It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20-year-old sues Dick's, Walmart over new gun policies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: neo96

As long as the company they are buying it from allows it of course, if not they can find dozens of other places that will be more than happy to sell it to them.

Do you want the government regulating what companies can and can't do? If so, that's extremely surprising coming from you.

You don't honestly expect a direct answer to any of your questions, do you?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah it is crazy.

If the left gets to tell them what to do.

SO DOES THE RIGHT.

Democracy in action.

DEAL.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As long as the company they are buying it from allows it of course, if not they can find dozens of other places that will be more than happy to sell it to them.

Do you want the government regulating what companies can and can't do? If so, that's extremely surprising coming from you.

You don't honestly expect a direct answer to any of your questions, do you?

Ever going to grow up?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That's not democracy, that's authoritarianism. A company choosing not to sell weapons to certain age groups is not the same as the government making a law. You're getting your wires all criss-crossed.
edit on 3/6/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No, not at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That's not democracy, that's authoritarianism

That 20 year old in Portland already knows that.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

He has dozens of other options to buy his guns from. Like I said, one company's decision does not a law make.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Neo? I can imagine these same people arguing that Rosa Parks should have just kept her mouth shut and rode in the back.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
18 can go to war or even be drafted.

18 can vote.

18 should be the age to purchase.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

That's not democracy, that's authoritarianism

That 20 year old in Portland already knows that.

And what did that 20 year choose to do?

Work within the law instead of break it.

Sounds like an adult to me.

link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

We are not talking about laws here, This is not a government issue. We are talking about the rights of individuals and corporations that are selling the guns. Eighteen to twenty year olds are not a minority, this has nothing to do with sex or sexual preference. It is illegal in some cities, so go after the cities.

I am sure that the heads of Walmart consulted their powerful attorneys before passing this policy, it was not a whim. Every bigger decision that goes through a corporation is brought before a legal team before implementing. These people did not get rich by making fly by night decisions that open them up to lawsuits. I am betting Walmart attorneys will not even offer a settlement with this, just a big countersuit which will bankrupt the person filing it. Their actions on this are allowable, after all, you can refuse to serve people under the age of twenty one even though they are legal in other states, so by this precedence, a store should be able to refuse selling guns to these people. I sure wouldn't sue a big corporation over something like that, I could wind up hiring an attorney that would wipe out everything I own after the lawsuit was denied to pay for the lawyers of the corporation I sued.

There are other places that sell guns, Walmart is not the only place, just shop elsewhere. Walmart doesn't have good prices on guns, some sports stores have much better deals you can make. I am sixty two, if I was to want to buy a gun, I sure wouldn't go to Walmart to get one.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Neo? I can imagine these same people arguing that Rosa Parks should have just kept her mouth shut and rode in the back.

Yeah.

This is what passes for liberalism in the 21st century.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Your point?

Dick's hasn't broken any laws with their decision. If they did you'd have government regulating what a business can and can't do. I thought you guys were against that kind of thing? Small government right?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class

Not true
edit on 3/6/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Only when it is an issue they champion.. for everything else.... they could care less.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Were the ones defending that bakery's decision also telling Rosa Parks to sit down and shut up?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Reydelsol

Age discrimination is illegal.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

No, they weren't. Because it's just as wrong to force someone to sit where you want as it is to force someone to make a cake.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Tell that to alcohol and tobacco sales.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

They can choose to stop selling guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join