It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Cohn: Key Trump economic policy aide resigns breaking on bbc

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

I just don't know how trump followers can take so much winning? I saw this earlier too. trump is now saying, "people come and go" LMAO, really? He has had more white house exits than any President I am aware of.

Perhaps ever? I don't want to spread fake news, but I am pretty sure, trump is at the top of the presidential chain, as far as turn over.

I really am, very glad trump only hires "the best" If this entire White House is the best he is capable of, I would hate to see his worst!

edit on 6-3-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
He doesn’t want to be a part of a giant, huge train wreck coming from this terrible president.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Listen up Jinmi
i know that in your ... own, egocentric, lonely, mind
where in you must have the last word.
whatever that may be..

Please let others 'outside' spreak up
please

you will only grow
I worry for you

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I just don't know how trump followers can take so much winning? I saw this earlier too. trump is now saying, "people come and go" LMAO, really? He has had more white house exits than any President I am aware of.

Perhaps ever? I don't want to spread fake news, but I am pretty sure, trump is at the top of the presidential chain, as far as turn over.

40% turnover rate, although I've heard everyone is dying to work there, the best people really.

Sauce although slightly outdated: www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Listen up Jinmi i know that in your ... own, egocentric, lonely, mind where in you must have the last word.

No. I've tried and you've made the point that you are not worth listening to.

Good day.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

As I understand it, the country we import the most steel from is Canada. Canada is the biggest export nation for something like 30-35 states from I recall.

Office of the US Trade Representative

U.S.-Canada Trade Facts

U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $627.8 billion in 2016. Exports were $320.1 billion; imports were $307.6 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $12.5 billion in 2016.

Canada is currently our 2nd largest goods trading partner with $544.0 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2016. Goods exports totaled $266.0 billion; goods imports totaled $278.1 billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Canada was $12.1 billion in 2016.

Trade in services with Canada (exports and imports) totaled an estimated $ 83.7 billion in 2016. Services exports were $54.2 billion; services imports were $ 26.9 billion. The U.S. services trade surplus with Canada was $24.6 billion in 2016.

Contrast this with what Trump tweeted yesterday:

We have large trade deficits with Mexico and Canada. NAFTA, which is under renegotiation right now, has been a bad deal for U.S.A. Massive relocation of companies & jobs. Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum will only come off if new & fair NAFTA agreement is signed. Also, Canada must..

6:47 AM - 5 Mar 2018

...treat our farmers much better. Highly restrictive. Mexico must do much more on stopping drugs from pouring into the U.S. They have not done what needs to be done. Millions of people addicted and dying.

6:53 AM - 5 Mar 2018

Basically nothing Trump says comports well with reality. Most of the time, I think he just makes up things he thinks 32-33% of the population want to hear. Millions of people aren't actually dying but of the tens of thousands who are dying a year from drug overdoses, 2/3 are from opiates/opiods and the majority of those are from prescription painkillers, having nothing to do with Mexico.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Welp, this proves that the Trump Train has left the track. Trade wars are never a good idea.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Nothing is real.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Trump to Administration: I was elected based on promises, and I will do my best to keep every promise made. If you don't remember them, here's a list. If we are no longer in agreement, you're welcome to leave, with no hard feelings. The people who entrusted me with this job and their future, come first. Thank-you.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Being that as it may, I would like to see it broken down by its usage and type. Say structural steel and raw steel. Two very different things and I will check into this soon.

My opinion is that he should be looking to Asia.

www.forbes.com...

As a machinist and in the steel industry for years, I can say that is where most of the material comes from and it is subpar. To the point where businesses will not accept any steel or aluminum outside of North America.

I don't doubt that he knows this, so why the focus on Canada? That is a good question.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

yeah, whine/wine = win... pftt
i dunno .. intelligence sometimes is inherited by a génome
or not

Seems like Trump only recrutes the under-swamp
people who are les 'swampy' than himself
easier to ....'fire' ?

I dunno
reprobates all

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

NAFTA is why.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Or Trump buys on promises made - more fool him

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Fool
more him

same argument

Fool

being he the oprative adjective

to be clear : Trump is a fool
edit on 6-3-2018 by Cassi3l because: a fool 's a follY'all nkow

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

god Trump is an absolute nightmare president. no one can work with the guy because he's arrogant and stupid beyond measure. always a dangerous combo

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Perhaps he thought he would play ball on both party lines. Turns out when a good move for the US doesn't impact profits as much, the guy bails.

Just my opinion.

Taken in isolation this departure can easily be considered in your ''perhaps''. But taken in context of all the rest that is going on with his White House, that ''perhaps'' loses it's ''prehapsness'' and ventures close to ''well, ah,,,, Go Trump, MAGA''

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Perhaps, perhaps not.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Fool
more him

same argument

fool

being he the oprative adjective

to be clear : Trump is a fool

Do you have an actual argument or...........?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Resistance: Goldman Sachs cronyism

The Resistance: welcome to the #Resistance Gary Cohn

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here we go, no aluminum in there however.

www.trade.gov...

ETA: Presents the argument for preparation of increase to infrastructure. However, at this point, I'm not going to pretend to know what direction this is headed.

edit on 6-3-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join