It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Rats Out His Buddy Mueller; Searching For Evidence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The former attorney general confided to those tuning in over the weekend that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is a close friend who has already decided to indict President Donald Trump for obstruction of justice,but is waiting because he doesn’t yet have the evidence yet.

Don't have the evidence yet!

Gee I guess a year wasn't enough time.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Mueller knows better than anyone, he was head of the FBI
when Hillary's emails were hacked by Guccifer all the
way back in 2013!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Let's think about this in context, because that's what you're missing. What is the case that trump obstructed justice? He fired comey and asked comey if he could maybe let the flynn thing go. That's at best a weak case and probably not even a case at all. When did that happen? The first half of 2017. Here we are, a year later and mueller is still searching for evidence to bolster his case? Either Mueller is incompetent or this is a fishing expedition as the article says.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The argument is really that he fired Comey and it's Trumps constitutional right. The comment is based on Comeys memo that he self admittedly leaked to get a soecial counsel. Trump will just deny the conversation and claim Comey fabricated the memo to do exactly what he said he did above. It's obviously a poltic assassination of epic proportions by rogue partisan in our Intel and justice departments.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: neo96

Mueller knows better than anyone, he was head of the FBI
when Hillary's emails were hacked by Guccifer all the
way back in 2013!

Mueller is the definition of a "dirty cop." He s the establishments go to guy. 911, WMD, Uranium, Russia collusion. You name it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Comey also testified that trump firing him did not obstruct justice. Trump admitted in his interview (which the left loves to point to because he said he fired him for the russia probe) that he thought firing him would likely lead to a special counsel and increased scrutiny. If your plan is to obstruct justice, you don't increase pressure on yourself. Comey had to go for many reasons including his handling of the russia probe.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Let's think about this in context, because that's what you're missing. What is the case that trump obstructed justice? He fired comey and asked comey if he could maybe let the flynn thing go. That's at best a weak case and probably not even a case at all. When did that happen? The first half of 2017. Here we are, a year later and mueller is still searching for evidence to bolster his case? Either Mueller is incompetent or this is a fishing expedition as the article says.

Let's handle one thing at a time here. Can you acknowledge that the op-ed mischaracterized Holder's statements?

As far as what Holder did say — he's not claiming insider knowledge — he's making assumptions based on what he's seen in the media. He's basically projecting his own opinions over what he guesses might be Mueller's behavior. He really has no idea.

We have no idea if Mueller actually thinks there's a case to be made for obstruction or not, much less whether it has to do with the firing of Comey. And even if both of those things are true, we have no idea what other evidence he may have. Me personally? I'm not comfortable saying at this point that I believe that Mueller is trying to bolster a case for obstruction against Trump.

Either way, what you should keep in mind is that Mueller will not be attempting to indict Trump for anything. The consensus has long been that a sitting president cannot be indicted. If Mueller thinks that there's a case for anything against Donald J. Trump, I would expect that it will be presented to the House Judiciary to do with what they will.

It's plausible that the House could vote to impeach (it takes a simple majority) but I wouldn't be overly concerned about Trump's fate even if *all of that* takes place. Removing the President would require a 2/3 vote in Senate. Unless somebody produces audio of him saying, "I know my friends are all guilty and I'm firing Comey to obstruct this investigation!" — there's not a chance in hell of getting enough Republicans onboard to remove Trump over firing Comey. It's just not going to happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Who is his source? I don't trust this guy at all, Q says Mueller is /ourguy/ and I trust Q.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is just some crappy opinion piece!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Oh damn! Seems like I'm wrong! He said this on Bill Maher's show??

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rockdisjoint2

Mueller is the swamp. Q is a game meant to keep people engaged.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

As far as what Holder did say — he's not claiming insider knowledge — he's making assumptions based on what he's seen in the media. He's basically projecting his own opinions over what he guesses might be Mueller's behavior. He really has no idea.

Not really. Again, if you read the context provided in the article, the characterization of holder's statement is a reasonable interpretation. Yes, holder tried to take plausible deniability steps by saying "I'm guessing." Like all things that happened in the holder DOJ, it was a two faced statement. On one hand he was claiming he had known mueller for thirty years (expecting credence to be given) but CYA'd by saying he was just guessing. Again, the article shows the pattern of behavior that holder has displayed.

We have no idea if Mueller actually thinks there's a case to be made for obstruction or not

His friend of 30 years seems to think so. But then again, he's only guessing.

much less whether it has to do with the firing of Comey.

I can only make analysis based on the information I have. If new information arises I will then change my analysis. Until then I stand by what I said.

Me personally? I'm not comfortable saying at this point that I believe that Mueller is trying to bolster a case for obstruction against Trump.

Have you been friends with Mueller for 30 years?

Either way, what you should keep in mind is that Mueller will not be attempting to indict Trump for anything. The consensus has long been that a sitting president cannot be indicted. If Mueller thinks that there's a case for anything against Donald J. Trump, I would expect that it will be presented to the House Judiciary to do with what they will.

It's plausible that the House could vote to impeach (it takes a simple majority) but I wouldn't be overly concerned about Trump's fate even if *all of that* takes place. Removing the President would require a 2/3 vote in Senate. Unless somebody produces audio of him saying, "I know my friends are all guilty and I'm firing Comey to obstruct this investigation!" — there's not a chance in hell of getting enough Republicans onboard to remove Trump over firing Comey. It's just not going to happen.

Agree. You've got to be one of the only lefties out there that understands these points.
edit on 7-3-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Be wary of anything Holder says. He and others are still taking their marching orders from their "messiah"

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

And where is Holder alleged to have made this statement? Where was a link to the man himself, actually making the statement? Is the statement he actually made, recreated verbatim and in context in the article you posted?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It was on the bill maher show.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Here, I'll help you out. This garbage you're posting is an unhinged interpretation of statements Holder made to Bill Maher. Here's how The Hill did it. Notice that they actually quoted Holder and identified where the statements were made. The reason David Keene of the Unitarian Church's mouthpiece didn't do either is because he wanted to lie straight to your face and have you run and disinform your peers.

Holder predicts Mueller trying to bolster obstruction of justice case

Former Attorney General Eric Holder said Friday that special counsel Robert Mueller likely already has a case for obstruction of justice against President Trump, and is waiting to bring the case before a grand jury.

In an interview on HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher," Holder expressed faith that the sprawling Mueller probe would result in more charges.

"Well I think that you technically have an obstruction of justice case that already exists," Holder said. "I've known Bob Mueller for 20, 30 years. My guess is, he's just trying to make the case as good as he possibly can."

What he actually said was that he thinks Mueller has a case for obstruction and he's being very thorough to make sure the case is as good as it can be — which you'll note is nothing like the garbage from Mr. Keene-to-deceive-you.

Do you think Eric Holder is a honest politician or do you think he is something else?

Do you believe that Eric Holder has been honest?

At this point, it has become clear that you are what you appear to be.
A message board attorney for the Democratic Party.

Very nice point. The whole bunch of them act like that the facts they have about DJT remotely makeup for the facts against the DNC and the theft of the primaries and the sedition they are committing now. I as an Indie, do not see why the left feels they know what is best for a free people anymore?

They are corrupt to the bone on both sides but sometimes both sides have got to go after the ones that break laws based on what was done and not who they want to see go to prison. If they don't, this whole thing is going to be anarchy.

We need a balanced and fair system not a 'favor the rich' system. We should only favor them financially for they provide us with jobs. Don't favor them over violating the same laws we have to live under here. That is my beef with the gov here.

edit on 7-3-2018 by Justoneman because: grammar

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Former Attorney General Eric Holder said Friday

"Well I think that you technically have an obstruction of justice case that already exists," Holder said. "I've known Bob Mueller for 20, 30 years. My guess is, he's just trying to make the case as good as he possibly can."

Sounds like another "No reasonable prosecuter would bring this case" moment.

Mueller is probably taking so much time in the hopes of quelling civil unrest as much as possible when half the country becomes upset that no Russian Colution was found and a Republican controlled Congress won't impeach over "obstruction of justice" in a case where Russian Colution didn't exist.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You mentioned something here, which needs closer examination.

You stated that:

I as an Indie, do not see why the left feels they know what is best for a free people anymore?

The Dems are not the left. The Dems are centre right at best. They do not support the removal of private companies from the healthcare system, they do not support the end of all resource war, all intelligence meddling in the affairs of less powerful locations, they do not support the deconstruction of all fossil energy industry, nor do they refuse to take bribes and backhanders, proving that unlike genuine lefties, they love money and want more of it.

The left are ONLY to be found in the streets, and they really do, on the whole, know a damned sight better what is good for people, than do their counterparts on the right, the politicians on the right, or the Dems, who are right wing or centrist, dressed in a frock made of faux democracy.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The idea that the president can obstruct justice is nothing more than liberal make believe. The president IS THE EXECUTIVE. He can hire and fire at will, for any reason he deems appropriate. He could fire Mueller because of the way he cuts his hair and there would be no obstruction of justice. The president can pardon for crying out loud. He is the head of the justice department, he is the boss's boss. He could even declare an emergency, and hang these people for sedition. This is exactly what would happen if this were tried with the likes of Teddy Roosevelt or Lincoln.
edit on 7-3-2018 by craterman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your attitude is what has screwed the left in the states, some latte drinking twat (not you in particular the average I know best leftist in the states) in the big city does not know what is best for the people living on farms, or in the millions of acres of rural land in our nation.

If they wanted to piss off and make their cities leftist utopias and leave us folks in the country alone then most right leaning folks would not care.

We just want to be left the heck alone to care for our families as best we can, and they cannot stand that we think different or do not need big brother govts help so they are constantly trying to force us to do as they think is best.

That way of thinking irritates folks that don't want outside interference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join