that's what was happening. The guy filming saying he wasn't harassed doesnt mean other people weren't.

Go ahead and believe the guy that's making the video. ATS is so anti-authority that it's completely willing to take up stupid causes.

If a place asks you to leave, you leave. If the cops show up, you REALLY need to leave. We don't know if he smelled like crap, was frightening customers or whatever.

What a TERRIBLE cop. Women shouldn't be cops. She had no control over the situation. It was embarrassing. She had to chase the filmer around. Let women be community police officers in schools and whatnot. They are far better with family issues than male counterparts. They are a complete liability in any violent confrontation.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Pactum de non petendo is a Latin phrase. It means ‘agreement not to sue.’

It doesn't apply to debt only. It's an agreement not to sue, and that's it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The outrage was from the people who didn't want the guy in the restaurant, everyone else is like WTF is wrong with you people just let the guy eat and then leave.

I think there were quite a few people who understood where the business was coming from and that they had run ins with him panhandling guests previously. Including me.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Let's be fair here - the guy in the video didn't name a state, and there is a Myrtle Beach, CA, as well as the one in SC - duckduckgo.com...

Highlight the link to 'Myrtle Beach, CA' as I'm pretty sure all of those are for addresses in South Carolina.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The outrage was from the people who didn't want the guy in the restaurant, everyone else is like WTF is wrong with you people just let the guy eat and then leave.

I think there were quite a few people who understood where the business was coming from and that they had run ins with him panhandling guests previously. Including me.

Right. Let's ask the oh-so objective big corp involved in this mess and trust their PR morons blindly! Err... right.

Is there a somewhat trustworthy source for said "run-ins", a court case or something? No? Aha.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
Right. Let's ask the oh-so objective big corp involved in this mess and trust their PR morons blindly! Err... right.

Is there a somewhat trustworthy source for said "run-ins", a court case or something? No? Aha.

Mutilple employees were interviewed and the police also spoke of the previous issues, if you don't want to believe them because 'corporate conspiracy' then that's your bag.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Some people don´t have the brains like this manager and policewoman.. They should both get fired.

The guy in the video said as soon the homeless guy went in they called the cops.

this sounds like the guy was not allowed to enter the store based on a previous encounter where the store banned the man from entering.

Its done a other shops especially here in Australia, If a homeless person is caught stealing and is known in the area the person can be banned from entering the store. Security don't let them in or the cops are called if there is no security .

Same thing could have happened here based on the manager calling the cops straight away for trespassing.

In no way am I defending the store or anyone just pointing out that too many times videos like this don't give a big picture of what going on and manipulate viewers into picking up pitch forks and gathering the mob.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Right lets ask the oh-so objective SJW filming the video.

The one not telling the whole story just the one filming a few mins in time without knowing anything else about the story.

Funny how it works both ways..

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Highlight the link to 'Myrtle Beach, CA' as I'm pretty sure all of those are for addresses in South Carolina.

Well, now, that's funny! I stand corrected.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

No worries.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

No worries.

Either way, still a mess of a situation. The homeless guy was being very calm, quiet, etc, just tying to eat, too. Very bad PR, overall.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

No worries.

Either way, still a mess of a situation. The homeless guy was being very calm, quiet, etc, just tying to eat, too. Very bad PR, overall.

Except, as is always the case, you dont know the whole story.
All you know is a moment in time.
Reading all the backstory here shows that this person was asked to not come in the store previously.

I dont disagree that the homeless guy was calm..SJW not so much though.
edit on 18-3-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

What Opeth said.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join