It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Who Accuse Trump of Racism are the Racists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Racism is about more than just the colour of ones skin, language is fluid and definitions change over time, for me it is just as racist to say.....

No. Racism definitely has a definition.

..see what I did there?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Can't wait to hear how people argue these places are NOT #holes.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Welcome to trumpistahn, where white is black and black is white and no means yes.

Watch out, someone might grab you by your pussy.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Can't wait to hear how people argue these places are NOT #holes.

I don't think its racist to say that any state is a carp-hole, thats just a opinion on what that place is like overall.

For example, Dundee is the skid-mark of Scotland, thats not really racist, I just don't like that city.

I am sure its fair to say that Afghanistan is a bit of a Sh!t hole as well, that in itself is not racist but to say afghans are all (whatever derogatory comment you like)... then yeah thats racist.

Just like it was racist of Trump to say a Mexican judge could not do his job just because of his Mexican heritage, that to me is racist.

I think thats one of the issues I have with this thread, the OP is misunderstanding why I (and I am sure others) believe Trump is racist.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What a hypocrite...

You get mad at people for falsely accusing trump of racism.. so you falsely accuse people of racism..

Lol.. that’s conservative logic for you...

Toddler logic.. LITERALLY “I know you are but what am I”...

There is a reason almost all the intellectuals are liberals..

If you're such an intellectual, why not refute the OP instead of bashing it. It shouldn't be much of a challenge for one of your intellectual caliber, surely.

Yeah 1 problem wit dat,

We don't have the time to wait for it.

Besides he's 4 grains short of a load.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So to me what he said was quite sensible.

It is kind of hypocritical to write a thread alleging that people are falsely accusing Trump of being racist by then falsely accusing those people of being racist themselves.

And it really does just come off as that usual childish argument you have with a child shouting "I know you are but what am I".

So how about rather than posting little personal jibes like the one above you actually take what he has to say and address it sensibly and respectfully.

Its not difficult.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So to me what he said was quite sensible.

It is kind of hypocritical to write a thread alleging that people are falsely accusing Trump of being racist by then falsely accusing those people of being racist themselves.

And it really does just come off as that usual childish argument you have with a child shouting "I know you are but what am I".

So how about rather than posting little personal jibes like the one above you actually take what he has to say and address it sensibly and respectfully.

Its not difficult.

I'm sure but he's still short.

All Intellectuals are liberal? Really? No problem?

From what I know, IQ has never stopped a bullet.

I'm smart! Don't shoot! lol

But really, stop with the better than you BS.

The condescension is agonizing.

edit on 3 8 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Good luck expecting a logical retort from people who’s political affiliations is just chalk full of toddler logic..

The hilarious part is that there are plenty of criticism that would absolutely fairly be applied to someone handing out racism accusations like candy..

Hypothetically, assuming the accusation is legit false, if they call the accuser an idiot, political shill, propagandists, wrong, ignorant, exc, exc, exc...

They would have the moral high ground.

But instead they cede that moral high ground by DOING LITERALLY THE SAME THING THEY ARE CLAIMING TO BE UPSET ABOUT!!!

Lmao...

How ignorant do you have to be to think “I know you are but what am I” is an adult counterpoint..

Lol..

And even after having the hypocracy of it all thrown in their face.

I guess that’s why they are conservatives... they refuse to change no matter how ridiculous their philosophy is.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I didn’t say all..

I’m not suprised you tried to twist my words.. that is gop bread and butter right???

I say “most” and then you say “all” because all is easily debunked.. you only need one example to debunk “all”..

Which is why I didn’t say all..

I said “the vast majority “ which is absolutely true..

98% of scientists alone will never be republicans based on the gop position on climate change, alone.

Almost all the teachers, scientists, mathematicians, scholars, college professors, exc, exc, exc.. are all dominated by liberals..

Because conservatism is a propaganda filled joke anyone with a debate class under their belt would easily recognize..

edit on 8-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Well written, thank you

Though I disagree with the Op and the thread title in particular, I do think you've made some valid points.

Do I think he makes racist comments? Yes.
Do I think he is racist? That's where I get tricky about it.

My father spoke much the same way as Trump. However, he had respect for people of color and had many friends of different races. Knowing both sides of the man, I came up with a theory that I think suits Trump as well.

"active racist" - I don't think he's doing it necessarily knowingly. Let's keep in mind he's 70 years old. That means he was born in the 40's and was a grown man by time the civil rights movement and desegregation. I think it's possible that someone from that era can be instilled with racism behavior from surrounding society and as they age, they just don't realize they are being racist with some of they comments or actions. I hate to blame it on "it's how he was raised", but I believe that may be an option on the table. He learned to speak and act a certain way that was ingrained in him. He may have learned as he aged that racism is wrong, but there's lingering subconscious behavior.

Keep in mind that this is just a personal theory I've come up with and have no proof whatsoever. But I don't believe he's being "actively racist". Although, with some of his behavior or statements, I can see how racists would feel drawn to him and that doesn't help the image at all. For instance, I don't think he supported the groups in Charlottesville. I think he was trying to be a little balanced and in his vernacular it came across incorrectly and was latched onto by people on both sides of the debate.

So, no, I don't think he's "racist" but I do think he has some "racist" traits. I can forgive him for some of the slips he's made. Some, I have a little more trouble with, but until he actively calls for a race war or just starts using phrases that compare races to each other, I don't think most of what he says is a big issue.

Let's be honest, he's got enough on his plate. To throw racism in, kinda feels like we're kicking a man that's down.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

In this Convention, the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

You should have bolded the entire definition, because Trump’s statement does not have “the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. ”

Even if you search around the globe, through every multi-culti definition of racism, it won’t apply. But sorry, holding lower standards to countries because the people who live there happen to have darker skins is racist.

You don’t like that? Tough.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

How ignorant do you have to be to think “I know you are but what am I” is an adult counterpoint..

About as ignorant as you thinking it is an I know you are but what am I argument.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yeah, absolutely true.

I just ignore their nonsense any more. Unless it gets physical (which I can easily handle), I couldn't care less what the braindead folks who scream "racist!" as every other word have to say.

Also, using terms such as "equity" "redistribution" or "reparations" also causes me to immediately tune that person out.

I have no interest in hearing whiney ### people complain about incidents from 200 years ago. If 2 centuries isn't enough time to straighten out your own life, then I don't know what to tell you.

Regardless, it has zero to do with me. I didn't own slaves. I didn't steal any land. Therefore I couldn't care less.

I'm more worried about saving this country from impending failure than whether or not 10% of the population feels falsely "wronged" by folks currently alive today.

Then again, people will say and do anything if they think they get something for nothing out of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

What a hypocrite...

You get mad at people for falsely accusing trump of racism.. so you falsely accuse people of racism..

Lol.. that’s conservative logic for you...

There is a reason almost all the intellectuals are liberals..
there is a reason intellectuals are not intellectuals anymore up is down

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

That is exactly what I was thinking after reading the OP. Reminds me of this guy:

But I find the entire issue quite humorous. I don't think Trump is racist and many people have claimed he is, but the reaction from his apologists is funny as hell.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

That's the thing tho, he was born and raised in perhaps the most cosmopolitan city in the world, he rubbed shoulders with all kinds of ppl some of them rich and well connected blacks, so what gives??? his racism may not be born out of absolute hate, but he does use it to great effect, which is worst IMO, because he knows better..racism for him is a means to an end, a so called good ol boy may actually believed the sht he's been told all his life, but with a lil conversation may change direction even if he kept some of his conservative ideology.
edit on 8-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Good luck expecting a logical retort from people who’s political affiliations is just chalk full of toddler logic..

The hilarious part is that there are plenty of criticism that would absolutely fairly be applied to someone handing out racism accusations like candy..

Hypothetically, assuming the accusation is legit false, if they call the accuser an idiot, political shill, propagandists, wrong, ignorant, exc, exc, exc...

They would have the moral high ground.

But instead they cede that moral high ground by DOING LITERALLY THE SAME THING THEY ARE CLAIMING TO BE UPSET ABOUT!!!

Lmao...

Lol..

And even after having the hypocracy of it all thrown in their face.

I guess that’s why they are conservatives... they refuse to change no matter how ridiculous their philosophy is.

I like how you take this adult topic and reduce it to remedial t
reading and toddler logic.

In the Bible you can learn the adult version. We learn that man learns to judge others not based on what they know about the other, but how we know ourselves. Our own flesh has lusts and desires and we fight within ourselves through inner dialogue and physical and emotional urges and dramas. So when it comes to others we all tend to judge others by how well we know our flesh, not theirs because we do not know of that inner battle they have.

You know, the Id and the Ego. That constant battle within us all between good and evil.

For as Paul teaches us how we can study ourselves in the mirror for hours and hours, examining every detail. And then we go out into the world and after 20 minutes of engagement in the world, we forget who we are.

Yeah. To a toddler you are correct. Toddler logic. To an adult, it is the focal point of the entire battle that is within yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I couldn’t claim to know if trump is racist.

He has race baited constamtly for damn sure, but I just find it hard to believe many people really still believe in inferior races.. atleast not deep down.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yeah thats all fine, but if you read my other posts you will note that I am not claiming that its racist to say that any particular country is a sh!t hole, thats not why I think he is racist.

So I guess in a way I do kind of agree with you that its pretty stupid to call someone racist for saying they dislike a particular country or place. There are lots of cities I hate and I am pretty sure I would hate to be living in Yemen right now, that does not make me racist its just a sad truth that they are not very nice places to be right now.

It is true to claim that in many parts of the world it is racial discrimination covers not just biological characteristics but also nationality and ethnicity.
edit on 8-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

BWAHAHAHA

The ridiculousness of quoting the Bible as some proof of something is a topic for another thread lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join