It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More 'multi-cultural enrichment' in Paris...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I have a few of friends that I went to high school with that have spent much of their adult lives living in foreign countries either living or working.

One is a chemist working in the pharmaceutical industry. He's lived in Denmark, Hong Kong and several other countries.

Another one works for the state department in some way, "she never has explained it so I could understand her job" and she's in the middle East often.

The last one works for the state of indiana. Something to do with agriculture. She was in Japan a few months ago working on trade deals for indiana grain.

I have talked to these people about their many experiences over the years and one thing they all relate is that the United States is the most culturally diverse country that have been to.

For all the problems we have that make front page news, overall we are a pretty accepting people.
Some might not want to hear that but well, there it is.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Its been about 25 years since I've been to Paris and I was wondering the same thing. so sad

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Remind me again why Paris isn't a city for French citizens?

How do you know this man is not a French Citizen? He may have Sri Lankan origins, but that doesn't mean he is not French.

United States is for Americans.

A portion of Americans also have Sri Lankan origins.... I fail to see your point, besides pure xenophobia.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wait are you victim blaming a Sri Lanken man for being attacked because he was in Paris when it happened? Do you guys literally have ANY sympathy for people not yourselves?

Tourists! Bringing their foreign bodies to our countries and ruining them by becoming victims of crimes.... /sarc

After this OP I think I've now seen it all.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: JBurns
Remind me again why Paris isn't a city for French citizens?

How do you know this man is not a French Citizen? He may have Sri Lankan origins, but that doesn't mean he is not French.

United States is for Americans.

A portion of Americans also have Sri Lankan origins.... I fail to see your point, besides pure xenophobia.

Wait are you victim blaming a Sri Lanken man for being attacked because he was in Paris when it happened? Do you guys literally have ANY sympathy for people not yourselves?

Tourists! Bringing their foreign bodies to our countries and ruining them by becoming victims of crimes.... /sarc

After this OP I think I've now seen it all.

Heh. Forget the dog whistles. Just throw out a 20 ounce Porterhouse instead.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Heh. Forget the dog whistles. Just throw out a 20 ounce Porterhouse instead.

LOL Dog whistles is a dead term. Now some have moved onto 'Fog Horn/megaphone prejudice'.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think that your missing the point. The US is a Nation which takes in immigrants. Those immigrants assimilate, or sometimes they don't. But normally, they don't try to change the established norms. With the immigrant Muslims going into Europe, that's not the case. They seem to want their host countries to conform to what they want or need. Please look at the crime statistics in Norway, and the rest of Europe (I won't do it for you). I work for a large international company, and have traveled a great deal. I've seen this with my own eyes.

Before anybody starts with their hate speech. My family immigrated to the US in the early 60's when I was a toddler. We had no Government programs to help us out, my Father never asked for money from anyone, and we came in legally. We had our own culture, but we assimilated into our new environment. The whole point is, if you want to move to a new country and change their way of living, why don't you just stay in yours, and live the why you apparently want to live. Why go somewhere else and try to make them conform to you?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I would of shot them both, hoods and all...oh wait, France doesnt have a 2nd amendment!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
French police should consider handing out bracelets that say "Don't stab, cut or scalp" like police did in Sweden to help prevent sexual assaults.

Yep, that could work.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

We'll put.

By your rationale, our own domestic terrorists should cause you to believe we need to diversify so we can dilute the dangerous thinking of xenophobic white culture.

It's like people who think this way totally forget or choose to ignore that we have our own crimes in America committed by Americans every day, some just as heinous or even moreso than those committed in other countries. It's baffling.
edit on 3/7/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Multiculturalism invariably leads to a situation like South Africa, the United States or any number of above listed countries are experiencing.

When it comes to America or Canada, maybe their forefathers should not have settled on land already occupied by another race. They had "Multiculturalism" before it was cool..lol So if some Americans (right wing) want only one culture to mingle, maybe they should migrate back to Europe.
edit on 7-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Are you crazy, their side only cares about victims when they are useful to their propaganda. I created a thread about Trump and I got replies from their side basically saying "we shouldn't politicize deaths" yet they have no problem doing it.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I appreciate your ability to make the separation here Zosimov

In some countries, the distinction between ethnicity/race and culture/societal identity may be less obvious or hard to pick out

But in America, we have a much clearer separation between culture/ethnicity, because *anyone* can be an American regardless of their origins/race/ethnicity. Whether you're originally from Japan or Germany or the United Kingdom or Sudan, you can be a red-blooded Yankee simply by deciding to be a part of the American culture/identity (loving freedom, liberty, our neighbors and friends, etc)

So when I write a thread about "multi-culturalism" vs "multi-ethnicity" I really am speaking of two distinct and independent concepts. While many countries (including our own) excel with multi-ethnic populations (diversity is a good thing), they tend to do far worse when multiple cultures are prevalent among those groups

For instance, two groups of people working toward the same goals, holding similar ideals (not political views, but ideals like freedom/liberty/justice for all) it can be said those groups form a cohesive culture (despite the mixed ethnicity/origins of its demographic). I would call this a multi-ethnic unified culture (ie: a bunch of Americans)

On the other hand, two groups of people working toward entirely different goals, holding different ideals true (ie: one groups believes in freedom, the other believes in oppression just as an entirely hypothetical example) it is much harder for those groups to be viewed as a cohesive "culture" despite their common geo-location. I would call this multi-cultural, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how deep those differences go. In extreme cases, the division could be enough to fracture the country into a situation similar to South Africa before the end of apartheid

It would just be nice to see people once again identify themselves as Americans, instead of which tribe/culture/group/special interest sect they belong to. When I look down my road and see my neighbors homes I don't see them as "the white folks, the Muslims and the POC" I see them as "my American neighbors" because although we share no common origin, we do share the common heritage of being Americans and a likely pursuing very similar (if not the same) goals

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

Ridiculous.

It clearly isn't the Sri Lanken victim who wasn't part of French culture. Obviously it was the attacker, and even more obvious is the fact that I'm referencing the attacker. Then again, both of you already knew that.

But by all means, you and your pal continue to put words in my mouth I never said. I really don't care (no, seriously, I won't lose one wink of sleep over it).

edit on 3/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

You'll get over it. How do you think every existing nation on Earth was formed? Military conquest or financial means. Nobody just gives away land, nor do they ask nicely for it. That isn't how the world works. Never was, never will be. Either we take it, or the second strongest/smartest/most efficient group comes along and does.

All part of manifest destiny, and American exceptionalism.

Ooops, "stolen" land or some other perceived slight from 300 years ago. Sure, let's just give up our property/homes/businesses/lives right here on the spot since some random Citizen from a few hundred years ago *may* have done something you consider wrong. The only problem is, whatever was legal/lawful/accepted then doesn't change/get whitewashed simply because that is no longer the case or because there was big enough public outrage.

The past happened. You can't/won't change it. I would recommend looking forward, instead of backwards with victim status. Much like I crack up every time I hear the word "reparations" thrown about, followed by suggestions of confiscating my property to "redistribute" it:

1) Over my cold, dead body
2) Go work for your own things, instead of trying to leach off mine
3) I don't owe you or anyone else a damn thing.

And to be clear, only one CULTURE should exist within a national cultural boundary, for the purpose of domestic tranquility. That CULTURE can consist of ANY NUMBER OR VARIETY of ethnicities/races/religions/etc. You are conflating culture with race/ethnicity. To be against "multi-culturalism" is to say America is a nation for Americans (whoever is part of that cultural identity). It is NOT saying "America should be Caucasian" or "American should only be Hispanic" or whatever ethnicity/race/nationality you want to insert that.

EDIT: And last time I checked, Native Americans have their own sovereign nations within this country. For ANY other nation (yes, they're a nation) this would be untenable, and we'd have invaded/deposed their government/installed a puppet in very short order. We can't disband our country simply because some folks from a couple hundred years ago did something we don't like. And for the record, I don't like it but have zero say in it. Ruining what we have today does nothing to solve that.
edit on 3/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

We've been invaded by neocon scumbags decades ago, and then the neoliberals finished us off. But now we're supposed to throw the last bits of humanity away, and deny any responsibility, in order to save humanity from the Empire of Chaos?

Right. That's how we're going to save the west from itself!

Makes one really wonder why smart people don't fall for this type of ...err... reasoning, doesn't it?

edit on 7-3-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Krakatoa

We've been invaded by neocon scumbags decades ago, and then the neoliberals finished us off. But now we're supposed to throw the last bits of humanity away, and deny any responsibility, in order to save humanity from the Empire of Chaos?

Right. That's how we're going to save the west from itself!

Makes one really wonder why smart people don't fall for this type of ...err... reasoning, doesn't it?

Whites are so sweet and innocent, they don't hurt others, they just hand out flowers and unicorn farts.

OP I would post a facepalm meme for you but I decided not to ....

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, I mean yes. Really. It's like fcking for virginity with these refugee wavers and their migration policy advice. How much mockery can a morons brain take until some adrenalin kickstarts a parade of genuine thoughts?

We're here to find out, I guess. Memes ... meh, but pictures are fun!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

These people would like her much more if they realized what her plan is with immigration, she's only letting them in so she can round then up and gas them all.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

People in the known say, that she cancelled her daily shaving routine and had some reworks done on her parade uniform.
Finally! We'll have a leader in leather with beard again!

But the way it looks, my fellow retarded Krauts are way too effective in burning down the concentration camps before anyone could install a decent ZyklonB infrastructure (again). It's a shame.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So you're saying that all non American Indians should leave the country? Getting rid of all the illegal alien European descendants here may very well make America great again.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join