It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger-flipping robot begins first shift

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Is it programmed to pull itself up by its bootstraps though?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Burgers still won't drop in price. ..

watch.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

"I'v had a few burgers in my time, that's pretty good."

www.bbc.com...

ha ha ha..... quite a recommendation, ha ha ha...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Also. If the robot breaks down. Who's gonna flip the burgers?

That's where my invention comes in. The Möbius Grill:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Robots will replace some fast or convenience food, but it will never replace gourmet cooking here's why.

My mom would tell me stories about how her mom made a dish, and it was the most delicious in the world, and now I tell people about my mom's cooking the same way. We could have the same ingredients, same cookware and make things exactly the same but they will taste different. Some say it was the secret ingredient "love" or something like that. I think it is that everyone has a different energy and it reflects in cooking. Somehow older people have more of this "energy" for lack of a better word. No robot will ever be able to add that.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

it's really just chemistry.

I'm sure an A.I. can and will surpass.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Simple..... no more Gourmet............

Except by the rich owners of the machines....

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Burgers still won't drop in price. ..

watch.

Just let me know when the sexbots open for business.

She'd probably still go for some burger-flipping robot loser though

edit on 7-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I hope they didn't train it to pick up a dropped burger!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

It's programmed to dream of something better, and take a few classes at the community college in computer systems repair, but it will accidentally knock up the robotic drink dispenser and will have to take a job at a local body shop and settle into a life of lower-middle class tedium.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
after your done making fun of the potentially tens of thousands of jobs that will be lost remember this...

many of those displaced workers will learn now more valuable skills and a lot of those people will learn your skill and devalue the job you do

but go on... judge and talk crap... you're next

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
after your done making fun of the potentially tens of thousands of jobs that will be lost remember this...

many of those displaced workers will learn now more valuable skills and a lot of those people will learn your skill and devalue the job you do

but go on... judge and talk crap... you're next

Personally, in my case, that is quite doubtful. I would weep for the state of the Internet if that were the case.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Trust me, anyone can do what you do if they put the work into it.

You aren't that special.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That may be the case that its cheaper, but its also institutional will and squeezing every dollar out of its workers that keeps them from paying a decent wage.

Look at the starting wage at In and Out Burger here in the SF Bay Area. That is also fully benefited BTW. In and Out chooses to make slightly less profit and pay its people decently. Thats for an entry level position too BTW
edit on 3/7/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: underwerks

It's programmed to dream of something better, and take a few classes at the community college in computer systems repair, but it will accidentally knock up the robotic drink dispenser and will have to take a job at a local body shop and settle into a life of lower-middle class tedium.

Ummm...cool...just like it's human predecessors...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
That may be the case that its cheaper, but its also institutional will and squeezing every dollar out of its workers that keeps them from paying a decent wage.

Look at the starting wage at In and Out Burger here in the SF Bay Area. That is also fully benefited BTW. In and Out chooses to make slightly less profit and pay its people decently. Thats for an entry level position too BTW

Ummm...that's because of that steep...steep drivethru...you can't expect them to climb that angle everyday for ten or twelve bucks an hour...

Sheesh...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

What tripe..

THE BURGER FLIPPING ROBOTS ARE CHEAPER THAN MINIMUM WAGE...

It is irrelevant they wanted 15$ an hour, when the robot is already cheaper than 7.25$...

Not counting that the robot doesn’t get sick..

“Those damn peasants demanding to make enough for 1 person to survive off of for a 40 hour weeks work”..

Is such obvious garbage..

A buisness is always gonna do what’s cheaper and human labor is no longer cheap.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Trust me, anyone can do what you do if they put the work into it.

You aren't that special.

Sure if you put 5-10 years into it....until then, kid, you'll be working for me.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

many of those displaced workers will learn now more valuable skills and a lot of those people will learn your skill and devalue the job you do but go on... judge and talk crap... you're next

My job could very well be automated, but it won't be because some burger flipper is replacing me. "Retraining" is a pipe dream.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So, who do you bitch at if the burgers aren't done right? I didn't see any ears.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join