It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew a nuclear missile was inbound to your area, and you had an hour before it hit....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
It's nice living here in the high desert rockies. An hr is plenty of time to make it to my hideout on the motodirt but it might not even be worth the effort if it's to close. Radiation, coupled with bio/chem, what's the point; can't escape the wind....
edit on 6-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:55 PM
Depends, If its just me that knows its coming then I know I have time to escape the dead zone.

If its me and 500k other people trying to use the same roads, sit at home have sex with the wife crack my best bottle of scotch and wait for the light to flash.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:57 PM

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Scrubdog

Time to call your admin, your sarcasm detection algorithm is either corrupted or missing.

Godzilla musta ate it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:01 PM
One of the reasons we stopped doing the drills in schools during the 60's was a realization it was all a worthless endeavor.

A one hour warning is not going to happen and in the fifteen minutes you might have, you can't escape to anywhere.

I'd hold loved ones close and wish the world goodbye. Those at ground zero would have the most humane death.
edit on 3/6/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:02 PM

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: 3daysgone

Why not raise the minimum age to buy nuclear weapons.

It's only common sense.

Excellent suggestion.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:06 PM
a reply to: Gazrok

Running is pointless.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:19 PM
Its not like it was, now a days you will be looking at 1-2 kiloton yield, not the Tzar Bomba.

Purpose will be to strike key points leaving the majority of the country open to be conquered, Military bases, Airports large enough for military planes, power plants, communication hubs, dams things like that.

If you are not right up against these types of locations and not downwind immediate survival is probable not just possible.

ETA: I am sure there would also be chemical, and biological warheads as well, have a vague memory of a warhead (name escapes me) with very low radiation but still deadly enough to kill people exposed shortly after the explosion yet not destroy the environment.
edit on 6-3-2018 by Irishhaf because: additional thought.

ETA: using Blaines map a 5kt is all you need for a decent sized military base, with max casualties on base, but as long as you are not downwind minimal casualties in a nearby city. (using Tinker as my test on the map)

edit on 6-3-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
Currently, it takes me 6 minutes to get home, driving the speed limit. And I am lucky to have several routes, off the highway.

So after playing with that fun nuke map, I would be toast if Lansing got hit, but I could still be toast at home. If it was over Detroit, I would have a much better chance.

So, as I've told my boys, come to the house. We can either all go together, or possibly survive together in the basement.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:34 PM
a reply to: Gazrok links to a parked domain?

Has it been nuked!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:36 PM
a reply to: badw0lf

Try this.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:41 PM
Try to leave, with bug out bag loaded, but an hour won't mean much besides being slightly out of the initial blast zone. Any which direction highways out will be jammed, of course. Might as well dig a bunker now.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:46 PM

originally posted by: Jefferton
Whiskey. Cigarettes. Sex.

Repeat until death.

But cigarettes can kill you.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:09 PM
a reply to: Gazrok

Great question OP! And great thread S&F
I like your assessment of the movie theatre option. If you made good time you could even maybe fire up the projector one last time...

I keep tabs on a number of abandoned and forgotten underground facilities near me, I think that would be my best bet. If I could make a hidden stash of water food and diesel I would really be set. As it stands I would not stand too good of a chance without...

Maybe I would just light up a nice warm fire

The abandoned railroad tracks idea is brilliant as well to escape the jams and raiders...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
the first to die are the lucky ones because they dont have to deal with the fallout. so it depends how close or how far from the impact zone I am.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:52 PM

originally posted by: Jefferton
Whiskey. Cigarettes. Sex.

Repeat until death.

Two out of three ain't to bad for accelerants, bud.
For my end, the little lady is about an hour away in GREAT
traffic: so I guess boilermakers, bombers, and lotion. Belay
that latter... I might tear something off and bleed out before
they declare a falsie. Damn it I'm on a roll tonight. NOT.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:14 PM
We've been led to believe a big hoax

Death Object: Exploding The Nuclear Weapons Hoax Paperback – April 27, 2017
by Akio Nakatani (Author)

This is a good book. Prof. Akio Nakatani has carefully checked the 1942/5 American war time scientific research and industrial developments to produce three nuclear terror bombs and concludes that (1) military explosive fission producing in nano-seconds a FLASH and radiation vaporizing any observer in the vicinity and making the ground inhabitable for 500 years doesn't work and is propaganda any time, (2) that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed spring 1945 by standard napalm carpet bombings, and (3) that the the whole show of American a-bombs destroying Hiroshima and Nagasaki late summer August 1945 was pure propaganda to scare the # out of normal people. The towns were already destroyed, which was kept secret by Japanese and American censorship.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:14 PM

originally posted by: peck420
1hr until impact?

A bottle of scotch, my wife, the hottie two doors down that keeps offering...and, if I have enough time left, a lawn chair on the roof with my best shades on, to enjoy the show.

Or I hit the highway and am quite a ways out of a 100MT blast radius, if a certain nuclear website is to be believed.

Pfft, it will hit while I am still trying to decide on the option to go with.

Wow Peck... maybe it was just me noticing the optional
But something twisted in my head deciphered nummy
option # 3 as your greased-up lawn chair and the Agent
Smiths with nothing else. PS I AM NOT a freemason.

Of course the girls are gota laugh at that one anyway.
It's all fun and games until they get tossed for a $30
chaise lounge and a tube of K-Y... I need a break.

EDIT to the OP: Reality dictates we'll probably get
75 seconds of CD sirens and the EMP whap ...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:16 PM
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Let’s get back to the misconceptions. All three are incorrect. Nuclear weapons can be detonated anywhere. However, for a given location, the sun has to be in a position relative to that detonation location such that, the geometric harmonics are present for the nuke to go off and cause massive collateral damage. If the harmonics are not present, you won’t have massive damage of an area and will probably (we think) just get a large release of radiation.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:20 PM
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
"Nuclear Hoax - Nukes Do Not Exist"

Eric Dubay
Published on Dec 29, 2017
The following documentary explores the truth about nuclear energy and the surprisingly abundant evidence that nuclear weapons are a hoax. Many of the nuclear explosion videos we have all seen and presumed real are shown to be complete fakes using model trees, houses and cars exploding on a set. The destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not the result of one large explosion as advertized, but rather the result of a fire-bombing campaign comparable to Tokyo’s fire-bombed remains. Hiroshima and Nagasaki also never experienced anything like the hundreds or thousands of years of radiation predicted by nuclear scientists, in fact, vegetation began growing within a month after the bombing

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:13 PM
a reply to: schuyler

wow thats what i was thinking as i read your comment... to the word !

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>