It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BCSO Captain that called for a perimeter at Stoneman Douglas identified

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In this case seems he's damned if he did advise, damned if he didn't.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

unlike vegas where many veterans and ems were pluggin holes right and left with fingers and kotex

but it is hard to know until reports come out

this could be different cause the shooter was highly trained by the same school to be a expert shot.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Exactly and am assuming it has to do with situational; examples such as Las Vegas. The emergency response, stuck with so little time, that quick judgment on certain people if even is all they had to go on to save people. It seems for many in mass causalities that they are out of luck as there's that short closing window of time to react.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Looking at that picture, he would be coming from the left (from the south to the north), and directly to the west of Bldg 1200 is another building. But he took up his position between the "700-800 buildings corridor/corner." So he didn't take a position between Bldg 1200 and the building to the west, so perhaps between that building to the west and the one due south? I really don't know. I don't think we have any way to know unless and until all the buildings are numbered for us.

Weirdly, I can find a map of the actual classroom layout complete with classroom numbers but I still haven't found a single map of the exterior that has buildings numbered.

In any event, his statement is very odd to me for a couple of reasons: he ran all the way up to building 1200, where the shooting was occurring, concluded that they weren't firecrackers but were actual gunshots, but that the gunshots were coming from outside, so he then moved away from building 1200 in between/into a corridor of buildings (which would hamper his ability to see anything but buildings, I would think), and then remained outside, but then told school staff to look at the video system which is on a 20 minute tape delay so they could obtain a description of the shooter even though we can hear over the radio people trying to find Peterson so he could get them into the video system....

Odd.

I also think, at least going by the statement from the attorney, that Peterson was in fact not the one radioing about seeing a student down on the athletic fields. Initially I thought that was him we can hear talking about it, but from the statement it reads that Peterson heard the traffic and it reinforced his belief the shooter was outside.

Bottom line, I agree entirely with you: unless and until we get a diagram of building numbers we're left trying to piece this aspect of the event together entirely on our own. It doesn't appear that the video will get released any time soon, if ever. When the officers in Baton Rouge were attacked a couple of years ago they put together a diagram of the entire event to show who was where, when they were there, and what happened. The way this seems to be going thus far, I don't have a ton of confidence that we'll get the same thing here.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

unlike vegas where many veterans and ems were pluggin holes right and left with fingers and kotex

but it is hard to know until reports come out

this could be different cause the shooter was highly trained by the same school to be a expert shot.

What the hell are you talking about? The school trained him yo be an expert shot Huh?

Do you just make things up as you go or?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

when i make things up they become truth so i quit that.

a little secret is that nic was on the high school shooting team and was an expert shoot.

it was reported early on but seems to be scrubbed now

perhaps it was false reporting but not likely

yes the school taught shooting but imo the problem with that is they started these youth in the sport in puberty which is too late to teach such. They need to learn before puberty.

btw shooting is an Olympic sport with medals and all

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

There is no highscool shooting team. You're making stuff up.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: howtonhawky

There is no highscool shooting team. You're making stuff up.

no just going off of reports givin in the first few days after.

i will check because possible some was using hyperbole and i took it for truth.

i think it is damn near impossible at this point to find the answer.

google breaks when you search for the term school shooters team

i can assure you this that there was a student that reported that he was on the school team

it will take looking at class schedules and such but i am not into that

edit on 9-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Exactly. It would not happen where I work because we are very aggressive. In our simulation training on this, our company took out 5 people from various floors. And believe me! Those kids were committed to their roll of playing unconscious and not helping. They deserved an Oscar for their limpness and doing nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join