It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew a nuclear missile was inbound to your area, and you had an hour before it hit....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I got two bottles of Seagrams seven crown in my pantry. My luck I won't have any seven up

I also usually have three pounds of bacon in the freezer and some other goodies that are not supposed to be good for you if you eat too much. The gas grill will be full of meats, and I will eat up the ice cream, I won't have to worry about the ice cream giving me a headache the next morning.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'd go out like that dude from Pompeii.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I live in a remote area, by choice, plenty of everything necessary to survive for a very long time. I’d hate to be living in or near a city if something like this ever goes down because it will become hell on earth. Then again, with all major metro areas being wiped out...well, there won’t be another Democrat President elected for decades.
edit on 7-3-2018 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Back in the 80's it was reported that ground zero for an attack by Russia was less then 1 mile from my house. I have a fallout shelter that was built in the 50's at the end of my street. I can be underground in less then 10 minutes. Not sure I'd want to survive a nuclear war.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Having survived the Cold War, when we were all concerned with this question (as well as confused as to why school desks were somehow nuclear-blast-proof), I have an answer for it.

I will jump in my car and drive as hard as I can toward the target, until I hear the missile. Then I will stop, get out of the car, and watch the first, last, and only time I will ever get to see a real nuclear explosion.

Point being, a nuke has a pretty wide range, much more than one could escape within an hour. The chances are pretty fair that whether I try to see the blast or not, I'm vaporized. If not, it is almost a certainty I will spend the rest of my (few) days rotting away from the radiation sickness before finally falling down. That's a painful way to go. I'd just as soon not try for that option. If I gotta go out, I'm going out standing up, not cowering in a corner somewhere hoping for the impossible.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Alert all of my family and friends to find the nearest accessible underground location within 30 minutes distance from their location.
Underground locations such as Subway/Trolly stations. Large hotel or building basements. Worst case mine excavation sites. Or industrial building sub basements. Again worst case last two options. Then try to do the same after trying to help.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Nahhhn ... landlines, portables, internet
all communications systems will be down

Stay at home, invite the neighours round
and make like bunnies

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
what would i do ? - who knows

i has faces several situations where i and // or others reaslistically expected me to be dead within 60 minutes

meh - we`all have to die sometime

the one usefull obervation i will add to this thread is :

imagine the reactions of all the people who do utterly insane stuff thinking "we will all be dead anyway - so no consquences "when - the missile impacts and - no detonation - the little fat cockwomble has shot a blank

ooops

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I will be mildly embarrassed for a short while and I would have to return my Cameo word up cod piece.
But that or maybe burn? I think the embarrassment would turn to joy.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Back in the 80's it was reported that ground zero for an attack by Russia was less then 1 mile from my house. I have a fallout shelter that was built in the 50's at the end of my street. I can be underground in less then 10 minutes. Not sure I'd want to survive a nuclear war.

Unless you live near the Pentagon, that isn't true.

The restaurant in the center of the Pentagon is called ground zero.

Rumor has it that Russia's largest weapon is centered on the weather vane that is above it.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think the shockwave of a modern nuke is something overlooked very often...

I've thought about it a lot. I mean, the shockwave from a modern nuke could potentially travel hundreds of miles.. That one factor alone is scary as Hell. I mean, I don't think most people can imagine the scale of that type of shockwave. Hearts would explode on impact.

We should also mention the initial blindness that would occur for anyone directly looking at the blast, even from miles away. Then the deafness that would happen due to the shockwave seconds or minutes later blowing eardrums out.. Even if we could survive it.....we would come out of it deaf and blind. That's crazy!

Mountain areas may help to dull this effect, but even if the radioactive effects were proven as fear mongering conspiracy fake bs, we would still be dealing with other very devistating factors.

edit on 7-3-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: wantsome

Unless you live near the Pentagon, that isn't true.

The restaurant in the center of the Pentagon is called ground zero.

Rumor has it that Russia's largest weapon is centered on the weather vane that is above it.
What are you talking about? weather vane? My area was to be 1 of many targets across the country. One because of our industry and 2 because of our military base. Because of proximity of where I live it was a priority target. We do a lot of military manufacturing in my area.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If I am at work I'm screwed,at home depending on the time of day I'm still probably screwed. Slight chance I could get on the road heading to the mountains in such a short period of time. Once it's announced its going to chaos, best option keep your ear to ground and hopefully be in position to bug out early. Family is to spread out to gather up and go together, we got a general area where we would all try and get too sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
A very interesting thread and I did read all of the posts here.
My coffee cup is empty and I need a refill soon.What has me
amazed is too many members giving way too much info about
their bug-out places.
Since I only have an hour and it's not enough time for me to
get to my bug-out place.I will just stay at home with my husband
and our cat,read from our Bible,listen to some music and wait
for the bomb to hit.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Day with little warning I couldn't get to the cave so i would have to ride it out. I'm across the lake from Chicago so I would enjoy seeing it go but it's only 55 miles and the wind wouldn't take long. Good shelter in the basement built in the 50's . After a week try to head out on foot probably

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What would be worse, dying or surviving?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Astonishing part is the one (s) who attempt to start and launch are tucked safe away in space or underground/ sea.

Why the masses are depopulated 🤔

Are "we" that gullible? And distracted class?

Quantum mechanics can cut and extract planet interior holdout.
Remove them from site like infestation without them knowing the part of land the hid inside of is now like ant farm.

Contained transport encased?

Its already written who won...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I'm about 50 miles due east from what was then considered a secondary target. Meaning the first nukes would go off elsewhere, but they would still get to me pretty quickly. The mountain behind me would divert most of the shock wave, and deflect the blast of light. If I stayed here, I'd likely survive the initial blast.

But...

What this mountain couldn't protect me from would be the EMP... all unshielded electronics (and some lightly shielded) would be burnt out. That includes cell towers, Internet communications, etc. so I'd be in the dark. The shock wave might have been deflected, but there would likely be enough damage to easily have knocked out power (and the local power production facility would be gone... it's almost ground zero for that target). Prevailing winds would bring the radiation cloud directly over my area before I could escape.

People west of the mountains would be vaporized. People in them and east would die in absolute agony within days from the radiation, with no chance to even let anyone know. Not my idea of a fun vacation. If I lived 100 miles further away, maybe it would be worth trying to survive; this close? Nah, not worth it.

As you say, the consequences are far greater than just the ones that make the headlines in people's imaginations.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Search for my thread on this in SURVIVAL FORUM on what to do in the 1st hrs after....

Cannot link ATS thread right now

edit on 7-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Me ? why....I'd pop the top on that can a spinach.....like my daddy woulda!!!!

send rgar sucker outbound....
edit on 7-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join