It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islamic terror strikes Utah High School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476
a reply to: Krakatoa

As much as I hate to admit this....

Charles Whitman

Still, I would rather teachers be given the option to carry so they can protect themselves and others.

I was obviously referring to cases of children being shot in a school. Last I checked, college does not have a whole lot of children in the student body. Considering Whitman was a trained marine sharpshooter, married man, and had a very troubled medical history. Which, form your own source states that before the shooting:

Whitman met with Dr. Maurice Dean Heatly, the staff psychiatrist at the University of Texas Health Center, on March 29, 1966.[54] Whitman referred to his visit with Heatly in his final suicide note, writing, "I talked with a Doctor once for about two hours and tried to convey to him my fears that I felt come [sic] overwhelming violent impulses. After one visit, I never saw the Doctor again, and since then have been fighting my mental turmoil alone, and seemingly to no avail."[43

More failure on the part of "professionals" when clearly told by him that he had violent thoughts and tendencies.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Islamic fundamentalism, or are we going with "Schoolplace violence" instead?

Muslim violence therefore we need Muslim control.

All things being equal.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

There are definitely bad parents out there, but when the discussion turns to more closely monitoring and regulating parental behavior, I hear “mah freedom to raise mah kid any way ah want!” It’s a difficult subject to tackle, no doubt.

Why does it need regulation?

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Putting a boot on someones neck and making demands via regulation is one way. Simple education and using domestic policy to promote healthy messages is another.

Since we've not tried the lesser efforts, I see no reason to try the greater efforts.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well, I’m for social engineering. It’s a kinder, gentler way to get people to do what you want. But... I get negative responses for that too.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well, I’m for social engineering. It’s a kinder, gentler way to get people to do what you want. But... I get negative responses for that too.

Seig Heil.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
explosives are so easy..

I remember when we use to spend hours unrolling blackcats and m-80s and make firecrackers the size of a stick of dynamite.

Its amazing I still have all my fingers.

Then we have that little fuse that everyone was afraid to lite lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

As long as you have generalized data to support your efforts, right?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ah yes, another example of President pop-culture injecting himself into some domestic issue. And after inviting the child and his parents to the White House (no doubt for an apology, on behalf of the "big, ugly, bigoted Americans")

...yet it turns out this kid's parents put him up to it all. They knew full well what they were doing, and exploited the culture of fear Bush/Obama created for their own personal financial gains

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If you think about it, im sure you can understand why.

The thing is: people shouldnt feel compelled to do what you want. I believe that the governments job is to foster the environment that makes people strive for success. The condition of a population speaks volumes about the effectiveness of its leadership.

In business i use the analogy of pushing the string vs pulling the string. You can't push a string...it'll collapse. But if you pull the string (i.e., lead it), it will follow in a very organized way (i.e., in a straight line). Thats all leadership is. And we have none of it.
edit on 3/7/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

My efforts?? What do you mean? I’m just a suburban housewife posting on a discussion forum.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

My efforts?? What do you mean? I’m just a suburban housewife posting on a discussion forum.

Are you a citizen of the United States of voting age? If you are then yes, your efforts as part of the voting populace of this country. Your profession should be irrelevant when it comes to the reasons behind your decisions when voting.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You can't argue against classic leftist thinking that government regulations are the only answer to everything and win against a die-hard liberal.

They can make bad parents good parents if you give them the funding and authority.

Yes they can!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: JBurns
So much for gun control, eh?

I fail to see what that has to do with the topic.

?

In Florida recently 17 kids were killed by a gunman. It sparked off a heated debate where children were given front row to lead a national dialogue (or, at least be led to believe that is what they were doing...it felt more like political exploitation of traumatized children to me).

Nonetheless, the argument against instituting more gun control is that without guns, folks will find other ways to kill people in public places. The OP is making reference to this.

I know you knew this...but figure if you are gonna ask a silly question, ill go ahead and answer it.

Perhaps instead of blanket gun control laws, states that seem to have problems with mass shootings residents can not have guns.

Watch the economies crumble, and the shootings will stop.

Political ideology changes really damn fast once the politicians aren't making money hand over fist.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Might want to change your headline to radical islamic terror ATTEMPTED and failed

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

That’s why social engineering is such genius. No one feels like they are being compelled. I firmly believe that the improvement of general attitudes towards gays, for example, is due to social engineering. Movies, TV, social media and school programs have been responsible for this positive change. Look at attitude polls from 20-30 years ago compared to polls today.

The only thing is that social engineering is a slow process. It takes years - at least one generation - to fully take hold. But it works.

I think America needs some social engineering when it comes to attitudes about guns. Not that guns should go away, but that guns should not be thought of as cool, bad ass, “patriot” necessities, but more as boring tools in a basket with other boring tools (like hammers). No one posts selfies holding their new hammers, bragging about the titanium head and 100% cedar handle. Wonder why?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I was talking about social engineering...you were bringing up something completely different. Hence, my confusion.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I firmly believe that the improvement of general attitudes towards gays, for example, is due to social engineering.

Gun owner the new gay.

Hot damn social engineering!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I am completely on your side.....I just wanted to post that before those on the other side of the spectrum did.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

People who post selfies in general are doing so out of ego, or out of a need for social validation. I see both as silly.

I agree...guns should be seen as tools.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I could not be at more of a loss concerning the amount of people that couldn't comprehend your OP.

That's what we're up against, I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join