It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MC´DONALDS.. Buying food for homeless and POLICE is called

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In my defense, it was only liberal posters defending the actions of the restaurant so I was half right about the scenario.

The hypocrisy stands tall...

I agree about hypocrisy. It gets really glaring when tax free charities can stand outside store front entrances 'legally' panhandling around Christmas.

But if a disheveled looking person tries ringing a bell with a 'collection' basket, they get cited for panhandling.

Who needs the money more , a mega charity or a poor person.

Great point, I think I might bring up this story each time a charitable organization asks me for money outside an establishment and just give my $1 to some random homeless guy now.

Outstanding. They can sure use it.

We don't 'fix' anything, just make life that tiny bit easier for someone, that day.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
I can see why McD's would bar him from the premises. Still a sad state of affairs. Would have been better to just have bought him the meal and taken it outside to him rather than bringing him inside and caused this whole incident.

I can't fathom why we as a society - restaurants, grocery stores, bakeries, meat shops, etc, are throwing away so much stuff daily and lawmakers make dumpster diving illegal. There is honestly very little wrong with the majority of food that's thrown away at these places. Change the damn laws. Have churches and homeless shelters able to go to these places and pick up the stuff that would be thrown away. If it's obviously spoiled or bad, then yeah, trash it. But loaves of bread a day over the "Best by" date? Donate that stuff. Canned goods can last for years beyond the expiry date, yet we toss them away.

What a world we live in. People the world over starve to death and we throw away millions of tons of perfectly edible food per day.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I don't think it's about blame. I mean... you could just try an UBI and give people the money to consume more, but in the end that would only relocate the production of waste.

This whole topic is interesting because it scratches on the thin varnish of civilisation, and offers a short glimpse on the cold bones beneath. With so much food going to waste it's a valid question to ask, why anyone should pay a thing at all. The sheer abundance is mesmerizing.

It isn't so much waste as it is a symptom of having an economic system that is so productive and efficient that we generate far more food and other goods than actually needed. It is a first world problem.

While it is nice to say there is plenty of food, the reality is that there is a certain segment of our population that are incapable of supporting themselves no matter what society does to help them.

In some ways, we encourage bums and homelessness by making it bearable. I live in a town with plenty of services for the homeless and quite frankly, all it does is invite parasitic behavior. Instead of people correcting what is wrong in their lives, they just suck on a teet of the public goodwill. I've lived in this town for 13 years. The same mofo's have been on the corner begging for years.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I live in Central Florida.....When a bunch of homeless people started camping in the woods behind the McDonald's near my work, panhandling and stinking up the place, I started driving down the road to a different fast food place.
These bums can damage a business who puts up with their begging and filth and drives away their customers. I understand calling the cops.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Understood. With that kinda reasoning you could also scratch the whole justice system and go back to straight anomy. What's the point in all efforts of resocialization when people don't change?

Well, some of them do. Your whole approach on people and their choices is a mere subjective notion with a limited scope in a very violent society.

They gave out heroin to heavy addicts in Cologne to study the effects, and the (drug-related) crime of the users went down significantly while the health of all test persons generally increased. It's just one example for the various ways to offer better choices.
edit on 8-3-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The guy filming is a tool. People using this to virtue signal are also. The odds that McDs had prior altercations with the man causing them to not welcome him are much much greater than the odds of them turning down a customer for being homeless. That's silly really. Maybe the McDonalds was trying to not get shut down by their community.

sf.eater.com...

edit on 8-3-2018 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

That's sad.

I remember when I was a kid and with my family at a Burger King. A homeless man was inside just cleaning off empty tables and throwing out the trash. He wasn't an employee, he was looking for a job. I guess BK wouldn't hire him but didn't kick him out either. My mother struck up a convo with him and that's why I know this. Before we finished our meal, she bought a breakfast combo and just left it on the table as we left. He was very thankful and BK didn't call the cops on us.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Cali? That was Myrtle Beach.

TIL: There is a Myrtle Beach in Cali.
edit on 8-3-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

of course they are different organizations but soliciting funds in public is something they both do.
Im not sure I get your point.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Is there a Myrtle Beach in California? I did a quick search but didnt see it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
McDonalds...you B nice to homeless people...else you goin down...I'm on the Big Mac Wagon until then!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I f#cking new it! CALI!!! Liberal heaven with the worst hypocrisy possible!

Yeh because one incident represents the entire state or people of that state. LOL
edit on 8-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
Yeh because on incidents represents the entire state. LOL

In this case it didn't represent that state at all.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The whole story is helpful.

In a statement to WMBF, Joel Pellicci Jr., the owner of the McDonald’s in question, said this has been an ongoing problem:

"At my restaurant, the goal is to provide our customers with a positive and welcoming experience each time they visit. Unfortunately, the individual in this video has a history of disruptive behavior and has been asked to leave by management and police on several occasions."

It looks like what happened here is the homeless person was previously banned from there for causing trouble and this person trying to help him was unaware of his history. Sad situation, but the business was not in the wrong.

The man helping him was a good person who I applaud for doing that, but uninformed as to why it happened. If he knew the truth though and did not include it in his video, my opinion would change.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That would be a no. The video in the OP took place in South Carolina.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
The whole story is helpful.

In a statement to WMBF, Joel Pellicci Jr., the owner of the McDonald’s in question, said this has been an ongoing problem:

"At my restaurant, the goal is to provide our customers with a positive and welcoming experience each time they visit. Unfortunately, the individual in this video has a history of disruptive behavior and has been asked to leave by management and police on several occasions."

It looks like what happened here is the homeless person was previously banned from there for causing trouble and this person trying to help him was unaware of his history. Sad situation, but the business was not in the wrong.

The man helping him was a good person who I applaud for doing that, but uninformed as to why it happened. If he knew the truth though and did not include it in his video, my opinion would change.

Nah, people on this thread rather stick with a narrative of an evil giant corporation kicking out some innocent homeless guy just trying to get a meal. It makes them feel better when virtue signaling.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Sometimes their lives were ruined for them, by war, bad parents or ignorance. Our country used to have state and local help that they no longer provide the money is generally wasted on other less needed things like over governing.

No doubt people have issues/need help and help is available for the asking. In my neck of the woods there are food banks stocked with free food/clothes/furniture, ample, clean, public housing etc. I've seen volunteers going door to door searching for needy people in an effort to give away excess bread before it went bad.

If people choose to do absolutely nothing but sit in their own filth/beg, should society protect/enable that level of anti-social behavior to the detriment of communities/business owners? Yes people need help but should their desperation/mental illness play out in the marketplaces of America?

Mom/pop business owners in small Colorado tourist towns depend on tourist dollars to keep the doors open. These towns will die if panhandlers are allowed to overwhelm visitors. I'm not talking one/two, some places swarm with them, all vying for the best spots.

Would you invite that in front of your place of biz? Do you think happy vacationing tourists would avoid the melee, take their business elsewhere?

A real world solution is desperately needed but destroying the livelihoods/communities of others ain't it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You can't have an effective police-state if you allow regular people to feed or shelter those who are hungry or homeless.

As a society we have abdicated our responsibility to take care of those less fortunate and we have shifted that burden to the state.

Exactly....

McDonalds has locked dumpsters to keep the homeless from eating perfectly good food that has been thrown away.

Something is drastically wrong in a country where hungry people are denied food that is destined for the landfill.

Locked dumpster? It's not locked, if you've never experienced homelessness then you've not figured out, you can get the Key to the dumpster. They'll still harass your ass and say what your doing is unhygienic, unsanitary and theft by finding.

The liberal left - Wanting to help the homeless is amicable but haven't people figured it out yet why thousands of them would prefer it if you left them alone. Oh look there's a guy over there with a fire and a tent lets go harass him and claim we're helping by calling the cops, who will simply move them on anyway because it's not worth the paperwork and then how do you think the homeless guy feels about your helping? Perhaps he'd prefer it if they all just pissed off so he could go back to having a shi* in the woods! I've been and experienced homelessness numerous times.

They always ask at the charities (there's a laugh, if you can call it charity that the guy running the place is charging the Maximum in welfare), where do you stay at night where do you sleep etc.. You inform them at your own peril, because they will tell the local law and the local law will harass and try to move you on. You have to understand there Liberal thinking, that by telling someone in authority, they're being a good little boy scout and getting there little merit badge and can go home feeling all warm and fuzzy that they did the right thing. The cops are the same, if they move you on then your in another area and then your the next counties problem to deal with. Sheesh! An then they wonder why homeless people become anti-social. They become that way because people - despite there best intentions often make there life harder than it need's to be.

I used to raid the Dumpsters at night and used to find whole Pizza still on special reduced offer due to it being the last day, boxes of chocolate, blocks of cheese (cheese doesn't go off - it MATURES dumb ass!) drinks like Coke etc just one day or two past it's best sell by.

If I was ever spotted and challenged I used to just explain I was hungry and wouldn't hit that same place for a few days as for clean clothes, people have annoying habits of just dumping sacks of them outside Charity shops that would prefer it if they didn't anyway. But take it from a former homeless - Thanks for the Coke Cola and Warm Clothes!

edit on 8-3-2018 by micromark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

of course they are different organizations but soliciting funds in public is something they both do.
Im not sure I get your point.

The difference is, Fire departments aren't soliciting donations to get rich or make a profit. We could argue about who helps people more, thats a no brainer, imo.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

I f#cking new it! CALI!!! Liberal heaven with the worst hypocrisy possible!

This has nothing to do with California, or Liberals.
This is a business enforcing their right to refuse service.
Maybe the restaurant had a prior experience with this particular homeless person. Who knows??

So how did I know it was gonna be Cali before it was confirmed?

You were wrong. It was in South Carolina. Further, you people are wrong about the circumstances. More "outrage" because you now half the story. So typical of ATS.
edit on 3/8/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join