It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nothingburger with cheese

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: network dude

You mean this email that “explains “ they were meeting with Russian agents SPECIFICALLY to collude???

Good morning Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting. The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin. What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly? I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first. Best Rob Goldston

Yup.. definitely no evidence trump colluded with the Russians.. sure would be nice if maybe someone close to trump released an email specifically saying they colluded.

The email chain is pretty clear as to what happened, and the admission by Trump Jr about the meeting was pretty clear too. My OP was looking for the CRIME in the whole thing.

Can you cite the statute that was broken here, so we can all understand what in that meeting was illegal?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Uh, its not true, why have so many indictments gone out, that are all REAL. Not fake news. You have JR, Manafort, Papadopoulos, now we have Sam Nunberg, who says he thinks trump is dirty.

In case you did not know, this is an ONGOING investigation, that IS NOT FINISHED. Also It was reported TODAY Muller has something on TRUMP....LOL....you all just keep winning. Go ahead and make fun of me, you all look utterly ridiculous...

trump looks like he has not slept in weeks.......

link   

Uh, its not true, why have so many indictments gone out, that are all REAL. Not fake news. You have JR, Manafort, Papadopoulos, now we have Sam Nunberg, who says he thinks trump is dirty.

In case you did not know, this is an ONGOING investigation, that IS NOT FINISHED. Also It was reported TODAY Muller has something on TRUMP....LOL....you all just keep winning. Go ahead and make fun of me, you all look utterly ridiculous...

link   

link   

Let me also add, this case was going to be over "thanks giving" LAST YEAR.....Since January it has done nothing but be ramped up....

edit on 6-3-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Let me also add, this case was going to be over "thanks giving" LAST YEAR.....Since January it has done nothing but be ramped up....

Why is it, this is the only website my comments are repeatedly posted, after posting JUST ONCE....I am not fixing it this time....

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Automated emphasis.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Collusion is a political crime that could and should lead to empeachment..

Obstruction of justice is for trying to cover up that political crime.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You mean this email that “explains “ they were meeting with Russian agents SPECIFICALLY to collude???

Good morning Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting. The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin. What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly? I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first. Best Rob Goldston

Yup.. definitely no evidence trump colluded with the Russians.. sure would be nice if maybe someone close to trump released an email specifically saying they colluded.

The email chain is pretty clear as to what happened, and the admission by Trump Jr about the meeting was pretty clear too. My OP was looking for the CRIME in the whole thing.

Can you cite the statute that was broken here, so we can all understand what in that meeting was illegal?

Your OP put out an Op-Ed piece written the week after the release (the release they did 3 separate explanations of, and Hope Hicks promised would never come out, making a defense lawyer resign out of fear he was part of a cover up).

There are plenty of opinions regarding its lllegality, especially since the time your op-ed was written, much more has come out regarding the depth of Russian penetration, including the first indictments. Regardless:

More to the point Tuesday is whether Trump Jr. could be vulnerable under this federal election provision. “Those regulations define contributions to include ‘anything of value,’ and I would expect dirt on one’s opponent during a presidential election to qualify easily,” Chiraag Bains, a Harvard Law School fellow and former federal prosecutor, told me. “After all, campaigns often pay handsomely for such information. There could also be related exposure, such as conspiracy or obstruction, depending on what additional facts come out.” Rick Hasen, a University of California, Irvine, law professor who specializes in election law, wrote that the Goldstone email exchange was “pretty close to the smoking gun people were looking for.” The president’s son “appears to have knowledge of the foreign source and is asking to see it,” he added, noting that “such information can be considered a ‘thing of value’ for purposes of the campaign finance law.”

The statute is here: www.law.cornell.edu...

If there was a quid pro quo then it definitely becomes illegal.

If Trump acted like he cared at all about the U.S. citizens who may have voted for someone else, those votes he is doing nothing to protect, then it might make a difference in my mind. My mind is going forward, not backward, I don't care about sour grapes or that Hillary lost, I care about our vote being eroded and unprotected.

Per Charlie Pierce at Esquire:

It is an established fact that the Russians are planning to ratfck the 2018 midterm elections, which should surprise approximately nobody. The Congress earmarked $120 million for the State Department to use to counter this continuing assault on the country. Of that money, Tillerson and his undermanned operation have spent exactly zero dollars,

Your view of "nothing burgers" might be quite different if it was YOUR vote that the White House didn't care about. Oh, and I don't know what you did or didn't say about Obama in his years, but for the right to to lecture people on love when coming from the side that belittled Obama for 8 years as anything beyond someone who they disagreed with vehemently, but an honorable father and American underneath - which is is, that's pretty rich.

Again, don't know what you said about Obama, I won't put words in your mouth. But Obama did nothing but honor the office, and sure as hell cared about the integrity of the vote, as evidenced by the fact he DIDN"T bring this out during the campaign.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Oh, and if the "admission" was 'clear" why did it take 3 announcements to explain it? They directly contradicted themselves in the statements.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Here you go..here. REAL news from TODAY.....Should have been done MONTHS ago......

Now its still going to take MONTHS more....I guess slapping sanctions on Russia is not a priority, even after the POTUS, was informed we were "ATTACED" The POTUS should be OUTRAGED, yet he is not.......wake the hell up people. You can not possibly be this stupid....

"We will implement them," Mnuchin said. "I expect in next several weeks we'll be going forward with sanctions on Russia."

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The meeting wasn't illegal but I suspect you know that.
The collusion they were planning ,quid quo pro, pay a foreign government for dirt by promising policy that is favorable to them is the crime. Then of course there's the obstruction of justice to cover up collusion. But I think what has trump most worried is business dealings and money laundering that are coming to light. Mueller doesn't fish.
There's something on Cyprus. Then there's the messy business deals being made since he was elected. Let's shut down Qatar because they won't play ball with my son in law.
Let's also have meetings in the oval office and then get giant loans.
I don't know... There's so much that stinks.

He's toast.
You can see the smoke up and down the east coast.
Hillary is a saint compared to this dirty family.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
yeah....Mueller he'll FIND or ( has ) found something on HIM alright.....

Something like HE made ......

A $ 700,000.00 ......DOLLAR Mistake on A ( 2008 tax RETURN )...that they'll Try to CONVICT him

ON ! ? ! ? ! ! !?.....

edit on 6-3-2018 by THEREDUNDANT1 because: Because a little of this & a whole lotta THAT ! 😎

edit on 6-3-2018 by THEREDUNDANT1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Rachel Maddow, despised by the RW - being a Rhodes Scholar is a strike against you with the Right, being a lesbian is 2 strikes - does her usual very smart investigation and comes up with a very good question:

If this is a nothing burger of fake news, how can it result in real deaths?

From Jane Meyer of The New Yorker www.dailykos.com...

MAYER: One of the things I thought was really interesting point that was made by a former very top CIA official who I interviewed, who is an expert in the area of Russia, he said apropos that president trump said this was fake news, he said fake news doesn't produce real deaths. There were real repercussions from this dossier. Quite a few other things that happened to Steele's sources, that may have been Steele sources in Russia.

She also discussed how the Steele memo - a later, shorter memo done at the end of 2016, not related to campaign, said that Russia vetoed Romney as Sec. of State, and that Tillerson, friend of the Motherland was named. She makes an excellent point in noting that the entire Tillerson affair was bizarre. There is no direct proof yet, but it matches the facts we saw.

but one of the things that seems suspicious and kind of backs it up to some extent is that the circumstances of what happened with Romney, which was this very long prolonged process of him being interviewed for secretary of state. It seemed to go on and on. It was kind of humiliating. He was sort of dragged through dinners and the limelight and interviews and it was just odd and then in the end of it, trump decided not to pick him and very quickly and as a big surprise turned to Tillerson

The Right will counter with some story on a website no one's ever heard of and treat it as just as legit as The New Yorker reporting.

But for those in reality, this is compelling stuff bc it comports with everything we see with our own eyes.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: THEREDUNDANT1

That's what they got Al Capone on.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yep!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

What's it Called, when someone has determined the outcome, then takes a predetermined notion of the facts, to fit there determined outcome....whether it's the true outcome or NOT...?

SCIENTIST DO IT ALL THE TIME.....?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

This goes out to the multitudes,

For Quid pro Quo to exist, there must be a Quid, first and foremost, and of course a Quo.
Until anyone can offer anything but speculation that one or the other even exists, I suspect the meeting was the Russians telling him Obama was wiretapping him, and they found out while they were wire tapping him. Just as much proof exists for that to be equally as probable.

I thought you guys understood the law. If it's going to be your go to move, you should brush up on it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Did someone spike the punch bowl at cnn?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
what sounds more likely....

1. trump is a maniacal genius who colluded with russia to rig muricas election, while leaving no evidence in the age of tech with obama using his power to find dirt on trump

2. trump just got lucky and won?

hmmmmmm
edit on 6-3-2018 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join