It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stanford psychologist on the art of avoiding assholes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's been soo long since i've been online. Needed therapy for the people who have lived and give'd. www.vox.com...

What i've learned from being taken by assholes in my life, which nearly killed me all three times in the last 12 years is worth sharing. This is not I repeat NOT focused on Nice Guys (But the rotten guys who are pretending to be kind caring and loving out there who are faking it and taking innocent Women for a ride). You are few and far between. I'm kick boxing now and in the best shape of my life because of dicks. Thank you dicks you brought me back and reminded me that I'm not as insignificant as you've made me feel.

The world is full of assholes. Wherever you live, whatever you do, odds are you’re surrounded by assholes. The question is, what to do about it? Robert Sutton, a psychology professor at Stanford University, has stepped up to answer this eternal question. He’s the author of a new book, The Asshole Survival Guide, which is basically what it sounds like: a guide for surviving the assholes in your life. In 2010, Sutton published The No Asshole Rule, which focused on dealing with assholes at an organizational level. In the new book, he offers a blueprint for managing assholes at the interpersonal level. If you’ve got an asshole boss, an asshole friend, or an asshole colleague, this book might be for you.

When a Woman is alone and made to feel as insignificant as I was made to feel, it's heartbreaking, especially when the Man you trusted, uses, screws and then deletes you like you never existed. Thanks to the last prick, I will never trust Men again.

edit on 7-3-2018 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I love that you are reclaiming your power!!!!

Thanks for sharing this!

-Alee

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Some women are assholes, too.

God, how I know...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I love that you are reclaiming your power!!!!

Thanks for sharing this!

-Alee

Thank you Alee, Women understand this sh*t on a totally different level.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

It's a Mans World. I sympathize with your grief on the only level I can, the Human one.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KarmasBiatch

Sounds like you drank the she-girl man haters club...

Got your new buzzcut? Hairy pits?

YES, all men are COMPLETE AND TOTAL JERKS....ASSHOLES..... HORRIBLE CREATURES.... sterilize them, that'll fix the situation!!!!

wait, then there'll be no more women, either..... oh, the quandary!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Perhaps he'd could be convinced to address how to do that on ATS.....

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Sounds like you drank the she-girl man haters club...

Got your new buzzcut? Hairy pits?

YES, all men are COMPLETE AND TOTAL JERKS....ASSHOLES..... HORRIBLE CREATURES.... sterilize them, that'll fix the situation!!!!

You're the typical asshole Male the Professor was talking about. But it doesn't take my Womanhood or any others to figure out.

wait, then there'll be no more women, either..... oh, the quandary!!!!

you're the Creepy freak type I'm talking about. The only Creeps that respond the way you just did are the ones who are GUILTY AS HELL.

What If I referred to you as a girly boy with long hair, which would be the opposite of what you insulted me with just now?

Whatsamatter? Did you lose your balls? You have to refer to me as though I was an insignificant female in comparison to your Overt Manly Masculinity? Give me a F####N break. Women have had enough of your kind. Let it go.

Now re read what I said about Good Men. Obviously you weren't one of them.

Here Winner, let me quote myself for your benefit.

This is not I repeat NOT focused on Nice Guys (But the rotten guys who are pretending to be kind caring and loving out there who are faking it and taking innocent Women for a ride).

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Oh, sweetheart.....

Please just remove yourself from the equation, in all ways.

My response to you was based off of your "I won't trust those evil men EVAH again" sentiment.

Go date a woman, and come back and tell me your results. And remember to videotape, while you're at it

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
assholes and dicks. Cool thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Oh, sweetheart.....

Please just remove yourself from the equation, in all ways.

My response to you was based off of your "I won't trust those evil men EVAH again" sentiment.

Go date a woman, and come back and tell me your results. And remember to videotape, while you're at it

Why would you care If I don't trust Men, why would that Irate you? Go date a Man, you're a wuss it should come easy.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

This thread is drawing in the male assholes which it's making it easy to pin real men from the pricks based on their ignorant replies

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KarmasBiatch

This thread is drawing in so many male assholes it's making it easy to pin real men from the pricks.

There is only like 8 replies and only one I see that disagrees with you so far? How many male assholes has it drawn in?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh, darling...... just come on up to Denver, and I'll show you precisely what sort of man I am

And now who's irate?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This thread is drawing in the male assholes which it's making it easy to pin real men from the pricks based on their ignorant replies

Waahhh frakkin wahhh..... cry me a river. And the go take a long swim in it, please.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Here's a little advice my dad gave me many many years ago. Don't rely on a man, men die, men leave, men get sick.
If you are able to take care of yourself you will always be ok. Those words are as true today as there were back then.
However this does not mean, do not love or have a relationship, quite the opposite.

By saying you will never trust a man again you are letting the bad guys win.

Ok, don't go off on me here butttttttttt.. I would also really examine your choice of partners, sounds like you are going after the same type and getting the same end result? I knew a man that would always go after married women because deep down he didn't want a commitment. I also had a girlfriend that went out with guys that treated her like dirt, because she didn't think she deserved better, we could all tell these guys were jerks a mile away but she had her blinders on and would not listen to her friends. Listen to your instincts, listens to your friends and family.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

This thread is drawing in so many male assholes it's making it easy to pin real men from the pricks.

There is only like 8 replies and only one I see that disagrees with you so far? How many male assholes has it drawn in?

According to her, it's the WHOLE WORLD that is full of such testosterone laden assholes such as myself (obviously, I embody the distillate of testosterone laden asshole), and ALLLLLLL of them have come into this discussion!!!!

Let's give what'shername (whocareswhat'shername) a freaking cookie.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Waahhh frakkin wahhh..... cry me a river. And the go take a long swim in it, please.

You're whats wrong with the Modern World. Your Significant other must adore you.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah, it looks like your attitude has shaped your feedback.

Emotional, and defensive.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yet, I wubu.

Should I mention that I've also got this "thang" for hirsute chicks such as yourself?

NOTHING sexier than pit hair longer than the buzzcut on your scalp....ooooh....sexy times.....GOOD TIMES....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join