It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Definitions"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
In light of all the various discussions of religions, beliefs, views, G-d, Hell, Heaven, the Multi-verse, Angels, Demons, etc., I have come to realize that we all have varing 'definitions' or 'concepts' or 'interpretations' of these respective subjects. But deep down, I have a sneaking feeling that we're all on the same page, per se'.

I believe the trouble with people, humans, is that for the most part, we really only understand things on our own terms, definitions, concepts, and interpretations but also in relation or based on the writings of Man. In light of this, most people have to imagine a G-d as an individual who is All Powerful, and having created or started the Multi-verse and Everything within. Because we are, indeed, born and then die -- that is we have a beginning and an end -- we don't have the ability to relate to something which has no true beginning or end. Also, most of us, for the most part, do have a distinct sense of individuality and therefore are hard pressed to imagine something which isn't individual but All Encompassing.

What is outside the Multi-verse? There can't be an 'outside of the Multi-verse'; by definition, it is everything. Does this imply the Multi-verse is another way of saying G-d?

It is also quite apparent that everyone seems to have a sense of an omnipotent force, which would include all of us. This does imply that G-d is indeed Everywhere, yet we choose to separate ourselves for the sake of definitions, concepts, and/or interpretations and the writings of Man. Though we are all the same, we come from the same "stuff", there is great unity within diversity, which is sadly, often ignored or denied or belittled or misunderstood, etc.

Any thoughts........as 'Toltec' would say?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure that there is a universe.

Why is there only one 'verse'?

Because you can't imagine anything outside it, or in between the little cracks, or what is between the little cracks must by definition be part of the universe, and that you cannot fight nature, because fighting nature is part of nature too.

Whether or not the universe you choose to live in is expanding or static, it seems reasonable to talk about a multiverse. Unless you want to argue that the monodeity that created the universe you know created all that there is to know.

I don't buy that, or hamburgers from McDonalds.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Noted and I will change it to 'multi-verse'.

Are you now going to give a response other than just 'word' pick me?

Thanks MA.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I agree, there is definitely more than one "universe".

Each time we make a choice in reality, a sperated univererse is created, a duplicant of the last one except with one minor change... You are copied into each universe, thus creating the infinte paradox scenario... This happens for each person for each choice they make...

This means there are already an infinte number of universes in existence, more being created every second...

Which one has the real you in it? That's your decision...

Think on it, Tassadar

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
From the standpoint of simple cosmological expansion a conclusion that can be drawn is related to expansion upon the Quantum scale.

From this perspective what we call the universe may in fact be an atom with respect to what is reality. To take this one step further that may be all it ever was and is.

Reality may in fact be far vaster and older that we currently have the ability to count.

As far as God is concerned that it is claimed we are
made in his image perhaps should be taken from the
context of being a generalization.

Any thoughts?

new topics

top topics

join