It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump invaded/ liberated North Korea, he would be loved

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: SaturnFX

Fair enough.

The point is all out invasion isn't required to take out that gov't. Our surgery is much more precise than in the old days.

Not invade the first day. We aren't refighting WW2, yes..once all the major threats has been playstation removed first

Look, this is just my opinion, but my line in the sand is NK's nukes and ICBM development. That's it. We don't need to do SKs work for them at the expense of U.S. lives and money. Take that capability out out and to hell with both SK and NK.

Now SK's leader is going up north for a 'visit'. Could be good. Could be bad! Trump needs to let both know the nukes are out of any 'deal' the two make. Period.

After that. Leave them both alone. JMO, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Naturally but look at every other recently liberated country. Resistance to this very day.
Just saying.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Personally I believe it should be Russia and China and SK with support from the USA it shouldn't be our (USA) decision alone
cause i belive NK would give us a fight we wouldnt forget for some time! "the hasty blow often goes astray" why should we be the worlds policeman! i believe in a very strong military, strong intelligence! but for us and our allies protection but not for strong arm tactics! but it's not a perfect world and everybody wants to be the big boy on the block, I believe in live and let live but carry a big stick

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Who in this thread had been in NK. We only have assumptions and speculation.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I haven't been to Iraq or Afghanistan either tho!
Speculations abound.

a reply to: Trueman

edit on 6-3-2018 by Athetos because: S

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Trump isn't going to invade, nor will his kids; Trump will send other peoples children to fight and die.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump isn't going to invade, nor will his kids; Trump will send other peoples children to fight and die.

Just like every other president.
Nothing new there

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Kim has pulled the rug out from under Trumps feet , he's making sweet mood music with the South so any chance Trump had to invade (No chance really) has well and truly gone.

If you called being scared out of your mind pulling the rug out from under the one who scared you. Now Kim knows he doesn't have a choice but to play nice with his neighbors. Thanks President Trump for making Kim play nice. No invasion needed if Kim keeps towing the line.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Nothing new there

At least the Bush presidents served unlike Cadet bonespurs.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
But hey, if Jar Jar Binks landed in my space today, pointing a gun in my face, I'd also love Jar Jar Binks.

Or as toddlers and the elderly call him: "Baba Jinx".

Ooh, I just thought of a new horror movie!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Nothing new there

Sure enough! Hell, all the past presidents have served honorably! Especially that last one. A true war hero, and inspiration to us all.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Nothing new there

Clinton and Obama looked great in their uniforms too.
Band uniforms but uniforms none the less...

Military experiences used to be a positive for a presidential candidate, but not now.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
One of the first things that are likely to happen if we did invade is that those poor people who have nothing will be forced into defending NK and its tubby leader. They will die in huge numbers forced to fight for the very thing oppressing them.

There will also be a great deal of fear of the unknown. All many of them know is what they have now. They're told over and over that the US is evil and bad and the outside world must be kept out for their own good. I honestly can't see them holding out much hope that 'liberation' by the US/Trump will lead to anything good. What metric do they have to measure what is better? They're isolated and clueless. Most are uneducated. For all they know, they'll just end up in the same situation, just under a new tyrant.

Attacking NK is guaranteed to provoke China. China taking action will lead to a war on two fronts. That has the potential to escalate quickly to a full out world war. It's really not what we need, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Nothing new there

That is true. Then they 'served' TPTB instead of the people. Serving doesn't make or break a good President.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Was considering Trump's legacy and the latest news from NK and their desire to draw down their nuclear threat in order to maintain its independent nation (aka: they are shaking in their boots at the idea they would be toppled in a second and the people would dance).

GWB once claimed that the people would cheer when we liberated Iraq...that was moronic..because its filled with a bunch of radical (insert religion) who although oppressed, weren't isolated. They were actually quite liberated in regards of having common liberties. Middle east unfortunately needs a iron fisted dictator to keep in line the radical (insert religion)

Now, back to NK. Their liberation we already know what the results will be with a full and free north korea...we just have to eyeball the south for best results, or worst case scenario, the north...either way, both directions would be profoundly better than where they are now. The North Koreans, once set free to eat, talk, go online, have electricity, etc actually would be thankful. Donald uniting the south and north with the action (ideally), less friction between the US and China (we could heavily draw down the military in the south as there would be no reason to keep a mega military presence).

And eventually the people of the US...who loves a good solid victory where we both remove a threat along with catagorically helping out people who were oppressed, would credit the Don with the win.

So...I am on board (full disclosure, I've been on board of this since the late 90s...dammit...can't we find oil or something there so someone will get on board here!)

Its just a pipe dream I suppose, but hey, Don..if you're listening...imagine being the politician that resolved the eastern dilemma..

Um... No. Look at a map.. Invading is old school.. REALLY OLD school.

There will be no "invading" by either side. It's not necessary nor practical from either side either.

Watching too many movies..

PS. And the population of the country over there don't want us to liberate them anyway. They know no other way.
edit on 6-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

An unprovoked attack wouldn't make Trump loved.

A US President is not elected to be "loved" . They are elected to do a job.
Protect the US and it's people

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Tell that to the OP who posed the question to which I was replying.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Have you not been watching the news? More people are being found to be criminal. trump is in a downward spiral...BTW its not fake news, its The FBI saying this. Just because CNN or whatever news outlet reports it, does NOT make it fake news....
Litterally Sam Nunberg yesterday said trump was probably involved with the Russians. How damn much more do you people need to see trump is a crook? Guess when he is in an orange jumpsuite, then you people will get it....Oh no, wait, you can pay for his lawyers......Then claim FAKE ARREST.

edit on 6-3-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
No
No
No

The last thing we need is another war.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Uh the real issue is the occupation of North Korea. The moment there's an insurgency in occupied North Korea and body bags started piling up, Trump is gonna be hated.

I don't see that to be a likely outcome. NK isn't ruled by some religious fanaticism. Take out the northern leadership, open the door to the south, and within a couple years it will be as if the north has been part of the south the entire time.

And America can finally back out of the area.

or we can simply kick the can down the road again as Kimmy consolidates even more power and becomes closer to a full nuclear arsenal, but perhaps bio and chemical weapons also.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join