It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is God, Why. . . ?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

yeah your one of the deniers. That is your choice.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

first it is you're not your

No I accept your deity is real. He/it is not supreme. Like I repeatedly say, you don't understand polytheism, not one iota.

You basically have become the crank on a street corner, with a bible, yelling at people.

edit on 24-6-2018 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
double post
edit on 24-6-2018 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Oh and yes it is a choice. I don't know your ancestry, but I could say you not following the gods of your ancestors is your choice too. However, I know its a calling. My Gods called me. From atheism.

If you understood this, your life would be less troubled.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Dcopymope

You will notice the word Holy does not show up until Exodus and it is not about any man or religion or culture is is about a piece of land.

So from Genesis 1 onward the the earth and the world system and man was never good or holy, until god claims such as.

You should double check what was actually stated from Genesis 1 onward. God claimed that everything he had made in six days was "very good"'. At what point did God say it was "never good"? He declared it all as "good" from the very beginning. For you to contradict what is plainly stated is to claim that God made a mistake. God made no mistakes from Genesis to Exodus.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Only at the end and does he say that. The reason it doesn't say so in the section of day 2 is because anything that separates man fro God is not good, but in the end it is all very good including that separation from God. It is something for you to ponder, if the Firmament was a good thing then he would have said so like he did all the other days works were. But only in the end does he state ALL was very good.

so he made no mistakes in only two books? He made no mistakes at all and that is in all the Bible and things known and unknown.

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Only at the end and does he say that. The reason it doesn't say so in the section of day 2 is because anything that separates man fro God is not good, but in the end it is all very good including that separation from God. It is something for you to ponder, if the Firmament was a good thing then he would have said so like he did all the other days works were. But only in the end does he state ALL was very good.

so he made no mistakes in only two books? He made no mistakes at all and that is in all the Bible and things known and unknown.

The word "ALL" doesn't mean "with the exception of", nor does it ever imply such a thing beyond your own assumptions of what it means to be separated from God. All means all, meaning including the 'firmaments'. You wouldn't even be here drawing breath without that thing you claim 'separated' man from God to start with. Your belief is based on the fallacious argument from silence. It is an argument that is used often to support many erroneous beliefs, and I have grown quite tired of it.

Example:

(Luke 24:36-39) "ΒΆ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. [37] But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. [38] And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? [39] Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

Many use verses like this to support the claim that Jesus Christs resurrected form had no blood in him, solely because it isn't mentioned. By this reasoning, I can also claim he didn't have hair, eyes, a nose, fingernails, toe nails, or even a tongue for that matter. This is the type of illogical foolishness that has got to go within the so called "body of Christ". The prophet Isaiah says that we should be reasoning together in scripture, yet I often see the exact opposite from the "body of Christ".

(Isaiah 1:16-19) "ΒΆ Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; [17] Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. [18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. [19] If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:"

If you can't even give a reasonable explanation for your beliefs with other believers, then you can't expect the world at large to take your beliefs seriously. God is the author of logic and reason being the creator of the heavens, the earth and its inhabitants, which makes him the author of the DNA code. Our ability to reason through scripture using the brain he gave us with the aid of the Holy Spirit is exactly what he wants us to do. In the real world, 2 + 2 must always equal 4.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

well if you can't understand it maybe your not seeking God to show you and open your eyes. In Psalms it tells us to pray "Lord open my eye to thy ways". that simple prayer opens more scriptures than all the Seminaries in the world could ever reveal.

In the end the Bible is a history book about the Jews and speaks more on them and a Jewish king on a Jewish throne in a Jewish city in the land promised to the Jews for over 3000 years, than anything else.

I just got finished completing another read and study through the Bible since last September and with all I was searching for I found it to be lacking in Religiosity and filled with History about one people more than it speaks about Christians both Jew and Gentile.

I can no longer say the Bible is a religious book as it lacks a lot of religious things but hold to a history of Israel over all other things.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Neighbour, you set yourself up as understanding how God is, and what it says, better than everyone else. Take a look at your life. If that were the case, you'd not be in the position that you are

Stop posturing, and admit, you don't know the will of your Deity any better than anyone else. Deities are like that.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

well if you can't understand it maybe your not seeking God to show you and open your eyes. In Psalms it tells us to pray "Lord open my eye to thy ways". that simple prayer opens more scriptures than all the Seminaries in the world could ever reveal.

🀣 "You don't understand the Bible" is the most common "rebuttal" I get from people with illogical, often heretical beliefs about the word of God. If you wish to continue believing in logically fallacious beliefs about God and how he operates, then I strongly suggest you take a look in the mirror and pray that the Lord "opens your eyes".
edit on 28-6-2018 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Neighbour, you set yourself up as understanding how God is, and what it says, better than everyone else. Take a look at your life. If that were the case, you'd not be in the position that you are

Stop posturing, and admit, you don't know the will of your Deity any better than anyone else. Deities are like that.

There are lots of people out there pretending to know more about God, the spirit realm, and how it relates to this physical plain of existence than what is written in the Bible, yet they always contradict what is plainly stated in scripture. I call these particular types of people the "I know God" crew, also known as self proclaimed "oracles". They rub me the wrong way, as they blaspheme left and right. My principle on the Bible and peoples interpretation of it is simple; If it is logically inconsistent and contradicts what is plainly written, then I simply dismiss it all as nonsense. This principle has served me very well as of late, to wade through all the nonsense and get to the truth. There is only one testimony about God that matters when it comes down to it, the new AND old testament. All other testimonies must line up with it, or it is not to be taken seriously, to be thrown in the trash where it belongs.
edit on 27-6-2018 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You should double check what was actually stated from Genesis 1 onward. God claimed that everything he had made in six days was "very good"'. At what point did God say it was "never good"? He declared it all as "good" from the very beginning. For you to contradict what is plainly stated is to claim that God made a mistake. God made no mistakes from Genesis to Exodus.

Gen 3:17 -10
(17) And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
(18) Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
(19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

If the earth [which means the entire universe which is all earth] would not die if it were good. This is why the garden was also taken from the earth and put in paradise. The earth became corrupt [sinful] and all sin must die.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

They rub me the wrong way too... I have been doing the spiritual thing for years, and I don't claim to know more than every one else. I can spot liars however. OR deluded people.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

a reply to: tattooedlunchlady

I hwas a missionary in a So East Asia Island fo 15 years. I have seen the "unseen", I have been grabbed by the throat by an unseen being held me up on my tip toes until a was able to inaudibly say "Help me Jesus". At that very moment I was released, It was just a few hours after we have blessed an building for the owner who is a Christian and wanted a blessing for it before opening.

I have seen a shadow man, called a Capre by the locals, it was about 12 feet tall, it was about 1 am and moved across a darkened lot across the street from our Mission house. I was awakened by all the dogs in the neighborhood especially our, who was sanding in the path f it as it began to move toward the road. As it came out of the darkness into and area fully lit by the full moon it became even darker and not features just a shadowy figure. As it come out of the lot our dog backed up and it turned down the road. All the dogs wee barking as it moved down the street our dogs quieted but the dogs further down began to bark. You could hear the dogs bark from over a km away as this thing moved down the road.

I have seen a flying fox with an unnatural wingspan of 10 feet across, big enough to carry off a child up to 2 year old child.

so don't assume you know what or what I have not seen.

The only beings on this planet who live mainly underground are devils, they have no sexual organs, they are the one doing experiments. The result of these "sons of God" taking wives gave way to these wives giving birth to men who were Giants, Satyrs and Cyclops ect are results of these experiments.

the olny Bible I refer to is the AV it is the only one available ad in English that has all the verses in it.
You should always lead your threads with this story. It let’s people know right away that they are dealing with a person who has no grounding in reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
If the earth [which means the entire universe which is all earth] would not die if it were good. This is why the garden was also taken from the earth and put in paradise. The earth became corrupt [sinful] and all sin must die.

"which means the entire universe which is all earth"..........πŸ˜•............really? So scripture states there is a "heaven" and an earth clearly described as separate locations in the creation account, yet to you they are one and the same. Where does it......you know what......never mind, whatever, believe what you believe. πŸ™ƒ

When Jesus promised the thief on the cross that he would be with him in paradise, he was referring specifically to new Jerusalem, not heaven. New Jerusalem at the moment is in heaven, but the new earth will be its final destination when it comes down to it, if this is what you mean by "paradise". Allow scripture to demonstrate this fact and speak for itself, or don't and believe whatever you may believe. πŸ‘πŸ‘

(Revelation 2:7) "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

(Revelation 21:1-2) "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. [2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

(Revelation 22:1-2) "And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. [2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

"which means the entire universe which is all earth"..........πŸ˜•............really? So scripture states there is a "heaven" and an earth clearly described as separate locations in the creation account, yet to you they are one and the same. Where does it......you know what......never mind, whatever, believe what you believe.Text

I believe you have misunderstood the OT scriptures somewhat. When you read [Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.] Moses has written that there is one terrestrial earth and one terrestrial heaven. This means that the universe which is this terrestrial heaven [singular] was created first and the terrestrial earth was then placed inside of this terrestrial heaven. This was before the heavenly bodies were placed inside of the universe. As the heavenly bodies were placed in the universe, [4th day] they also were of the same substance [earth] as the world. All existing heavenly bodies are of earth and not celestial substance.

As the firmament of this world was created it then became a 1st heaven [singular] to the world and the universe became the 2nd heaven [plural] to this world. That is why Genesis states that after all was created we have two terrestrial heavens.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. This has no reference to the celestial heaven/s. The entire account is in reference to this terrestrial earth.

Once you leave the two terrestrial heavens is when you encounter the celestial realm. [2nd Corinthians 12:2]

When Jesus promised the thief on the cross that he would be with him in paradise, he was referring specifically to new Jerusalem. New Jerusalem at the moment is in heaven, but the new earth will be its final destination when it comes down to it, if this is what you mean by "paradise".

I agree with what you say in that paradise is in the New Jerusalem. Revelation states that paradise is indeed in New Jerusalem where the trees and waters of life are located. I don't know if you are saying that paradise is now in Sheol and will eventually be in the celestial heaven or that paradise is now in the New Jerusalem [kingdom of heaven.] Revelation suggests that the kingdom of heaven [New Jerusalem] is now established and that New Jerusalem is now existing with paradise (Gan Eden) in the New Jerusalem.

Remember one very important thing concerning paradise. The NT paradise is mentioned only three times in the NT and paradise was never in Sheol [hell.] That is according to the doctrine of Jesus. Paradise is used very loosely in the Hebrew language simply because a New Jerusalem was not offered to humanity till the covenant of Jesus in the NT.

Paradise could not have been located in Sheol before the covenant of Jesus because if it had been then those in Sheol would have had access to the tree and water of everlasting life and lived in sin forever. Paradise [Gan Eden] was removed from Adam and put into the celestial third heaven where the thief was taken the very day he died. This is the kingdom of heaven that Jesus preached so many times.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
First of all personal attack against me is uncalled for.

I never in my life would have even considered that devils attack people but they do. Jesus had first hand dealings with devils as well as Paul. I remember Joy Baer(sp?) the TV host on the View said of VP Mike Pence that if Jesus Talks to him he was not in his right mind. You seem to run with the same crowd.

I guess you would also say that about Paul's teaching is not grounded in reality as well,

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].
I wouldn't pray for that experience I had to happen to you or anyone else. But if you knew that those lands were home to cannibals and devils prevailed there for centuries before Missionaries arrived there. If you would go and read about Missionaries in So east, South and Asia as well as in Africa, you would hear of similar stories from them as well. The moment I called out to Jesus Christ for help the being let me go. But I have seen a lot more that lets me know we deal not with flesh and blood but with evil spirits as well.

edit on 29-6-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
After another year through the Bible, I see more and more that the Bible has less to do with Salvation of man as it is a history book dealing with a one nation, a chosen people Israel, with a man from the tribe of Judah, who will sit on the earthly throne of David, in an earthly city of Jerusalem, and he will rule over the world from that location forever and that nation will serve him forever.

The Bible speaks more of that History still to come than Salvation by faith alone on Christ, more then the golden rule, more than Love they neighbor, more than Judge not, and a dozen or so more such teachings that any group may want to use to say the Bible is a Religious book.

But in fact it is a history book that has about 500 verses that are written out that tell us what the history of Israel will be like after 2018. 500 prophecies that have yet to manifest themselves. Maybe, this is why men want the Bible and god to be myths and stories. Maybe man doesn't like the fact that God has already laid out what is in store for every man woman and child ever born into the world.

It is logical that men fear a God who already knows the end from the beginning, and yet that same God makes a way for man to be with God forever in peace and happiness. The only question is why would man turn down free salvation through Jesus Christ?

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You know a number of individuals have focused on a single books, with an obsession before. You don't want to be the next Mark David Chapman do you?

I do not need salvation thanks. Your religion is very much obsessing about salvation, over right living, honor, and responsibility.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

The first sign of a reprobate mind is the rejection of his own condition. You are given over to such a mind because of your belief and you approve of others like you and you do like them.

You life is in your hands do with it as you may I brush the dust from my feet at the gate of your heart, never more to come near unto it.

Go thy way, rejoice in the fruit of your own hands for that is your lot in this life to have all the pleasure you can enjoy Ecc 2:24, for tomorrow (figuratively) you die and will spend eternity in your long (eternal) home Ecc 12:1-12.

edit on 8-7-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join