It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God as an Atheist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: AlienView
I'm imagining...

So god tried to convince us not to war and he failed?

I prefer to think he's Old Testament god and just loves wailing on people.

Yeah, let's get biblical!!

Some just don't understand free will.

or Ego or greed or sloth or covet thy own body.

or kill anyone for no reason.

God gave you choices, like conservatives or to an extent, libertarians.

BUT! there is a price to pay for that.

Kardashians and Trump.

Your brother in law, first wife, son in law, yourself.

So live it up until the check comes!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: AlienView

More bass, mon.

Or Cowbell.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The OP definitely has some screws loose or might have lost his mind all together. Not even going to entertain this one.

Let me know when the spaceship fleet gets here to show us de whey. LMFAO.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
“To you, I'm an atheist. To God, I'm the loyal opposition.”
― Woody Allen

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning...”
― C.S. Lewis

“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

"“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
― Charles Bukowski

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clearheaded science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about the atoms this much: There is no matter as such! All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particles of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. . . . We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
― Max Planck, The New Science

“The cosmos is within us. We are made of star-stuff. We are a way for the universe to know itself.”
― Carl Sagan

- AlienView

Universal Space Alien Peoples Association
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Or can we believe what we choose to believe and let God or whatever it is we all don't or do not believe in sort it out when we die.

You can't convince someone to change their beliefs. Some reason atheists don't understand how to leave people alone.
edit on 6-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Did you remember the movie The Matrix?

The Architect said:
"The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect. It was a work of art. Flawless. Sublime. A triumph only equaled by its monumental failure."

So he has to make it imperfect, but how?
Answer:
The Architect: " As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly ninety-nine percent of the test subjects accepted the program provided they were given a choice - even if they were only aware of it at a near-unconscious level. While this solution worked, it was fundamentally flawed, creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that, if left unchecked, might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those who refused the program, while a minority, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster."

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
For those who believe in god, what do you gain, that an unbeliever can’t get without this belief?
edit on 6-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Abednego

For those who believe in god, what special knowledge do you gain, that an unbeliever can’t understand?

The ability to discern between good, bad and just. Believers tend to rely too much in faith and hope, but forget that they have the power to make things work they way they want.
There is a science in spirituality, that gives you the ability to stay who you are beyond the physical realm. This is not about religion. This instructions are hidden all over the world in ancient books.
Is not just about knowledge. Knowledge alone does not prove anything, is useless. But to put that knowledge into practice, that is where you start to gain insight of what is beyond.

Unbelievers will never understand why to believe in the existence of a superior eternal being that created us and the universe. They usually need to have the experience. But the knowledge is not for everyone. Is out there for everyone to read but not everybody will understand.

Mathew chapter 13:9-13
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Where did I go wrong?

Nickelback

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

For those who believe in god, what do you gain, that an unbeliever can’t get without this belief?

Hope

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Silly question, don'tcha think?

Its a comfort..a crutch in some cases.

Trapped say, under a rock in the middle of nowhere waiting to die, it gives you someone to talk to. Get diagnosed with something, gives you someone to negotiate with, etc.

As far as quantifiable results..thats a bit more tricky...but with the same dismissal of what does someone in love get verses someone who never loved. Hard to show materialistically, even arguably a person in love loses stuff verses the person who never loved keeping all, but its still worth it because love gives the intangible thing that is priceless.

(btw, agnostic-atheist, but I know full well the draw of belief)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

For those who believe in god, what special knowledge do you gain, that an unbeliever can’t understand?

The ability to discern between good, bad and just. Believers tend to rely too much in faith and hope, but forget that they have the power to make things work they way they want.
There is a science in spirituality, that gives you the ability to stay who you are beyond the physical realm. This is not about religion. This instructions are hidden all over the world in ancient books.
Is not just about knowledge. Knowledge alone does not prove anything, is useless. But to put that knowledge into practice, that is where you start to gain insight of what is beyond.

Unbelievers will never understand why to believe in the existence of a superior eternal being that created us and the universe. They usually need to have the experience. But the knowledge is not for everyone. Is out there for everyone to read but not everybody will understand.

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Do you really think that atheist cannot tell the difference between good and bad?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Hope
Do you really think that atheists are in capable of understanding what Hope is?
Your assertion that atheists don’t understand this, tells me that you think atheists are somehow beneath you and not capable of feeling human emotions.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Wouldn't you like to know!

Seriously.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Do you really think that atheist cannot tell the difference between good and bad?

Who's good? Yours? Mine?

Hitlers?

Obamas?

Where do you set your bar for good?

Good gets problematic if it's subjective.

There has to be an objective good, like objective truth.

Otherwise, anything goes and anyone can end up on the #end of the stick.

edit on 3 6 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Sorry if that was misleading. I meant that for the believers. They rely too much in their religion that everything beside that is bad. Most of them only work on their religion and forgot to work in their spirituality.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Sorry if that was misleading. I meant that for the believers. They rely too much in their religion that everything beside that is bad. Most of them only work on their religion and forgot to work in their spirituality.

Really.

How droll.

And what spirituality do atheists have to work with?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Really.

How droll.

Well if atheist do not believe in a spiritual being there is no reason for spirituality.
They can be good persons, law abiden citizens.
edit on 6-3-2018 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Really.

How droll.

Well if atheist do not believe in a spiritual being there is no reason for spirituality.
They can be good persons, law abiden citizens.

Oh, like a law abien Nazi.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yeah.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join