It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Ratings Continue To Tank - Check Out These BRUTAL Numbers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Once again, airports, hotels, even most households are not figured in when determining number of viewers. Ratings come from the viewing habits of Nielsen households. Each of these families represents a certain percentage of the population.

Ratings are determined by the diaries they keep of their viewing habits as well as boxes attached to their TVs that report what they're watching and for how long. That is where these numbers come from.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: xuenchen

www.adweek.com...

Feb. 2018 Ratings: CNN Has Second-Best February In 10 Years
www.adweek.com...

And this cracked me up:

Compared to Feb. 2017, CNN was down -18 percent in prime time viewers, and down -16 percent in the prime time demo

Last Feb. everyone was staring at the news thinking OMG did this just happen? Is he really the President?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

Likely those numbers are the TV's playing at airports and nursing homes. Trust me, no one is watching them and their ad revenue reflects their poor numbers. Jeff Bezos will probably buy them and fold it into the Amazon Prime membership for free. Nick at Night pulls better numbers than CNN.

CNN Ratings Collapse: CNN Now Losing To Nick-At-Nite Re-runs In Prime Time Ratings War

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Hardly. CNN bought that article to promote themselves. I know how promotion works and the articles in Adweek are puff PR pieces paid for by companies.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Once again, airports, hotels, even most households are not figured in when determining number of viewers. Ratings come from the viewing habits of Nielsen households. Each of these families represents a certain percentage of the population.

Ratings are determined by the diaries they keep of their viewing habits as well as boxes attached to their TVs that report what they're watching and for how long. That is where these numbers come from.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
You guys do realize why Fox has better ratings when it comes to the stations right?

It is basically the only right wing station, so therefore all the right wing people flock to their station which creates good viewership numbers, while stations considered "left" have many more options so therefore they split their viewership numbers up.

If all those stations combined into one, like Fox, their numbers would most likely kill Fox in ratings. LOL
This is an important qualification, exactly. There are multiple mainstream liberal outlets, and only one major conservative one, Fox. That skews viewership analyses.
edit on 9-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The election was a real wakeup call for the Deep State.

Not nearly as many people were asleep as they thought.

It's hardly surprising that the news is tanking, as folks realize it for the manipulation tool it is.

Worse, they didn't even TRY to hide it....they basically even tried to rub out noses in it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You'd think the suits at CNN would wake up to the fact the country doesn't agree with all their hate and are tuning out in droves. Serves them right to go bankrupt if they choose to be so boneheaded and fake newsy.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
You'd think the suits at CNN would wake up to the fact the country doesn't agree with all their hate and are tuning out in droves. Serves them right to go bankrupt if they choose to be so boneheaded and fake newsy.

That goes with Fox and their ilk as well.

Millenials aren't watching the news CNN or FOX. Cable cutters aren't watching the news. It's only the old generation sitting their getting brainwashed by all the hate on MSNBC and FOX and TALK RADIO.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

These numbers speak for themselves. CNN can't even keep up with Nick at Night reruns. LOL!

CNN Ratings Collapse: CNN Now Losing To Nick-At-Nite Re-runs In Prime Time Ratings War

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Millenials aren't watching the news CNN or FOX. Cable cutters aren't watching the news. It's only the old generation sitting their getting brainwashed by all the hate on MSNBC and FOX and TALK RADIO.

You left out the racist sexist treasonous anti-President vitriolic hate on CNN too.
edit on 9-3-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

You left out the racist sexist treasonous anti-President vitriolic hate on CNN too.

You had that covered. I'm just saying. All news is bad propaganda whether it's fox, talk radio, msnbc, cnn, The Today show Whatever. I don't watch any of it.

I only replied to you because it appeared that you were only seeing one side...that only the left leaning news is troubling when it's the right side is just as bad.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

To be fair, your article is from July last year. Last week's numbers have CNN coming in at #14 in primetime. Nick-At-Nite was #20. Still not great for CNN but it's not as bad as your article makes it out to be. If we look at viewers for the whole day and not just primetime CNN jumps to #6.

I think the real story here is how many people are watching HGTV and ID. Don't get me wrong. I love me some Joe Kenda. But I didn't realize those were in the running for top 5 cable networks.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We have a very large TV in the cafeteria at work. A while back someone put a note on it to not tune it to FOX News only CNN so not offend anyone. Well that didn't work well so they set it and took the remote. Then someone hacked a remote and it's only FOX. So it got unplugged and plugged back in wires unhooked and finally they caught the woman on video and shamed her so bad because she was laughing as she cut the wires.

She's gone destruction of company property. We figure she'll sue but at least it was entertaining for a while.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I cut the cable cord years back. Years before I stopped watching cable news too. You are right, it was always the bad news on TV and no real reflection of life, so I quit watching.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

You guys should have started a gofundme for her. She was the only one with the balls to try to keep Fox as an option. Where do you work...Goggle?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

From your avatar I'd peg you as a "What Not to Wear" viewer.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Then you'd be wrong.

The Invisibles

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

To be fair, CNN ratings still suck. That's for a reason. People know they shade the truth. Trust me Jeff Bezos will be buying them up cheap and slapping them into his Amazon Prime offering. They are on the ropes. Their ad revenue is lower than Alex Jones. Maybe CNN could use some of that Male Vitality Jones sells! LOL!!

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join