It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Who Accuse Trump of Racism are the Racists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The only difference between SJWs and white supremacists is what they think they should do with their power.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: introvert

I couldn’t claim to know if trump is racist.

He has race baited constamtly for damn sure, but I just find it hard to believe many people really still believe in inferior races.. atleast not deep down.
see. From my point of view everything in this statement of yours could only be from projection. Even your claims of doubt only mask your reasons to post the thoughts. It is a vicious cycle without using deep introspection. It is almost like recognizing and not posting would be proof of introspection at times, and posting it without introspection is proof you capitulated and gave up and let the flesh rule your judgements upon others flesh.
See the key is when you are in the act of judging others flesh. Did you go into your own inner battle? Or cop out and judge another like you did here, and i am doing now?
Judging others is a game played on an inner field of play. When you choose to play in the public sphere your game becomes exposed to others through projection.

It is the judging others using discernment you should seek as that brings wisdom not folly

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Imho the declaimer at the end is what really make racism the most likely conclusion..

He literally adds “why can’t we have more immigration from norway..” which is literally the whitest place on earth. Lol..,

Sure, there is like a 15% chance he meant it in some other way, but it is absolutely understandable why people would interpret it as racist statement..

But would it be legit racism, or pandering to the racists in his base??

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

People like Trump are firmly attached to reality as they see it, they say what they think and race does not enter their mind unless it's a discussion about race.

Some Other people, they voluntarily place a race filter in front of the reality they perceive. They don't just say what they are thinking, they stop and think "ok now how is this going to sound to others? Will I look like a racist? A sexist? A this or a that?"

Trump is more honest. Trump just figures: "well i know in My heart & mind I'm no racist, so to Hell with anyone who tries to say otherwise."

He truly embraces the theory of "haters gonna hate". He knows that no matter what he does, even if he actually did try to "behave", they would still find something to tear him to peices anyways, cause that's what haters do. They hate.

So, why go to the trouble when you can just be yourself and be comfortable and still get roughly the same treatment from your haters anyway, except you're a much happier person living with no regrets.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: bulwarkz

BWAHAHAHA

The ridiculousness of quoting the Bible as some proof of something is a topic for another thread lol.

I quoted the bible specific for you because you started a thread where you claimed to be some expert on the bible. I quoted bible knowledge just for you Yeshoa i actually thought you might express your biblical knowledge in return as you had a chance to begin that climb out of toddler battles into the adult versions of these inner battles. Do you want to use aid and Ego instead to suit your secular desires to only see it as a secular discussion? It still comes down to it all being your outward expression of your inner battles that we tend to post about, WHEN we choose to judge another persons flesh

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Imho the declaimer at the end is what really make racism the most likely conclusion..

He literally adds “why can’t we have more immigration from norway..” which is literally the whitest place on earth. Lol..,

Sure, there is like a 15% chance he meant it in some other way, but it is absolutely understandable why people would interpret it as racist statement..

But would it be legit racism, or pandering to the racists in his base??

Norway is the whitest place on Earth? At least try to refute my point instead of demonstrating it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yeah thats all fine, but if you read my other posts you will note that I am not claiming that its racist to say that any particular country is a sh!t hole, thats not why I think he is racist.

So I guess in a way I do kind of agree with you that its pretty stupid to call someone racist for saying they dislike a particular country or place. There are lots of cities I hate and I am pretty sure I would hate to be living in Yemen right now, that does not make me racist its just a sad truth that they are not very nice places to be right now.

It is true to claim that in many parts of the world it is racial discrimination covers not just biological characteristics but also nationality and ethnicity.

Fair enough.

As to the point about the judge, whose parents may or may not have been illegal immigrants and who was a member of La Raza (literally “the race”), it was a fully legitimate concern on Trump’s part. He did not state as you did that because of his ethnicity he can’t do his job, but that it was likely a conflict of interest.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Racism is about more than just the colour of ones skin, language is fluid and definitions change over time, for me it is just as racist to say "I hate all dutch people" (its the shoes) as it would be to say "I hate black people" because socially and legally that is how racism is generally understood

I don't think you understand racism in the slightest from this comment. I'm an equal opportunity hater. You piss me off I don't care about your gender, nationality or skin color. I will treat you the way you deserve. Yet in your little world if the person has a different skin color I'm automatically racist?
*facepalm*

Racism is the discrimination or oppression of others based on immutable traits. Period. Stop muddying the water with your BS...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

How interesting that your rebuttal of my assessment of racism conjures up so much hate rather than a more eloquent and articulate response.

I'm an equal opportunity hater.

So what does that mean, you hate the idea of all individuals have equal opportunities regardless of what?

You piss me off

Why?

in your little world if the person has a different skin color I'm automatically racist?

Nope thats not what I said.....

Stop muddying the water with your BS...

Its not muddying the water, its just simply that you do not like the fact that modern definitions of racism make you uncomfortable.

I am sorry but none of what you have said is actually a rebuttal of my first comment on this thread. Do you honestly think that you have made some kind of valid point with this post, do you actually think its a "smart" post?.

You are better than this.
edit on 8-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Its not muddying the water, its just simply that you do not like the fact that modern definitions of racism make you uncomfortable.

I don't think you like the fact that "modern definitions of racism" are absurd, based on the simple fact that a nation is not a race, nor an ethnic group, and are more often than not multi-racial and multi-ethnic.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I don't think you like the fact that "modern definitions of racism" are absurd, based on the simple fact that a nation is not a race, nor an ethnic group, and are more often than not multi-racial and multi-ethnic.

Well to you they are absurd

And thats fine i never said you had to like it only that, thats how it is now defined by a large part of the world.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

And thats fine i never said you had to like it only that, thats how it is now defined by a large part of the world.

Except in biology, genetics, and every other science known to man.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Dude like I said, you don't have to accept it or like it but the fact remains, the UN says that race includes nationality so when Trump mage a derogatory comment towards a group of people based on their nationality it could be argued by many its racist.

Sure biological race in the sense of skin pigmentation is still a factor but there is no real denying that as I pointed out in my first comment that race is much more than just biology, its about nationality, ethnicity and yes biological race. I don't really want to repeat myself as I have posted my argument for that in said post. What I will say is that race today is seen as much more of a social construct than it is a biological one, if you just google "race as a social construct" you will find lots of information on this.

If you wish to disagree with me then feel free to do so.
edit on 8-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

a reply to: bulwarkz

BWAHAHAHA

The ridiculousness of quoting the Bible as some proof of something is a topic for another thread lol.

And yet you watch CNN and get told what to think just the same level of crazy and making up belief systems as they do.

Libs lefty has easily overtaken any other fundamentalist group...a total lack of open mind...just controlled through and through

Worse even cause they claim they are free cause "teh bible".
the bible thumpers make them think they should challenge their stupidity by matching and surpassing it with there own.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

And so like les stated...those making the accusations are racists themselves...making definitions according to their whims and trashing nationalism.

You are sure a highly compartmentalized and confused bunch...it REALLY IS the new religion...

Ugh.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

He/she is just ignorant.

Let me handle it.

SHUT UP!!!

lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Dude like I said, you don't have to accept it or like it but the fact remains, the UN says that race includes nationality so when Trump mage a derogatory comment towards a group of people based on their nationality it could be argued by many its racist.

Sure biological race in the sense of skin pigmentation is still a factor but there is no real denying that as I pointed out in my first comment that race is much more than just biology, its about nationality, ethnicity and yes biological race. I don't really want to repeat myself as I have posted my argument for that in said post. What I will say is that race today is seen as much more of a social construct than it is a biological one, if you just google "race as a social construct" you will find lots of information on this.

If you wish to disagree with me then feel free to do so.

So you are some kind of UN shill?

How'd Rwanda go for ya?

Canadian general was in charge, right?

How many died? 800K?

Wow.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

You are sure a highly compartmentalized and confused bunch...it REALLY IS the new religion...

Ugh.

What does that mean ,which bunch are you labeling him to, and what new religion?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

those making the accusations are racists themselves

How am I racist?

Seriously it does just sound like the "I know you are but what am I" argument, which I find pretty difficult to take seriously when you cannot demonstrate how calling Trump racist automatically makes the accuser a racist. I have really tried to explain in this thread why I think he has at times made racist remarks, I think that fundamentally the issue is simply that many don't want to acknowledge that race is not just black and white. Which brings me on to this....

making definitions according to their whims and trashing nationalism.

Nope, these are not just random definitions that have been made up to conveniently trash Trumpism, the aforementioned UN definition has been around since the 1960's for example. Race is widely seen as a cultural construct as opposed to a biological one now for decades. If you have not moved with the times and don't like or understand these modern perspectives on race then that is your problem. It does not make you correct in your position because you simply refuse to acknowledge what race and racism actually is.

In fact when you look at it like that then to some extent the "I know you are but what am I" argument could be turned on its head. It is you, the right, who are making up the definitions, you just want to pretend that the definition of race has not changed since its biological understanding of the early 20th century.

I dont even know what this means and I don't think you know either so we can just ignore this for now and focus on the topic at hand...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

When you post something on topic that is worth me responding to please let me know, otherwise do not expect me to respond.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join