It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew a nuclear missile was inbound to your area, and you had an hour before it hit....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Stop going West when you hit California. Texas people are not welcome there. Texas is too conservative.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Very interesting and intriguing post, S&F.

I work right across the street from a major defense contractor, actually two, which I am sure would be on the target list. If you are close to the coast, you might not be aware that the travel times for ICBMs might be only about 5 minutes as a sub could get right off the coast and pop a bunch off at us. So I imagine I could find myself inside the fireball pretty easily. In a way that's good; If you are close to ground zero you get vaporized faster than the pain impulses could travel to your brain, so you feel basically nothing, probably don't even see the flash as you are gone before it registers in your brain. I probably wouldn't even have time to have a WTF moment, your just there one millisecond, gone the next. If I was home, I am pretty sure I am about 20 miles from any target I can imagine, So I guess I would try to take cover in some way. My other thought about this scenario has always been that taking cover is futile because pretty much every nuclear power plant in the country is going to melt down from damage and EMP effects, so the air will be at virtually lethal radiation levels within a few weeks or months after the war, all over the northern hemisphere, and eventually the southern as well. I guess in all honesty I would just try to survive the initial attack and stay alive until I couldn't. Might read a lot and play scrabble. And I think I would kill a bottle of wild turkey or two.

edit on 8-3-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well, first of all, I'd pack what is essential in my bug out/hiking pack.

Jump on my Harley, and head west/southwest. No cars, the roads would be packed. I could take my bike offroad easier, and have a better chance of actually making it out of the city. I'm a hunter, so I'd bring my gun(s) and ammo. Anything else I needed to get away is right within reach on my camping shelves in the garage. Tents, hammock, rainfly, stove, fuel etc. I'd go full on survivalist mode. Time to use all this information and training I've had.

I'm in Ohio, we're on the edge of several big targets. So I'd head farther west for sure.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Go to our airport that has an underground path between the parking garage and the terminal.

Then hope for the best.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'd sit in silence and wait to die.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
First and foremost I would round up my family. If they are out of the area, we would activate our contingency plan.

So alot depends on who knows what. If I were among a few who knew, I would load up what I could in 15 minutes in the following order:

1) Our individual 72 hour bags. (each car also has an equivalent bag)
2) water
3) firearms and ammo
4) food

Then bug out.

If its a general panic then that changes things. The traffic would mean that it will be impossible to escape and Id rather not get trapped on the road in a general panic. We would be lucky to move more than 3-4 miles int hat time. So we would use our shelter in place:

1) We have an interior room that will serve as a shelter with about 15 minutes of mods and yes a rudimentary air filter
2) Move the bulk water (50 gallon drums) inside
3) move the bulk of the survival gear inside (most is stored outside due to earthquakes
4) Turn off the gas
5) Double check the faraday cage to make sure its ready and place ALL electronics that I can inside (not just the survival one)
6) Isolate the inverter from the solar panels and the inverter from the house (if the structure survives there is the possibility we can get the solar functional again
7) place the stoppers in the drains and flood the roof. We have a flat roofed Eichler and its made of foam which can be flamable. The roof is water tight already, and the water would act as protection agains fire AND also offer some barrier protection for fallout. Look 4 inches of water is not alot but its better than nothing
8) if time permits, cover all exterior windows with plywood sheets like they do for hurricanes.
9) Barricade inside house, load up the firearms. and duck and cover

The issue with our location is that we are on a peninsula so our only exit is to the South and it tracks though a city of 1 million plus. North is also a high probability target. If we headed across the bay to the East there Lawrence Livermore Nuclear Labs so its iffy

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If I knew and had an hour, I would call up family say goodbyes. I would have one chance with my spouse and it would be to get far away from the largest city and wait for the boom. After that maybe drive back to see if the house was still there, or not.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I would be rejoicing to the 'max' as they used to say.

I am only a pilgrim here.

I know I am a daughter of Christ and I will go to be with Him when I die.

I pray for His return ASAP.

If that comes in the ways of a nuke? Oh well.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'd invite all the ATS trolls over to my house.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This question is not very good... Because if a nuclear missile is ever inbound and u happen to be given warning about it... Well you will have about 15 mins tops and for some attacks significantly less even... Probably not even enough time to make it home from work...
But hey don't worry J&K are hard at work so it's just not going to happen and if it does you won't remember anyway...
Carry on...
edit on 9-3-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
"They" would probably target largest populated areas, and major military spots. The radiation I thought I read somewhere that it's intense in a seven mile radius. I looked a lot of stuff up back in 2001 after the last attack on our soil. Eighteen years ago. The major problem would be that the electricity is shut off permanently. All the transformers would need replaced from Italy... So, a lot of people in the hospitals and on machines would die. There would be no more supermarket. After three months the people still alive would be ones with skills, or who had plenty of body fat to sustain them. The stress most people would be feeling would very intense. It would be like the walking dead with no zombies. The fact that all the nuclear facilities would begin to melt down with no electricity to run them. The people in the country would inherit what is left. These people would need to turn their lawn mower gas run engines into something to run to bring small amounts of well water up for cooking and drinking. The directions are on the internet somewhere. All the cities would have total society melt down. I personally would... not say what I would do. What I can say is, that no one wants to do this on Earth. It would pollute and effect everybody globally.... also financially and trade wise. We are all interdependent and connected these days. So we must all get along. It's time to grow up and share and help each other.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Kiss my sorry rear end good bye

Just joking. In reality I have my doubts that we'd even get advanced notification, provided it is a "rational actor" were dealing with.

Any country on Earth (or any entity known to posses nuclear weapons) knows that launching a single WMD against us would result in the end of the world. Therefore it is my opinion that any such detonation would be a sneak attack, along the lines of nuclear terrorism. And if that is really the case, we wouldn't have any warning

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I want to be one of the lucky ones to go at first impact. Living after a nuclear attack would be hell on earth. Even if you escaped being killed during the initial attack, the radiation fall out would contaminate the food supply, water and who knows what devastating affect it would have on the human body?

In my view, it's a no win situation. It makes me angry that a few power hungry leaders can decide to wipe out millions of innocent lives with just a push of a button!

You said it all there about power hungry leaders! So keep the sanctions coming, I say.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd position myself closer to where it was going to hit, especially if I knew it was the first salvo of a nuclear war.

I'd rather die quickly than die slowly and painfully in the aftermath.

It's highly unlikely anyone would have more than 10-15 minutes notice of an attack.

For an attack to be successful, it would probably have to be some sort of terrorist attack using something in a van, that sort of thing, rather than a missile.

A terrorist attack with a nuclear device is pretty much the only scenario that does NOT spark a worlwide nuclear war, as it would be pretty hard to identify where it came from at first, and by the time the source were identified, cooler heads would probably prevail.
edit on 9-3-2018 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The potassium iodide tablets are unnecessary for folks aged 45+ years.

The cancer caused by radioactive iodine takes 20 years minimum to kill.

I don't live downwind of any targets. I keep them pills for the young 'uns. Me and maw will be doing most of the outdoor work after the fire.
edit on 9-3-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

I figure the larger the soul displacement from aggressive based mass killing activities and the amounts of hate, pain, sadness and turmoil generated the larger the malevolent paranormal portal opening, to transfer the spirit energy of the many slain.

Which in turn allows something larger from there, the metaphysical/paranormal/supernatural regions of Existence to enter here (Whatever forms it manifest).
Maturity as a species of man prevents intra ignorance opens the door.
Makes sense🤔

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'd most likely be fine, assuming they go after Offut, which is the largest base near me.

Probably just gather supplies I have and bug out until things blow over.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This question is not very good... Because if a nuclear missile is ever inbound and u happen to be given warning about it... Well you will have about 15 mins tops and for some attacks significantly less even... Probably not even enough time to make it home from work...

The hour estimate is based on what many analysts predict. This isn't just missile flight time, but other readiness factors that would trigger an imminent first strike scenario.

As for subs, as some have mentioned, the sorry state of Russia's sub arsenal and missile readiness of those subs is a bit dubious, but even considering this, you can bet that THESE birds would be destined for trying to take out OUR silos and bases. (not a defense contractor). And if ICBMs, even if off the coast, they still need to go up, then down, still taking about 15 minutes. Like I said though, this hour estimate isn't just missile flight time. Getting bombers to fly, defense chatter to other components, getting the mobile launchers in place (and we do allegedly have great info on where these are at any given time), etc. All of this plays into it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Which in turn allows something larger from there, the metaphysical/paranormal/supernatural regions of Existence to enter here (Whatever forms it manifest).
Maturity as a species of man prevents intra ignorance opens the door.
Makes sense

Oddly, there's an RPG based on just that idea. It's great fun, because it allows superheroes, giant robots, even dragons, to all play together. It's usually unbalanced as hell though.

A nuclear response that follows involves the deaths of millions of living beings, and the simultaneous release of their PPE.

What is already a huge release of mystical energy is multiplied as a result of several special conditions: a rare multi-planetary alignment, occurrence during the Winter Solstice, and all at midnight. The deaths of millions at this time amplifies these already high psychic energies, triggering many powerful natural disasters across the world, including the return of Atlantis.

The energy release from the deaths of millions more in turn releases even more mystic energy, causing more disasters in a vicious cycle. Ultimately, the total destruction brings an unprecedented energy release of billions. Ley Line networks that crisscross the globe are energized as never before, causing rifts to open both on Earth and throughout the Megaverse. Untold numbers of alien beings are pulled from their own home worlds, while Great Powers of the Megaverse are alerted of a new and valuable planet to conquer.

en.wikipedia.org...(role-playing_game)#Background

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What would I do? With only an hour warning and the panic on the roads around my area, wouldn't make it out, so I'd probably stay right where I am. Got a "supposedly" closed air base a few miles west of me, so I'd still be in target range.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join