It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gowdy, Goodlatte demand appointment of special counsel, citing FISA abuses

page: 1

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:14 AM

“What changed for me was the knowledge that there are two dozen witnesses that Michael Horowitz, the [DOJ] Inspector General, would not have access to,” Gowdy said. “When I counted up 24 witnesses that he would not be able to access were he to investigate it, yeah only one conclusion, that’s special counsel.” That list of witnesses included former FBI director James Comey, Gowdy confirmed.

It looks like the investigation based on the silly nothingburger from the Nunes memo is going to happen. I can't pretend I am unhappy about this. Now I don't know what may happen as a result of this investigation, but the fact that those investigating it aren't likely to be owned by those who are being investigated, may produce some new and interesting results.

Let the chips fall where they may. And just as the investigation with Trump, whomever is guilty, needs to be brought to light.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
a reply to: network dude

I certainly hope this happens. We're well past any reasonable doubt that the Obama Admin used the DOJ and intelligence community to spy on and attack their political opponents. That's the kind of crap that went on in the Soviet Union. It has no place in the United States, and the people that had a hand in it need to be sent off to the US' equivalent of Siberian exile.

(Listening for Russian radio signals in Nome, AK would do nicely.)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:06 AM

The lawmakers wrote, “There is evidence of bias, trending toward animus, among those charged with investigating serious cases.”

Rotten to the core.

JAIL TIME people.

Ban that party from ever participating in our election, and it's members.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:44 AM
a reply to: network dude

This is great stuff.

While I don't want the investigative process to become abused, I do hope that we're entering into an era of investigations, because our government and those who populate it have become diseased beyond what a vote every two-to-four years can fix.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:39 PM
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think the corruption has become commonplace and it needs to be reigned in. I doubt it will all get dealt with, and I sincerely doubt it's all neatly packaged on one side. But if this yields results, it may be enough to sway the tide so everyone doesn't feel immune to the rules.

Plus, special investigations are all the rage these days, so why not be in style!

Who loves ya baby?
edit on 7-3-2018 by network dude because: bad slper

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:53 PM

originally posted by: network dude

Who loves ya baby?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
Right now the IG may be doing a
great job however he has a limited

SC needs to happen asap.

For reasons outlined by Trey Gowdy,
a SC has subpoena power with
a Grand Jury for all of those who
have left the bureau and DOJ.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:51 PM
March 7, 2018

It looks like AG Jeff Sessions may be finally about to show his hand. Today, he admitted that President Trump is one of the strongest most accomplished leaders he's ever known. Next... Special Counsel?

Don't expect to see these glowing comments rebroadcast by the anti-America terrorists, posing as MSM outlets.

new topics

top topics