It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump decides to donate salary...no media coverage.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Mr Trump, our beloved POTUS

Didn't he already announce that he will be doing this last year? Do we have to throw him a party every quarter for the rest of his time in office?
edit on 7-3-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: DBCowboy

Man, Is that the follow up to "Why Lincoln voted For Trump?"

Yep, and my next book, "50 Shades Of Gravy" details the whole covfefe episode leading up to Trump dealings with our AI Overlords (long may they reign) and his motivation for giving up his salary.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh good. More left bashing. We were seriously lacking lately. Congrats Op, on your originality.

Blah.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Oh good. More left bashing. We were seriously lacking lately. Congrats Op, on your originality.

Blah.

The OP fails to mention that the president's salary is right around $500,000, which equals 5 memberships at Mara Lago which Trump raised rates for from $100,000 to $200,000 right after he won, and goes down there on tax payer dollars 2 or 3 times a month to hobnob with people who paid the extra just so they could lobby something to the pres directly. Foreign citizens have already joined in droves.

We aren't even mentioning the business conflicts that arise out of continuing to own the Trump hotel in DC that nations and companies use to get on his good side, nor mentioning the rent and rates Trump charged the government to use Trump tower and feed secret service agents, nor is the OP mentioning that Trump is the only president who immediately filed to be running as a candidate again so that the money that comes in for his "campaign" (IOW soft pac money) is then used to pay all his expenses.

Jeez, nor did the OP mention that there are yuge questions as to where all the innauguration money went, including $24 million to his wife's friends business that was all of 2 months old at the time.

Or the tax cut he begged for which will make him hundreds of millions ....

Trump is making a f'ing fortune off being president, but he'll get the lemmings here believing he is a very noble and generous person. If he REALLY cared about donating money and being president first, he woud have gotten out of all his businesses so he didnt profit off his policies. Alas, that didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek

originally posted by: 3daysgone
The Previous Presidents run up the national deficit to 20 trillion, but now is the time to complain about how much money the President spends. lol. Maybe it would quieten the left down if Trump would give Iran another 300 billion dollars. I mean talk about idiocracy.

Another factual error - the 300 billion was Iran's frozen assets, it was never ours.

If it wasn't ours we could never have froze it. If the money was U.S. currency then that would prove that it was ours also.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Didn't he already announce that he will be doing this last year?

According to the left no he didn't, because he doesn't keep his promises. I wonder which one it is?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog
Trump is making a f'ing fortune off being president, but he'll get the lemmings here believing he is a very noble and generous person. If he REALLY cared about donating money and being president first, he woud have gotten out of all his businesses so he didnt profit off his policies. Alas, that didn't happen.

i came here to say something similar but you've put it much better than i would have. donating his salary is just a cheap publicity stunt. to anyone who spends five minutes doing some math instead of licking trump's balls, it's obvious.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Scrubdog

i came here to say something similar but you've put it much better than i would have. donating his salary is just a cheap publicity stunt. to anyone who spends five minutes doing some math instead of licking trump's balls, it's obvious.

that's very nice of you to say.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I want proof not articles that just quote him with no proof.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The Previous Presidents run up the national deficit to 20 trillion, but now is the time to complain about how much money the President spends. lol. Maybe it would quieten the left down if Trump would give Iran another 300 billion dollars. I mean talk about idiocracy.

Another factual error - the 300 billion was Iran's frozen assets, it was never ours.

If it wasn't ours we could never have froze it. If the money was U.S. currency then that would prove that it was ours also.

Do you actually believe what you've written?

You're just wrong, but I get it, that's not stopped much of the anti-Obama and "always Trump" movement.

The U.S. government can seize foreign assets held in the United States. To claim it as now property of the U.S. government takes a court proceeding and a judicial order. You will see cases written such as "Sessions v. $852,000 Currency" - and it is open to anyone who has a claim to it, including foreign governments.

It was not U.S. property.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh that is 100 percent incorrect.

Iranian frozen assets in international accounts are calculated to be worth between $100 billion[1][2] and $120 billion.[3][4] Almost $1.973 billion of Iran's assets are frozen in the United States.[5]

The US gov't freezes and seizes anything it wants. Hello, McFly?!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Didn't he already announce that he will be doing this last year?

According to the left no he didn't, because he doesn't keep his promises. I wonder which one it is?

Huh? According to the Left no he didn't? What does that even mean? I guarantee you every media outlet you deem is Left covered that story. As I've said in another post, do we have to throw him a party every quarter? Or are people like OP upset everyone isn't participating in the party kissing Trump's butt?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Crap, It was frozen because it was there.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Speedtek

You sure about that? Do you know what he Iran-US Claims Tribunal is? or how about that delivery of purchased aircraft that never made it?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
All commendable actions by a President the continues to show his love for his Country. It would never sneak into a need media has over 90% negative coverage. Just think if it was only 75% negative.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You liked that didn't ya?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Please tell me how this is 'left bashing'. The last president to do it was a Democrat....

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

People like you make me laugh. I want...I want...I want....whaaaaaa....gimme gimme gimme....I bet your an atheist to because you 'cannot see god' right?

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002018-03-07T21:26:35-06:000935 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Because they are insolent children in the media and on the left...Saint Obama left a rich man renting from Bezos, yet Trump is somehow the bad guy,

He has a sugar daddy too.

lol obama.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You know, it is not about ass kissing. It is about having someone in office who would actually do something like that. Why can we as a country get passed the bs and just say wow that is cool what he did?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join