It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel wants documents on Trump, numerous campaign associates

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

...what a patriot

What a crock.

If you're referring to nunberg, you are 100% correct.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Is it against the law for a foreigner to contribute to a U.S. charity now?
Why would the FBI be looking into it?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yes it's legal. The question is what does that have to do with the guy that was with Papadopoulos in London?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You should try words instead of pictures.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

He raided Paul Manaforts house in the pre dawn hours in late July last year.
Search warrant for no knock raid was issued and executed.

www.washingtonpost.com... 1d78faa5b38c

If you didn't know this then I'm done even talking to you. You're completely uninformed.
It would make no sense for me to even engage you in conversation.
Holy crap. I can't believe this.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Why? The CF is a charity. Anyone can donate.
He didn't donate anything. It was the Australian government. He probably had nothing to do with it.

But even if he did that doesn't change what he was told by Papadopoulos or change what he told the FBI which was that trump was working with Russia.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Uh oh. Trump just said "certainly there was meddling" by the Russians in the 2016 election, live on CNN.

That's really gonna put a dent in the "Trump still says the Russians didn't meddle in our election" narrative.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

It's not my investigation you know right? Lol

Mueller will investigate this as he sees fit. You will just have to sit through it like the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Cross your fingers.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What a great thread.

I think.

Then again, maybe not.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
He's from trumps team. You're probably right.
edit on 362018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Cross your fingers.

I'd give you the same advice. It's more important to you than it is to me. If Trump gets impeached I'll sit back with some popcorn and watch the utter panic about President Pence.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Cross your fingers.

I'd give you the same advice. It's more important to you than it is to me. If Trump gets impeached I'll sit back with some popcorn and watch the utter panic about President Pence.

Perhaps Pence would take the threat to our vote more seriously.

Perhaps not. Manafort wanted Pence bad, we can only speculate why. Seems hard to believe Manafort would pick a guy who would oppose Russia.

I agree about awaiting Mueller's case. He has the evidence, I don't. I will accept what Mueller finds. If Trump didn't collude or obstruct, I accept that he didn't/wasn't.

OTOH, if he did, he should be removed. I don't believe that Republicans will remove him from office, even if he is beholden to Russia. I just don't see Republicans caring about "the country" more than caring about Republicans. There is nothing I would like more than to be proven wrong.

Roger Stone, the most rotten man in politics (there are MANY Republicans that have complete integrity), is on my TV lying his ass off.

Doesn't matter, as we note, it's up to Mueller's evidence.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

Cross your fingers.

Perhaps Pence would take the threat to our vote more seriously.

In what way isn't Trump taking it seriously? He just said live on CNN Russia meddled in the 2016 election and we were going to counter their attempt to meddle in the midterms.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
over year into the investigation and just now, they are interested in Trump's Campaign Finance?

Mueller has had a team of White Collar Crime experts mapping Trump and Teams finances since the beginning.

The way this works is that they don't ask witnesses to produce docs or give testimony until they already know a #-ton of the answers and transactions. That way they can arrest them for faking docs, finances and lying in testimony.

Example Gates and Manafort. They already had most of the stuff they needed to prosecute, but having Manafort and Gates forge documents and lie to the FBI was the cherry on the indictment Sunday.

Everyone that has been subpoenaed for emails and docs in this latest round is crapping themselves because they don't know what Mueller already knows. If they lie or don't turn over stuff Mueller knows they have, they go to jail.

This is actually a sign that he is cuing up for more Plea deals or Indictments.

edit on 6-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
NM
edit on 6-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

over year into the investigation and just now, they are interested in Trump's Campaign Finance?

Mueller has had a team of White Collar Crime experts mapping Trump and Teams finances since the beginning.

I heard this a few times when Mueller first started, and then it wasn't really mentioned again until it became obvious they weren't turning up squat on the Trump-Russia-collusion front. Now it's being parroted all over like they didn't just waste a year trying to prove that myth. We know the new hope is they'll be able to get Trump on some kind of white collar crime, and quite frankly given the thousands of business deals he's been in I'd find it more suspicious if they didn't find an undotted i or uncrossed t somewhere. Maybe he even did something deliberately wrong at some point. I hope you're not holding your breath for something big enough to get him out of office though. If all they get him on is some technicality from 20 years ago this is a huge fail and a huge waste of money. At that point everyone will point to Manafort and say "but justice!" as if this was ever about justice or even about Russian meddling. Everyone knows that was never the point though. If he's found guilty of something, let him pay his debt to society, but the entire point behind this all along has been to get Trump. So far it's not looking good for ya'll.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

And thanks to Hillary, the bar is set to you have to remember you were wanting to commit a crime. No criminal intent, no crime. That was Comey’s FBI stance. It is proven that Hillary actually broke the law. And violated a signed statement on how she would handle government secrets. Violations that could bring fines and jail time.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

And thanks to Hillary, the bar is set to you have to remember you were wanting to commit a crime. No criminal intent, no crime. That was Comey’s FBI stance. It is proven that Hillary actually broke the law. And violated a signed statement on how she would handle government secrets. Violations that could bring fines and jail time.

A dangerous precedent to be sure, which is why it's still important even though the election is over, in response to the "She lost stop bothering her!" folks. It was never about the election, it was about the law and not setting that precedent. I'm hoping the book isn't closed on that yet. DOJ Inspector General is supposed to be wrapping up soon, hopefully that leads to a new investigation.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

I heard this a few times when Mueller first started, and then it wasn't really mentioned again until it became obvious they weren't turning up squat on the Trump-Russia-collusion front.

What makes you think they haven't turned up anything?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join