It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it a dream or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Greetings ATS.
Not sure if in proper forum. If not please move it. Back in August of 2015 I had an experience that I can't be sure if it was a dream or not. My guess is a night of odd dreams leaving me scared and awake repeatedly through the night.
I was at some training in central Washington. The parts that I do remember are rather clear in my head still. Somewhere along a walk in a grassy field I had found a dead baby. I had wound up running into an adult that took the child and walked away.
Shortly after that I was walking through a nicely cut field with a six foot cyclone fence around it. Ther was a gravel road with a push rolling gate. There was a white van wit black windows racing towards the gate. One of these Grays I will call them ran to shut the gate to stop the van. The gate slammed into the side of the van as it sped off. The Gray chased after the van on foot. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to chase after it. When I caught up it turned around. When I looked in its eyes i woke up in a scared panic.
I fell asleep again and was in a round room that looked to be polished metal. There was a table in the middle that was connected to the ceiling and the floor. There was a short Gray that walked in the room to greet me I guess. After my first interaction wit it I awoke in a panic after looking in its eyes. I fell asleep to be back in the same room where there was a tall Grey standing there. Not sure how I could tell but it was smiling at me. Then the eye thing again. That was the last part I remember.
The next morning at the training I was rather tired from a sleepless night. The person leading the training asked.me what was wrong. I told him that I had some odd dreams. At that point he said that he did also and thinks it was something in the air which seemed odd to me.
I am putting this on here because I needed to get it out in a way that I might get some feedback on what might have more of an idea what actually happened. Was it a dream? I can't say. Thank you all for your feedback on this.

Kocag

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If you were in bed and your eyes were closed, most likely a dream.

If you were out drinking and relaxing after a hard days training... and aliens and dead babies were close by, probably something else.

I'd opt for a dream.

Sometimes those semi lucid dreams where you're almost awake, and are literally a mind frag, can be pretty real and leave you feeling strong emotions after. I have them all the time. Usually though, about people I've hurt and who now, despite my care for them, despise me. My father usually.

Depends on what preoccupies your mind. I'm guessing death of innocents and desire for knowing truth. There could be a thing in that. Don't take dreams literally. They are often signs we are thinking something subconsciously. The fate of the world, the loss of our innocence, and the wonder of the unknown - what are they hiding from us as we lose our inner child in a world so full of dastardly things....

idk.. Regret permeates my nightmares, the waking ones, where I am almost awake but the dreams are 100% insanity. I can wake from one, close my eyes and see the start of another. heart racing, emotions all out of whack. and it's 2am. when they strike at me relentlessly, I just have to get up. no point fighting the subconscious.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Thank you for sharing. Sorry to hear that. But this is an interesting point on this about the child. My first guess is a dream.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

If you are having issues differentiating between what you dream t and what you really experienced you should go see someone in the psychological field just in case.

The above are symptoms of suffering from psychosis and other disorders of the mind.

If it was simply a vivid dream then everyone has them,

however if it becomes more and more often you wake and later have trouble discerning what was dream then its best to talk to someone in the know like a mental health professional to get some advice or get some checks done if necessary.
edit on 5-3-2018 by InhaleExhale because: quote from another thread somehow made it here

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The dreams like that only happened that one night. I did get help for the nightmares that followed the war. I have issues with depression from time to time. For some reason this night of dreams still stick out to me for some reason.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Kocag

I am not trying to prove the Earth is flat!! However - I do not buy what NASA and Hollywood are selling!

If you are having issues differentiating between what you dream t and what you really experienced you should go see someone in the psychological field just in case.

The above are symptoms of suffering from psychosis and other disorders of the mind.

If it was simply a vivid dream then everyone has them,

however if it becomes more and more often you wake and later have trouble discerning what was dream then its best to talk to someone in the know like a mental health professional to get some advice or get some checks done if necessary.

First off, who the hell are you quoting?

Second, issues with distinguishing dreams vs. what we think is real life is not a sign of mental illness and quite likely is much deeper and profound....Id like to see a source for that info though.

Here’s a tip: if you’re seriously doubting if you’re awake, chances are you’re dreaming. This confusion leads dreamers to wonder if they will start to doubt waking reality too. But it doesn’t work like that. Having false awakenings does not lead to a break from reality in waking life.

dreamstudies.org...
edit on 5-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well there is just no easy way to say this Kocag... so I'll just say it:

you are dealing with entity possession.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Cross thread misquoting? Weird.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DD2029
Well there is just no easy way to say this Kocag... so I'll just say it:

you are dealing with entity possession.

My guess is that would be an experience I had years before this said event. That happened back in 1999 or 2000. Completely unrelated.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag

My guess is that would be an experience I had years before this said event. That happened back in 1999 or 2000. Completely unrelated.

Was this unrelated event 18 years ago in the same location as the experience you just had?

Same room? Same bed? Same area?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Second, issues with distinguishing dreams vs. what we think is real life is not a sign of mental illness and quite likely is much deeper and profound....

when a person recalls a memory and has issue discerning if it a real event or a dream or imagination then yes, there is good evidence for researchers to form a hypothesis that there is a mental issue there or its symptom of something else the person has.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The OP said they had treatment for nightmares in the past which set of a light bulb in my head.

The link above goes into detail and also highlights much more research is needed.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DD2029

The one in 99 was at Ft Hood Texas. This event was in central Washington. The one in Texas I wasn't asleep for any of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The dreams like that only happened that one night. I did get help for the nightmares that followed the war. I have issues with depression from time to time. For some reason this night of dreams still stick out to me for some reason.

I guess I should I ask

the dream was so memorable and left such an impression that now your real question isn't if it was a dream or not but what dreams actually are and what could a certain dream mean for an individual?

Was it a dream? I can't say.

It seems you accept its a dream but are really asking what are dreams and why are some so powerful/vivid that they stay with you ....... for life or a very long time.

sorry I just repeated myself and basically said the same thing twice.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The one in 99 was at Ft Hood Texas. This event was in central Washington. The one in Texas I wasn't asleep for any of it.

you may have been given a vision...

what happened in Ft Hood Texas?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

That one I have some understanding what happened. It's a different thread all together.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I was used as a conduit to pass to this realm.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Thanks for the link.

Interesting theories however not yet proven.

The 15 to 95.5% range for sleep disturbance prevalence in those with BPD is basically a useless stat.

The dissociative aspect is real though. Although I believe our understanding of experiencing dissociation in dreams vs. rL is not well developed, nor is dissociative "carry over" from dream state to waking.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Care to explain?

What realm?

Almost sounds like youre now pretending to be the "entity" that the earlier poster mentioned and youre making light of when you came into this dimension, piggybacking on your host "kocag".

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Care to explain?

What realm?

Almost sounds like youre now pretending to be the "entity" that the earlier poster mentioned and youre making light of when you came into this dimension, piggybacking on your host "kocag".

Long story short. I was drawn to a place on the post. A spirit passed through me. As for what realm. The one we're in here.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Care to explain?

What realm?

Long story short. I was drawn to a place on the post. A spirit passed through me. As for what realm. The one we're in here.

Interesting. Thanks for lettiing me know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join