It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator of Pepe the Frog is suing Infowars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Please dear God, do something to stop this madness.

Pepe is headed to court. Rather, his creator, Matt Furie, is. Furie, who debuted Pepe the Frog in 2005 in his comic "Boy's Club," has filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against the far-right-wing site Infowars for using Pepe without permission in a poster for sale on the site.

I know this is tinfoil hat speculation but the question remains....Is Pepe gay? After all AJ warned us....!!! This convoluted conspiracy is enough to make one go mad, but AJ is somehow, showing the Alt right the golden path to MAGA. believe me, MAGA!

"I had never heard of the alt-right or the white supremacist thing," Furie told the Los Angeles Times in 2016. "I don't know who their leader is, it just seems like a loose network of nihilistic guys posting white power symbols."

Spawn of Satan...you Lie, bigly!!
edit on 7-3-2018 by olaru12 because: CIO brenda!

edit on 7-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Copyright infringement is copyright infringement.......

They should have done their due diligence

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Copy that!

I wonder if all ATS content is copyrighted?

And how much of an item needs to be changed to skirt the copyright laws? I heard 10%....

edit on 7-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Copyright infringement is copyright infringement.......

They should have done their due diligence

AJ plays fast and loose with copyright laws all the time and claims freedom of speech.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I think if Pepe is trademarked like Mickey Mouse is; then "don't mess with the Mouse".

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I thought Matt killed and buried Pepe last year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He sure is milking this for all its worth.

Good luck to him, I guess.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Alex may have stepped in yuggge nasty pile of covfefe. The conspiracy game can get ugly at times.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh dear god is right.....

I'm still pretty confident that, as with most things during the election, the Pepe meme was accused of being racist by the liberal media to try and stew some hatred and stupidity (as they did with nearly everything else).

I hope everyone involved in this case gets gay disease from the chemtrails.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Pepe is an IP created by Matt Furie. This is well established. If anyone is using his likeness to make money then it is a clear copyright infringement.

I don't know how anyone who actually cares about the law can take umbrage with this suit.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, just another case were alt-right has become a joke. It's too bad they can't see it.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They keep using 'Pepe The Frog' and 'far right/alt right' together in the media for a reason.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Because the alt-right co-opted it as a symbol?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
They keep using 'Pepe The Frog' and 'far right/alt right' together in the media for a reason.

I can understand how using a cartoon figure triggers all the snowflakes, making them cry. It's a damn clever strategy!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Seems like alex has been targeted.

Much legal problems now.

frogs and sexual harassment

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Well, just another case were alt-right has become a joke. It's too bad they can't see it.

Pretty sure everyone wearing a pepe image knows that its a joke based on the ridiculous assertion that he represents White Power in some way.

You got trolled and are still falling for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Pretty sure everyone wearing a pepe image knows that its a joke based on the ridiculous assertion that he represents White Power in some way.

What in your opinion does the image of "Pepe" represent?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I can understand how using a cartoon figure triggers all the snowflakes, making them cry. It's a damn clever strategy!

Aren’t you the one being triggered? No one else even posted about this nothingburger or even cares.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Aren’t you the one being triggered? No one else even posted about this nothingburger or even cares.

And yet here you are, not caring....

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Good!

I support ownership of original art creation.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

What in your opinion does the image of "Pepe" represent?

It started with Trump tweeting a pepe with donald hair thats associated with a video called "You Can't Stump the Trump". The next one was an "expendables" movie poster with pepe in response to the HRC "Deplorables" comment.

So far not racist.

Then blurb published on HRC campaign site said Pepe is "a symbol associated with white supremacy" then blasted Trump's campaign for its use of it.

Now its racist. Why? Because people ran with the idea, much like some people run with the idea that if you use something, and someone else misuses it, you are also complicit in its alternate use because Trump.

Most people underestimate the power of Trolling these days...

You can Troll anyone over anything just for the kicks of getting under skin, not actually believing whats being said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join