It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Ratings Continue To Tank - Check Out These BRUTAL Numbers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I have a good question... how many of those "1 million viewers" are "captive viewers" in hotels, airports and hospitals with no alternative for news?

Ah you beat me to it Spartan. I didn't read through the thread (don't care about anything CNN).

Just added my thoughts as I've been out of town in a hotel and every morning at 6pm in in the breakfast area and CNN is on 3 tv sets in the lobby and eating place!

Good thing I'm heading home tomorrow...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Good stuff, hope they continue to hemorrhage money until they find the journalistic integrity their industry is founded on.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Legitimate and unbiased news should be a guarantee in any society.

Even if it doesn't exist, the bed for it to grow in should exist. There should be at least TWO go to news agencies at all times.

Given the importance the news has in these days of fast informational exchange a reputable news source should be the minimum.

It should be demanded by society.

And for all those people who say "Market freedom, the best wins, people buy what they want" I say this:

F*** You. Most will buy what titillates them, but they need the truth.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You guys do realize why Fox has better ratings when it comes to the stations right?

It is basically the only right wing station, so therefore all the right wing people flock to their station which creates good viewership numbers, while stations considered "left" have many more options so therefore they split their viewership numbers up.

If all those stations combined into one, like Fox, their numbers would most likely kill Fox in ratings. LOL
edit on 8-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
You guys do realize why Fox has better ratings when it comes to the stations right?

It is basically the only right wing station, so therefore all the right wing people flock to their station which creates good viewership numbers, while stations considered "left" have other many more options so therefore they split their viewership numbers up.

If all those stations combined into one, like Fox, their numbers would most likely kill Fox in ratings. LOL

Left is better than right.

Gotcha.

Also, as a heads up, whenever someone starts a sentence with " You Do Realise..." they come across as a complete dickhead.

Besitos.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Well it's true. Combine all those stations numbers you consider left and you will get the real ratings of left vs right stations.

I am a dickhead amongst many things. LOL Still doesn't make me wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

CNN has painted itself into a corner and there is nowhere LEFT to go. LOL!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
CNN the most ignored name in television.

So much so, we get reminded about them on ATS on an almost daily basis...

No one actually cares, apart from the usual over compensating mob.

edit on 8/3/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well it's true. Combine all those stations numbers you consider left and you will get the real ratings of left vs right stations.

I am a dickhead amongst many things. LOL Still doesn't make me wrong.

Enjoy your Pyhrric victory then I guess..

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: neo96
CNN the most ignored name in television.

No one actually cares, apart from the usual over compensating mob.

Whats that phrase they always love to throw around?

Oh yeah, that's right... TRIGGERED!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Well it's true. Combine all those stations numbers you consider left and you will get the real ratings of left vs right

You do realize that for your scenario to work, viewers would have to watch only one station exclusively to get a comparable viewership. You couldn't bounce between channels, that would be like voting twice - oh wait...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Viewers would have to watch only one station exclusively

You are right and perfectly explains how Fox gets their great ratings. It is the only station considered right wing and therefore all the right wing people flock to this ONE station for their daily right wing news.

Sure there are other means to get their information but as for television stations, this is the only one they have. The left on the other hand have many more options so they most likely go back and forth from station to station to get their information and as a result there is not ONE "left" station that can beat Fox in ratings.

Yes for MSN, CNN and others to beat Fox in ratings, they would have to combine to one station and "viewers would have to watch only one station exclusively" but that is not happening any time soon. Why should they? I was just saying that when people from the right brag about Fox's ratings they are forgetting the only reason it has great ratings and it is not due to the accuracy or truthfulness of their content but for the reason above.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

My point was that saying you'd get "real ratings" by simply combining the numbers from all the left leaning stations is absurd, and you actually reinforced my point in a roundabout way

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
"CNN Ratings Continue To Tank - Check Out These BRUTAL Numbers"

This doesn't affect me.. so it's not real - and I can't believe people even talk about it.

/s

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

FoxNews has Left-Wing anchors. CNN has NO right-wing anchors.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Break the MSM.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

That whole contrived MSM matrix/paradigm/worldview needs to fall and collapse. It's just brainwashing and propaganda of a bunch of elitist a-holes.

It was never the real world.

People who try to protect it and uphold it are on a fool's errand.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Who the hell cares? Screw ratings because it's BS anyway.

'Americas number one drama' appears on many different channels, it is based on those who tuned in but didn't stick around for the full program, you flick over to FOX news for a second-that counts as a viewer.

I don't care for CNN or FOX-but advertising revenue often governs what is good to go and what is a no go-when I was on radio you couldn't mention anything that refers to political or religious views. The American MSM is a flipping mess, PBS is probably the only national station in the US I trust. Blaming CNN for anti-Trump sentiments, Blaming FOX for anti-Clinton statement-that's not news, that's mindless diatribe.

Journalists should be paid to call it as they see it-forget this 'mine is bigger than yours' mentality.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

Can't even hit an average of 1 million. Thats really bad. I wonder how many of the 979,000 actually watch it for the news.

Are they counting the Airports? Is Fox in those airports? I haven't flown anywhere except mostly having four wheels touching terra ferma for a year or so now.

Our lunchroom plays both on big screens side by side and no sound. Reading CNN is hilarious and FOX is just, blahhh. News is not boring just too much BS from the seditionist in the media and other party. It would be even more laughable if it were NOT true.

Sad we have so many idiots at CNN, and it has totally went off the rails. We need balance in a news agency and we do not have it. Unbiased news is hard to do but we have to balance it or it simply is propagandized drivel.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

If they are counting airports, 1 airport = 1 person. Which comes to a GRAND TOTAL OF!!!!!!!!!
60 People. Haha!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join