It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MC´DONALDS.. Buying food for homeless and POLICE is called

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dollukka

You can't have an effective police-state if you allow regular people to feed or shelter those who are hungry or homeless.

As a society we have abdicated our responsibility to take care of those less fortunate and we have shifted that burden to the state.

Exactly....

McDonalds has locked dumpsters to keep the homeless from eating perfectly good food that has been thrown away.

Something is drastically wrong in a country where hungry people are denied food that is destined for the landfill.

edit on 8-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't disagree with you, at least in principle. I understand why McDonalds, and other companies, do this. Im just not a fan of it.

What does the economic model incentivize? That is what will typically happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Come on now, you know in the world of being a keyboard social justice warrior reality doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is narratives on police states and virtual indignation.

Anyone watching the video can see the police were very professional even stating multiple people complained not just the store. The manager is being calm and professional.

Social Justice Warrior not so much with his repeated "you guys suck"

Regardless of if he brought the homeless guy across the street or not.. A restaurant has the right to deny servicing anyone if they feel its a detriment to their business..

Nah..screw reality..blurghjwjhah Social Justice Rage!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: wylekat
Also- Clown Burger has these cute signs in various places "You have a half hour to eat, then leave" (paraphrased). I am not going to get in, wait forever for food, and then be forced to dump it down my throat in 30 minutes, because corporate policy dictates it. Especially *that* slop.

In Reading, PA, the McDonalds downtown typically has a number of homeless people nursing a small black coffee for as long as the restaurant will allow them to sit there with it in cold weather.
The places have to put a time limit on the customers, or they would have no place for dine-in customers (that are purchasing a full meal) to sit, because the place would be full of homeless people using it as a heated home.
Something should be done, but is it the responsibility of a private business to provide a comfortable place for a homeless person to spend on third to one half of their day, for the price of a small coffee?

I have been to plenty of McDonald's in the hood that have these signs because if they don't the crackheads will over run the place. An original Krispy Kreme in Atlanta didn't have any seats / chairs to keep the bums from camping out. Even the bathroom doors are locked to keep the bums from going in to shoot up.

I have no problem buying a guy a meal. I do it often. However, I've also seen how the same bums basically loiter at these restaurants every day. To be clear, these guys are BUMS. Heroin, crack, and meth heads. Literally been hanging around my town for years.

I'd guess the homeless guy was known to the restaurant and didn't want him around. It had nothing to do with the guy being bought food, but probably some past behavior.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
People still actually eat at McDonalds?

Why in God's name would you want to do that?

Their food isn't worth consuming, even if you were paid to eat it.

Leave one of their "sandwiches" set out in the sun for a few weeks, and tell me how many microorganisms or animals touch it. Probably none.

As to the point of the video, they are a private business and can exclude any person for any reason. Perhaps the homeless guy was scaring away customers or maybe he was actually being disruptive. Either way, a business owner can remove you from their property for any reason (or their agent)

Its a strange thing, but despite what media may have done, McDonalds continues to beast through each year on the positive.

Lower stratification society is almost completely reliant on it and other cheap sources of food.

Hell, I have the McDs APP, all kinds of free stuff, hard to pass up.
However, I do agree, its bad and I feel bad eating it, but bro...those fish sandwiches, MMMMMHMMMMM!!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You can't have an effective police-state if you allow regular people to feed or shelter those who are hungry or homeless.

As a society we have abdicated our responsibility to take care of those less fortunate and we have shifted that burden to the state.

Exactly....

McDonalds has locked dumpsters to keep the homeless from eating perfectly good food that has been thrown away.

Something is drastically wrong in a country where hungry people are denied food that is destined for the landfill.

They throw food away because the bureaucrat regulatory state could come down on them if say the food is contaminated and someone gets sick. You progressives love to call for regulations but can't ever see how those same regulations cause situations like throwing away perfectly good food.

I can see it now, some guy dumpster dives and grabs an old BigMac. He gets sick. Next thing you know, McDonald's is being sued to oblivion. Keep in mind the vast majority of McDonald's restaurants are small businesses (Franchises).

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
I feel like I've just been Rickrolled.

You kind of did it to yourself. This incident wasn't political nor did it have anything to do with a political issue, it appears to be a case of this person being previously asked not to panhandle on the property and then being asked to leave when he entered the premises.

That's what I was thinking, and they got it wrong. It would have been nice if they had apologised this time, and maybe even given that meal free gratis, but no they just kept mum.
edit on 8-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That's pretty low, but they're still within their rights to eject anyone they want.

All you can do is stop giving Mickey your money.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You progressives love to call for regulations

Sure. Nobody was aware of the regulations, you reichwingers aint condescending at all!

His point is still flying over your head. It's tons of good food going to waste every day and blaming the gubmint wont help to solve the issue. We're facing the ugly face of capitalism in action after all.

But it's funny to see you justify a regulation that prevents dumpster divers from getting sick, and some big corp slave from being sued.

edit on 8-3-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: butcherguy
I suspect that there was a reason that the homeless guy was not welcome in the McDonalds.
He may have done something previously that made him persona non grata there.

Didn't you hear? Liberals blah blah blah.

Nice to see some members haven't had their brains scooped out yet. Wish there were more.

Did you see that liberal manager?
Yay, Im important! Im a Mcdonalds manager. Im powerful, look at me.

Nah its not Cali. If it was, all the homeless would have to say is that he is Mexican, and here illegally. Then the idiots with their brains scooped out would roll out the red carpet. Better yet, declare that you are a gay Mexican African democrat, that just swam in from Mexico.
God said brains, not trains. The democrats misunderstood, when they declined

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Pertaining to the cake guy. Does he know our bodies are all the same bile producing brain feeding hypocrisy upon nature? Anyone so perfect is a fool.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Did you see that liberal manager?
Yay, Im important! Im a Mcdonalds manager. Im powerful, look at me.

That syndrome goes back a long way, funny enough, even before there were 'liberal' and 'Democrats'.

But I get yah! it's very useful having something...anything...to pin such a label on to, other than it actually being an asshole of a human trait in some...no, many of us, just about anywhere in the world.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It was South Carolina, Republican heaven. LOL! I bet you take that back now and don't think it has anything to do with political party, right?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You would think they would have more important things to do considering the state of things!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I didn't hear that part and I wouldn't know where Myrtle Beach is anyway.

Watch again, it's near the end.

Point being, I knew it would be California.

Except it isn't in California, it's in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Well I stand corrected. I feel like I've just been Rickrolled.

A person should consider all when they decide to hate one section of society. The fact is many who become homeless flee to California thinking the golden life will be there for them, or they go to Ca thinking they will become stars and fall flat and end up homeless so that certainly is a factor in the big picture. If there are more.

The highest rates of homelessness among states are in Hawaii (465 per 100,000), followed by New York (399) and California (367). The lowest homeless counts per capita come in Mississippi (81 per 100,000), Indiana (94) and Kansas (94).Aug 8, 2014

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I have eaten meals with homeless people at fast food joints. Big deal. Its mcdonalds. Spend real money and eat out if you dont like it.

Unless they are illegally dirty, no one has any right to judge. Asking for money is annoying and I have never let someone panhandle in any business I worked at. I FEED them instead and they leave.

Homeless dude should spend all his time at this mcdonalds now. He can get arrested to get a meal and a roof for the day only to be released back to mcdonalds.

Use the bathroom floor, block the exit, and generally just be a dick.

They hate him. Whats the loss?

edit on 3 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

isnt it the ugly facade of capitalism draped over the soul destroying skeleton of corporatism

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Both the manager and policewoman here should get a promotion
The man had a history of causing trouble and wasnt allowed there
We spend lots of taxpayer money on homelessness to the point nobody should be homeless the people demand their money's worth
The people are angry and frustrated

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I love being corrected this way! Thanks.

It is corporate fascism at this point in the game. And it might be useful to debate semantics when they come across as a tad euphemistic. The term corporatism looks highly suspicious to me and I think Chomsky would agree.
Linguistics is a great tool to catch Newspeak with.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: johnvictor

The people are angry and frustrated

The people can S a D.

Mcdonalds is a crap place. Homeless and scum lords are welcome. Go elsewhere or stay home.

The trouble he caused is not trouble. No one bleeds or hurts thanks to his trouble.

edit on 3 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join