It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Well Your government have not produced any thing but accusations. Dont you demand that Your government provide evidence to support their accusation?

The government have stated that they have intelligence that the nerve agent came from a Russian state source. This is based on the assessment of Porton Down and based on the joint investigation of MI5, SIS and SO15 along with other investigating partners. So far I have not seen any evidence that contradicts these claims.

Russia have done this before, they are known to lie, they have the means, the motive to kill a former spy and so on.

So for me that is enough.

Why do i have to provide something Your government dont even do?

You don't have to do anything.

But if you are saying "I believe Russia is being framed" then unless you can provide some kind of evidence and solid argument to back that up then it is a opinion that is no more valid than saying "I believe I am Jesus H Walker Christ the 3rd Son of God"

By all means feel free to continue with your believe that the Russians are being set up, just don't expect it to be taken very seriously unless you can back it up.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Sure, that's one way to look at it. Perhaps though there's also merit to this scenario:

Sell enough Russian "horror stories" to the public and world-at-large, in order to gain justification for all the more economic sanctions against Russia (while at the same time propping up a rebellious movement within Russia) - in hopes to cause enough internal dissent/uprising so that the Russian regime can finally be overthrown and replaced by pro-western puppets. A bit of a longer term chess game going on perhaps.

At the end of the day all we have is our speculations though... certainly none us have the facts is all I'm getting at.

edit on 13/3/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Sell enough Russian "horror stories" to the public and world-at-large, in order to gain justification for all the more economic sanctions against Russia (while at the same time propping up a rebellious movement within Russia)

There's a rebellion movement in Russia? But I thought Putin was universally loved! And as for sanctions:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I'd be interested to know what you make of Litvinenko's death. Plenty of evidence provided in the murder inquiry pointed to an actual suspect.

What evidence do you want at this stage? The ball is in Russia's court at the moment.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I'd be interested to know what you make of Litvinenko's death. Plenty of evidence provided in the murder inquiry pointed to an actual suspect.

What evidence do you want at this stage? The ball is in Russia's court at the moment.

I would second that actually, would be investing to know what those who think this is a false flag type event thought of Litvinenkos death or Anna Politkovskaya's death or Viktor Yushchenko's poisoning, the shooting of Boris Nemtsov ohhh and Boris Berezovsky and there was also Sergei Yushenkov. Quite a few actually thats just a small snap shot.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
There's a rebellion movement in Russia? But I thought Putin was universally loved!

I think Putin does a much better job at keeping western influences from "meddling" and creating/propping up rebellious movements/dissent within his borders (as they've done so effectively in many other nations) - but anyone who wholly believes one side "good" and the other side "bad" in such black and white terms... is extremely naive to say the least.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

There's a rebellion movement in Russia? But I thought Putin was universally loved!

I think Putin does a much better job at keeping western influences from "meddling" and creating/propping up rebellious movements/dissent within his borders (as they've done so effectively in many other nations) - but anyone who wholly believes one side "good" and the other side "bad" in such black and white terms... is extremely naive to say the least.

Finish your thought: Putin does a better job at keeping western influence from meddling than the west does from Russian meddling. Agreed. You are the one seeing things in black and white. Western intelligence agencies get up to all sorts of mischief. In this case, however, it is Russia that benefits, not Britain or its allies.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Finish your thought: Putin does a better job at keeping western influence from meddling than the west does from Russian meddling. Agreed.

You make it sound like I was trying to be sly about it? The emphasis I placed on the word "meddling" was telling enough, no?

You are the one seeing things in black and white. Western intelligence agencies get up to all sorts of mischief.

Again... more or less repeating what I've been saying (as if I said otherwise) and somehow I'm the one seeing things black and white, righto then...

In this case, however, it is Russia that benefits, not Britain or its allies.

Sure if you conveniently ignore other possibilities (think a little bit bigger) such as the one I previously gave.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Not it is not. It is the British government who have to prove their case and accustations against Russia. Russia dont have to do sh#t. Until facts are presented to them.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Simple question.

Do you believe the Russian state was behind the assassination of Litvineko?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I tell you what old boy, I agree

MI6 should put this nerve agent on a few of the door handles inside the Russian embassy, then cordon off the building

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Simple question.

What does that have to do With this case?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

I tell you what old boy, I agree

MI6 should put this nerve agent on a few of the door handles inside the Russian embassy, then cordon off the building

Well that is a good plan....... That will show them for sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Simple question.

quite a lot I think, it shows Russia has previous for these kinds of actions.

Its a simple question do you believe the Russian state was behind the killing of Litvinenko?

a simple yes or no will suffice and you can refuse to answer if you want but I don't see how that would strengthen your position on this.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Sort of like everything to do with it.

To spell it out for you, you are saying the Russians would not do this but the Litvinenko affair shows they have done it before, so put up or shut up.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Sure if you conveniently ignore other possibilities (think a little bit bigger) such as the one I previously gave.

I explained why murdering a defector who came over to the British side would be bad for Britain and good for Russia. Countries usually act in their own self interest. Your "alternative explanation" makes no logical sense, and is predicated on the idea that Russia is always the good guy and it is the "west" that needs to stage false flags in order to make Russia look bad, with the overarching goal to foment another Russian revolution.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Simple question.

quite a lot I think, it shows Russia has previous for these kinds of actions.

Its a simple question do you believe the Russian state was behind the killing of Litvinenko?

a simple yes or no will suffice and you can refuse to answer if you want but I don't see how that would strengthen your position on this.

I know you think it is evidence that Russia did this. It is all you have to base Your claims on. I Guess we can do that With all criminals....right.

If you want Your justice system to be run in this mannor, you will have a lot to complain about in the future.

You Scots and brits dont have a stadard at all.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So avoiding the question.

Again was the Russian state behind the assassination of litvinenko?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So avoiding the question.

Again was the Russian state behind the assassination of litvinenko?

I dont care about Your question because the case does not have anything to do With this one. Can't you distinguish between different cases?

You cant accuse Russia based on something as old as the case you present. YOu would have to have solid evidence in present case as well.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
For what it's worth, Trump just told a reporter that he thinks it was probably Russia who poisoned the spy and his daughter.

Of course, we're not going to do anything about it either, altho the usual gang of noisy retards on Capitol Hill will scream for retaliation. Considering how many people the US has assassinated by drone strike over the last decade or so, we are absolutely the last nation on Earth who has any right to complain about cloak-and-dagger stuff.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join