It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Cern Suffer a massive explotion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: silo13

Particle accelerators have been in operation for decades.
There are reliable sites online that explain what particle acceleration is and what they are looking for.
Fred Allen Wolf is funny and down to earth and he even made me think I understand quantum physics because he's very good at explaining it.

www.energy.gov...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Hope this helps.
Hey there's some weird and amazing things taking place at that level without the YouTube fear mongering. I think you may find the real subject quite fascinating. Give it a shot.
🍻

THANK YOU!

This is what I was looking for (hoping for).

I have a great desire to learn what this is all about - but - sadly? My brain just can't wrap itself around this.

It's kind'a cool though to know there are so many things 'out there' we can't even begin to 'grasp' the meaning of.

Seriously cool stuff!!!
edit on 2402Thursday201813 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I can recommend Michio Kaku's book "Parallel Worlds : A Journey Through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of the Cosmos. If you aren't used to reading Mathy stuff, then maybe go for the audiobook. He really gives very simple explanations of what is going on in these facilities and what they are looking for. I think it would be easy to comprehend even if you haven't really ventured into the world of physics too far.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vivyinsect

I so do appreciate your input and advice.

As I said, I have no qualms admitting I am ignorant of this seemingly amazing astounding 'truth' they've come up with (or have they)...

But yes, I want to learn.

Thanks tons!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You tried to talk about a conspiracy topic on a conspiracy site.

You shouldn't have to apologize.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As far as the Op and the idea that opening a portal (to somewhere) could cause an explosion...well, I guess I could leave that in the possible but unlikely category for now.

However, anything that uses cryogenic cooling can suffer a catastrophic failure if the cryo fails. Its not what the Op was about but it would make one hell of a noise...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

That's true, but on the other hand? I should have vetted the post in a more 'professional' manner.

THOUGH THAT BEING SAID?

I still want to learn - about this topic - and learn now.

Thanks for your support!

edit on 0230Thursday201813 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
As far as the Op and the idea that opening a portal (to somewhere) could cause an explosion...well, I guess I could leave that in the possible but unlikely category for now.

However, anything that uses cryogenic cooling can suffer a catastrophic failure if the cryo fails. Its not what the Op was about but it would make one hell of a noise...

Never play chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good you are the bird will still sh!t on the board and strut around like it won the game.

I raise Birmingham Roller Pigeons - this quote makes me laugh for real.

But, you're right -

Beyond that? Cryogenics? Now that's something I know about - and I understand your point about the cooling - but, seriously - as little as I know (which is very little) I'm not so sure the 'cooling' process would open up the portal? I mean, doesn't it need that spectacular heat to do so? (Again, remember, I am a total novice and ignorant of what I'm basing my opinion on, it's only that, an ignorant opinion).

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

When you start thinking about how at the smallest level we're just a mass of moving little particles and waves of energy and that there are only perceived barriers between articles of matter in all the universe it opens up the door to all kinds of occurrences including mental telepathy.
Here's a term you might pursue, Spooky action at a distance, it describes how the smallest particles seem to communicate and copy each others actions no matter how far apart they are seperated. Albert Einstein named it spooky.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I wonder why this scientist died on March 4th as the incident happened four days prior?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

are all of your comments typed with the grammar of a 12 year old?

they are trying to learn more about the god particle.

something i wont even try to explain to you.
edit on 10-3-2018 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Exactly.

The issue with people that know everything, or think they do is because they are scared S-less of the unknown. The problem so many have in this reality is their ego's think they know, or can postulate concrete things, but let the truth be known. What we think we know is nothing, because if we truly had knowledge, and wisdom we wouldn't be in the constant chaotic state that we are in.

The more we think we know, and do the less we really know. Even with critical thinking, logic, and pragmatic views our so called successes pose more questions, than answers.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

When you start thinking about how at the smallest level we're just a mass of moving little particles and waves of energy and that there are only perceived barriers between articles of matter in all the universe it opens up the door to all kinds of occurrences including mental telepathy.
Here's a term you might pursue, Spooky action at a distance, it describes how the smallest particles seem to communicate and copy each others actions no matter how far apart they are seperated. Albert Einstein named it spooky.

I believe we've renamed that "Quantum Entanglement". Q E would explain a lot of things we see in science and maybe help us with understanding the 'ethereal' things such as telepathy.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Someone told me they're doing all they can to keep it shut up.

Sure... "someone" told you.

Who might that be?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
a reply to: howtonhawky

are all of your comments typed with the grammar of a 12 year old?

they are trying to learn more about the god particle.

something i wont even try to explain to you.

lol Grammar Nazi you forgot to capitalize every sentence and you lack an apostrophe.

Well i suppose it is fine with me if you take their word for it.

Thanks, I really needed a laugh.

BTW Did they ever find out who they murdered a couple yrs back there?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
BTW Did they ever find out who they murdered a couple yrs back there?

Yes - no one. It was a hoax, a stunt, a ruse.

In fact, it was done to mess with exactly the type of idiots on ATS who believe any load of horsesh*t that comes their way.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Obvious fake. Can anyone explain how a particle accelerator is meant to open portals?

CERN & LHC is just the latest thing to drop into any conspiracy theory to try to make it work - "Scientists at CERN have used the LHC to time travel / open portals / end the world / contact demons etc etc". Remember when HAARP used to be the go-to scary machine?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join