It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My child is having the same hallucinations I once did

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I agree. She had an eye exam a few months ago and came out with perfect vision. I think her eyes blasting open with an upset tummy and a fever is what probably caused it. I still remember it happening to me as a child when I was healthy and awake, though. But we all know how reliable child hood memories are haha

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: qiwi676

Well, it certainly could be attributed to a high fever. My children's father's family has had paranormal type stuff sort of follow them for years and when my daughter began being sick...I of course at first attributed that to that.
She has had all of the medical testing possible, counseling and medication. Due diligence on our part. She is now 20 and has seemed to be in a place of 'remission'?
We're not sure but are incredibly grateful and she is somewhat functioning, not at a 100% level but, doing very well and medication free. She has even begun ghost hunting with her father and it has not triggered any of the old hallucinations or migraines or any other physical or psychological symptoms that she once had.
The only 'oddity' it seems is that she had mono and a rather traumatic break up with a boy around the same time that it all began and well, it has moved on at least temporarily.
Good luck to you and your child and I hope that you check in with updates.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'm not assuming any medical thing because you said is already happened to you too.
So there must be a relation. A few questions: Is anybody in the house working with any kind of spiritual stuff? Oujia?
Or in the past someone in your family did something like that? Or worse?
Did the room feel heavy?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
As others have already indicated, I suspect the problem is physical as well.
Check out this article and see if anything mentioned fits.

www.healthline.com...

Oscillopsia
Causes
Symptoms
Treatment
Diagnosis
Associated conditions
Outlook
Overview
Oscillopsia is a vision problem in which objects appear to jump, jiggle, or vibrate when they’re actually still. The condition stems from a problem with the alignment of your eyes, or with the systems in your brain and inner ears that control your body alignment and balance.

What are the symptoms?
The main symptom of oscillopsia is jumpy vision. Objects that are still — like a stop sign or tree — look like they’re shaking or vibrating.

People with oscillopsia describe symptoms like these:

jumping, jittery, wobbly, or shimmering vision
blurred or fuzzy vision
trouble focusing
double vision
nausea
dizziness
vertigo, a sensation like the room is spinning

As others have already said, see your doctor about it.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Crazy, I used to get this also. At least from how you describe it. Nothing would wobble though, but I could stare at something, the black and white tv for instance, and if I let my focus relax, I could suddenly see it as if it were a giant tv set but very very far away. I have done it with my monitor too, I quite enjoy the illusion.

I didn't intend on being able to do it as a kid, it just happened and I was intrigued. I was very into visual illusions, 3D and cross eyed illusions with repeating patterns. Bit of a nutter perhaps lol

But it's weird to know others had similar if not the same illusions.

This is like learning about ASMR for the first time and realising others too get those strange tingles from people making certain sounds or repeating certain movements, and that someone had actually given it a name, when for all of my life I thought it was just me, and didn't even bother to question it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Not the exact same thing, but I would have a similar experience or at least comparable. I think as kids we just assume it happens to everyone so we don't make a big deal about it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

No. No one does any spiritual things. I am a yogi and meditate fairly often but that is about it. As far as the room feeling heavy. I don't recall anything from my experience and my daughter never mentioned anything like that.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Yes indeed. I myself started to be fascinated by it the more it happened. But like I said in an earlier reply, it stopped at some point in my childhood and I could never duplicate the illusion.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've had a visual flub a few times where everything appears to be shrinking, and yet staying the same size.
I know that probably doesn't make sense to most, but it's the best I can describe it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

no matter the facts of the cause, first and foremost, ease her fears, tell her something innocuous about it, that its just natures way of helping her wake up or something benign like that,

dont go getting all spiritual or theoretical or any such thing like that about it until shes an adult or atleast close to it,

reason being children feel safe when they think their parents know all, its once children realize their parents are clueless or powerless about something that fear of the world is born in their minds. of course an inevitable event for everyone but best delayed till the teen years when the mind is better prepared to handle it.

also if it gets worse def have some brain scans done, just to be sure, better safe then sorry.
edit on 6-3-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Back when I first started to really feel ill, something similar happened to me. I was sitting there when suddenly, I got total tunnel vision. My view shrunk to only what was directly in front of me and seemed to get small and far away. I could hear everything going on around me, but it was muffled and strange sounding. I could move my hands/fingers but that was about as far as it went. Fuzzy and heavy is what I remember of the sensation during it all.

After it was over, I did some searching and it seemed at the time that it may have been sleep paralysis. It fit, but seemed odd in that I was totally awake just before this happened. I was very stressed and not feeling well and getting very little sleep, so I suppose it was possible I dropped off into a snooze.

Later on however, I started to experience bouts of dizzyness. When they happened, my vision swam in and out and became far away appearing. I could see people around me, just that everything had an odd quality to it. Also, I'd have to stop right where I was or risk falling. (I did fall twice and broke both ankles. Still really panicked about falling while going down steps to this day.) I now think the first episode was a dizzy spell as well in hindsight, but who knows.

My dizzy spells were due to extreme anemia which restricted oxygen carrying capacity. Low oxygen to the brain = dizzyness/passing out.

Sounds like your kiddo is healthy though, not an old wreck like me, heh.

Really up to you, but maybe a doc visit just in case? Often, doctors don't look at certain things if they don't have the cues to know what to look for. May be nothing at all, but could be something at that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join