It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covers That Should Never Have Been Made

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

... and this ...

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh that is just awful.

I just love that empty field where the crowd should be.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Four songs immediately came to mind.

Starting off we have Shinedown covering Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man." Just terrible, especially when the singer shines down (haha) his american idol-esque tryout vocal ability. Ughhh, I could go on all day about how this makes me angry enough to punch a bear in the face.

Speaking of punching stuff in at #2 we have this turd. Five Finger Death Punch covering Bad Company's "Bad Company." Prepare yourself for a five finger DP.

In at #3 is Disturbed covering Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence." Honestly I think 4 minutes and 20 seconds of silence would be a whole lot better. This cover brings one word to mind. Disturbing.

And we reach the bottom of the barrel. Bad Wolves (whoever that is) covering The Cranberries' "Zombie." I have heard maybe a minute of this and it is absolutely terrible. I guess Bad Wolves is a good name for the band because they ripped all the meat and guts out of this song.

Moral of the story....... Bad is bad, m'kay! I'll leave yall with some beers because you will probably need them to wash away the shame.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

This post is awesome in so many ways, least of all the music.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Tundra

This post is awesome in so many ways, least of all the music.

Thank you and sorry. Im glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's not just one cover per say but that monstrosity that calls itself AC/DC, with Axl Rose at the helm gets my vote.

edit on -06:002018Mon, 05 Mar 2018 22:48:46 -060031America/Chicago000000Mon, 05 Mar 2018 22:48:46 -0600MonAmerica/ChicagoMar by PorteurDeMort because: Autocorrect didn't like the name Axl

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Not a cover, but just the completion of the slow yet undeniable self-destruction of the once great Metallica. Literally, there is no coming back from this... atrocity. What the hell is that creature doing, having an epileptic fit? good christ almightly...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

If I didn't know better, I would think this was a terrible Metallica cover band.

Thanks for a great contribution to a horrible thread!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

... and this ...

That reminds me of my first gig back in the 80's, the bartender threw ice cubes at us from across the bar room.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Mick Jagger & David Bowie - Dancing in the Street

Not only did Van Halen already do a version of this same song earlier but THESE GUYS MADE A VIDEO!!

Oh my! Words fail me! Poetry... they should have sent a poet.

Martha and the Vandellas were great! I love Martha Reeves.

But two middle aged skinny white guys shaking their butts... aw no you didn't!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Mick Jagger & David Bowie - Dancing in the Street

The "silent" version of this one is hilarious!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Their "singer" has a hard enough time with their own material, I have no idea why they would attempt this -

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
Not a cover, but just the completion of the slow yet undeniable self-destruction of the once great Metallica. Literally, there is no coming back from this... atrocity. What the hell is that creature doing, having an epileptic fit? good christ almightly...

Dude..... I clicked play on this crap. What the hell?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My ears are scarred forever...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

The mighty Metallica, how far thee have fallen. I think the Metallica of the Kill 'Em All days would look at modern Metallica and kick their asses.

I like Metallica Black Album and previous and like Lady Gaga when in the KTV with my coworkers.

But together, just no.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I cant get over the staged headbangers.
All a-flail.

edit on 3/7/2018 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ready to ROCK!?!?!

YeeeahhhH! Celene Dion bringing IT.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A gut wrenching cover.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Oh god that hurt - This isn't funny anymore

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Sooner or later, they all fall...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join