It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew a nuclear missile was inbound to your area, and you had an hour before it hit....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'd kill my neighbors.

Oh wait, I meant something else.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok go load up car with supplies then swipe a sail boat and head out to sea with my family. i have a fried from new york who keeps a boat in local marrina that is fairly modern that he only uses during summer that he has me keep an eye on for him.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I will just crawl down in my bunker with my family..
And wait for the storm to be over

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Probably go sit on the porch swing with of bottle of Jack single barrel, a huge spliff, and play my Dobro.
Butt naked.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

From the looks of it...
Head to the restroom and EVACUATE!

When using nukemap, it's a bit silly to pick the 100mt one made as an experiment.

Instead, use the more common actual arsenal ones, like the RS-24 Yars (with either 3 warheads, each at 500kt (not mt) or 6 at 150-300kt) or, another one, the SS-27 (500kt) or even the older R-36's (with decoy warheads, and active ones at around 500kt).

So, quite a big difference here in the blast radius of these.

As for scenarios, while we do have a ballistic missile defense system, Russia doesn't need fancy new missiles to bypass it. (missiles that were quite in the news back in 2015 by the way, so not exactly new) Indeed, if our BMDS DID protect us completely, then the balance of power would make war more likely...so something the US has NOT wanted to do. There's no way we'd protect against a full on Russia attack. However, our missiles from hardened silos, subs, and stealth bombers would find their targets, just as theirs would find their targets.

Some of the comments though (about what would happen to pretty women, etc.) underscore a major theme though. With this kind of threat, it's like all of the shackles of our society are gone. People are going to do whatever the hell they want. That's almost scarier to me than being incinerated into a shadow on the pavement.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
An FTG-15 in every backyard... //\

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
An hour should be plenty of time to get as far away as possible.

So that is what I would do.

GTFO!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
An hour should be plenty of time to get as far away as possible.

So that is what I would do.

GTFO!

Spending my last hour in a huge traffic jam isn't how I want to go.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Access sewers -

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

1 hr head notice? That's an eternity. South Central Alaska has a surprising number of bunkers, relics from the early days of the cold war. I'd haul the family underground with as much food, fuel, and firepower as we can haul and keep our heads down for awhile.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Pick up some hot ladies head away from the nuke and fly to some resort or something.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
call my wife, coz the attack would be on a workday, tell her we are fine and I love her.

Take the doggies to the roof and eat treats!!!

Until the flash makes us blind and or turns us to smoke.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Is that you Arfur Daley ?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That is where I am lucky.

Nothing but mountains and water.

Easy escape unless it is something like Tzar bomba.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Crank up the stereo with my favorite tunes, have a drink and a doob

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I have a narrow canyon about 30 min drive with two mines in ,one with water.
there is nothing in the canyon as a target and it would shield me from any blast waves and the mines from the radiation.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I picked one hour because that is the estimated time most experts say we'd have for an unprovoked, first strike scenario. While the flight time is more like 30 minutes, it's believed there would be at least some posturing of other forces and certain chatter, that would indicate something of the scale of a first strike well before that.

Pretty decent article on prepping for it:
www.wikihow.com...

However, like many articles, they fail to mention the idea of taking some Potassium Iodide pills just before your area would feel the effects. This will protect your thyroid from injury due to radiation exposure. You can get these pills pretty easily online.
edit on 8-3-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I actually looked at a couple that were for sale over by Whittier, but that's been maybe 13 years ago. They would be inaccessible in the winter though and you would likely be fighting off the thousands who likely know where they are. It looked like a few people were living in them then.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
create or activate a facebook account?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join