It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Is Willing to Discuss Giving Up Nuclear Weapons, South Says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

know a little about SK myself.

of course there are always protesters but the majority of the people seem okay or even indifferent.

not like we have SK under a military dictatorship...oh wait thats NK.

Agreed I found the general public mostly indifferent to us being there....Just like passing anyone else in uniform really...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

people are quick to jump at the US bases there, but SK are no joke. if they really wanted us gone it would happen.

SK has one of the best militaries in the world. the sk sf's could take kim out by themselves if they really desired.

SK surly is not oppressed in any way by an american contingent(that was invited)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

of course there are always protesters but the majority of the people seem okay or even indifferent.

There were protesters when I was stationed in the UK. There's anti-war/anti-military people in every country, you're always going to have that.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
giving up nukes does not sound like any kinda fun

no offer from the usa to turn the program into an energy source for them?

just get rid of the weapons or we will continue to starve your people and put the blame on you

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
giving up nukes does not sound like any kinda fun

no offer from the usa to turn the program into an energy source for them?

just get rid of the weapons or we will continue to starve your people and put the blame on you

You might want to lay off the propaganda and learn some actual history.

North Korean famine

A few interesting gems:

Only about 20% of North Korea's mountainous terrain is arable land. Much of the land is only frost-free for six months, allowing only one crop per year. The country has never been self-sufficient in food, and many experts considered it unrealistic to try to be.

On 26 December 1991, the Soviet Union fell, ending all aid and trade concessions, such as cheap oil.[7] Without Soviet aid, the flow of imports to the North Korean agricultural sector ended, and the government proved too inflexible to respond.[13] In 1991, energy imports fell by 75%.[14] The economy went into a downward spiral, with imports and exports falling in tandem. Flooded coal mines required electricity to operate pumps, and the shortage of coal worsened the shortage of electricity. Agriculture relied on electrically powered irrigation systems and artificial fertilizers and pesticides, and it was hard hit by the economic collapse.

The economic decline and failed policies provided the context for the famine, but the floods of the mid-1990s were the immediate cause. The floods in July and August 1995 were described as being "of biblical proportions" by independent observers.[23] They were estimated to affect as much as 30 percent of the country.

North Korea's vulnerability to the floods and famine was exacerbated by the failure of the public distribution system.[5] The regime refused to pursue policies that would have allowed food imports and distribution without discrimination to all regions of the country.[5] Food was distributed to people according to their political standing and their degree of loyalty to the state.[32] The system was created by Cabinet Decrees 96 and 102 in November 1957.

North Korea has not yet resumed its self-sufficiency in food production and it relies on external food aid from South Korea, China, the United States, Japan, the European Union and others. In 2002, North Korea requested that food supplies no longer be delivered.

The evil US did not cause their problems.

ETA: The sanctions against NK are bans on luxury goods, precious metals, arms, etc. We're essentially giving them food for free. They're not starving because of our sanctions.
edit on 7 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Yes because it's totally the US fault they CHOOSE to spend their money on making nukes instead of developing plants for power , or better quality of life for their people....

It's the US fault that if you try to escape they kill you and enslave your family for generations.....

I could go on, but perhaps you should stop listening to whoever is indoctrinating you and actually educate yourself....

There are plenty of documentaries out there w live footage frokm inside NK that confirms all this

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It's the younger generations man.......they no longer do their own research....

On top of it the culture any more is so short on attention span, if it isn't spoon fed to them or in a sound bite, they are totally ignorant

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Anybody remember Pearl Harbor?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Who cares? They should not negotiate with that man unless he turns himself into authorities and stands trial for his crimes against his people and the dictatorship in that country is completely dismantled. As long as that government stays in place the country is a threat to humanity as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I disagree i do not think it is the us fault

nor i have i seen anything other than propaganda on both sides.

is this the live feeds you spoke of?

I see what you mean now

edit on 10-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

My town isn't a country of 50 million plus. Not to mention the first class military that SK possesses.

So whatever point you think you're made missed its mark.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: intrptr

My town isn't a country of 50 million plus. Not to mention the first class military that SK possesses.

So whatever point you think you're made missed its mark.

Point being... if any other countries military occupied your country, city, state with tens of thousands of soldiers, bases, aircraft, missiles, heavy armaments, nukes even-- and get this-- they do it 'for your own good', because your gubment 'invited them' ...

...sinking in yet?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join