It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Makes Elephants Fair Game For Hunters As Trophy Ban is Lifted

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yeah they could be extinct in a decade... And the East Coast of the us is under water now from global warming.

You know the problem of politically manipulating science? You can't trust a f-ing word they say now because everything is suspect as being politically manipulated.

Jaden

(post by sapien82 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

While I understand that some big game hunting can be good for the local environment, and rid nuisance elephants from certain areas, I don't understand lifting of the trophy ban. This does nothing but encourage the hunters...legal or illegal to take those trophies.

Sad thing really...Hope it's reconsidered.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I dont care I'll happily troll trump the man is a buffoon , I am liberal in my beliefs , but I also know a egotistical sociopath when I see one so why would I try to love someone who is clearly incapable of love himself , or why would I be inclusive of trump if we isnt inclusive in his own right

I live in Scotland so Im not really that bothered about US domestic politics , but when the foreign politics start to affect the world around you , you have to take notice.

If anything trump is just allowing his citizens to do as they please , # the rest of the world
it's enabling people who feel entitled to kill animals for sport, which also happen to be an at risk species !
but yeh , who cares right , just some at risk elephants in a # hole country
it also happens to be quite rich people , who can afford to travel to africa with their guns and pay to go on illegal hunts , as most of the trophy kills are illegal. So trump is totally just pandering to his rich buddies who love hunting and are butt hurt that they cant kill the animal they are missing from their trophy room to assert their dominance over nature

In any case you are just assuming I know nothing about conservation despite me being a member of the WWF and have been since childhood so I am quite knowledgeable on the subject , and again you just assume I wont do what you expect me to , just so you can say I will remain ignorant. I already know that culls are essential to preserve some animals from being endangered.

You are free to think what you like , the fact is , these people are killing an at risk animal for sport , it was already banned.

Ahh # it I will just do a crowd fund for a small merc outfit in Africa to hunt animal poachers and sport hunters , see how long they keep it up when the hunters are being hunted.

Just to add , the reason I mentioned the scottish deer is that we preserve them through a balanced cull with the scottish highlands because too many deer destroy the forest and grass foothills as there are literally too many deer , my friend Jay is a grounds keeper and he has a contract with scottish government land and environment services , the forestry commission to cull a specific number of deer each year as they put pressure on many others species which also survive in those environments, not only fauna but flora as well . had we just left the wolves , we wouldnt have to do this #.
Another example of humans thinking they know what is best for nature.
trump would do well politically , to keep the ban in place , simply due to the current political climate , where everyone appears to care about social justice issues, and the environment. I cant see why he thinks he would get more votes or support this way compared to keeping the ban in place.

but hey money talks right

edit on 8-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Also , why cant we troll if we dont live in that country and cant vote in the US ?

or is politcal propaganda banned as well ?
I mean dont know how many times Ive slagged the absolute # out of the conservative party on ATS and my posts have never been removed for political trolling ?

or is it just the US president that gets this protection ?
Youd think he was on the endangered species list the way he gets preferential treatment

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This saddens me

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Lot of feelings and emotions here from a baited piece posted by an OP who didn't do enough research and the simpletons who follow blindly and scream, "I hate Trump".

Its amusing to watch.

Yes, people hunt. People like trophys. This is a dynamic issue. You leftist want us out of world affairs yet want to dictate a species half way across the world? Then you crap on those who like to hunt, professing they're primitive Neanderthals for doing so, literally ignoring the totallity of Human existence and how we got here.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Warning! Some disturbing images.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I wanna hunt elephants maybe I should crowd fund it too.

And I wanna be president of the world too so send more money for that.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

whats wrong with disliking someone who is clearly a very terrible human being?

there is a huge difference in hunting for sport, and hunting for survival, and hunting for sport of an animal that is in abundance on the face of earth , and hunting an animal that is known to be at risk because of over hunting and poaching.

I think it maybe touches a nerve because many people are probably in agreement that animals like the african elephant have more intelligence and compassion than donald trump

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

no worries you are officially added to the african merc elephant alliance kill list ;P

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

ahhhhh , evidence we need a human cull , because they are endangering those habitats !

bill burrs cruise ship method could work

Anyway those are actually animal revenge killings by the tigers and elephants in India they hold grudges you see

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is laughable.

Another baseless attack on Trump.

Care to share the rest of the story, OP, or should I?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
a reply to: SaturnFX

trump had nothing to do with this decision.. yet you're still gonna reeeeeee out?

thats why you arent taken seriously

As I stated, I will wait for what he does before any reeeee'ing.

this is why you need to take reading comprehension seriously.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Gothmog

Trump Administration Makes Elephants Fair Game For Hunters As Trophy Ban is Lifted

My question to you is , when is the last time an elephant was reported in the wild in the US ?

These are wild Elephants from Africa. Obama put a ban on the import of Elephant body parts for trophies. Now with the ban lifted there will be more Elephants hunted and killed.

Too bad the Us isn't the only market for that stuff.

Obama didn't end anything.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Gothmog

My question to you is , when is the last time an elephant was reported in the wild in the US ?

These are wild Elephants from Africa. Obama put a ban on the import of Elephant body parts for trophies. Now with the ban lifted there will be more Elephants hunted and killed.

Too bad the Us isn't the only market for that stuff.

Obama didn't end anything.

Unfortunately, the US isn't the market. You are correct, Neo.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Lot of feelings and emotions here from a baited piece posted by an OP who didn't do enough research and the simpletons who follow blindly and scream, "I hate Trump".

Its amusing to watch.

Yes, people hunt. People like trophys. This is a dynamic issue. You leftist want us out of world affairs yet want to dictate a species half way across the world? Then you crap on those who like to hunt, professing they're primitive Neanderthals for doing so, literally ignoring the totallity of Human existence and how we got here.

Belittling me or my thread doesn't change anything. It's not part of a productive conversation.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well as days go by we see and will continue to see what the real positions are on the subject.

By following the actions we can then judge the excuses givin on both sides.

So far nothing has happened that i have seen other than more dead wildlife and a bag full of excuses.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Unbelievable. Elephants, dolphins, whales and great apes, are amongst the most intelligent people on earth. Oh, and then man, but we're donkey's so much of the time and inhumane, that not so sure where stand in that list.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join