It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Being proud of one's "race" be it black or white is the problem. It's just a skin color and until people start recognizing it as such and taking responsibility of themselves as a human being and not a skin tone and start seeing others the same and refusing to accept race being applied to them or others, the longer these issues will remain.

Race is nothing to be proud of, it's also nothing one should be ashamed of either. It's simply an artificial concept that refuses to go away because ignorant morons of all shades refuse to let it go. This goes for the morons blaming people of white skin for their problems as well as people like you claiming to be proudly white.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

I didn’t say America was..

I said it was laughable to pretend it hotbed for racism for the vast majority of it’s tenure

That pretending like “reverse rasim” just popped out of the blue...

Like the second the white elites decided to stop LEGALLY raping and pillaging everything should have been forgiven..

Just one debate class that covered logical fallacies would just destroy y’alls whole world view...

The thought that attempting to deflect by pretending I made a statement I didn’t is childlike..

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: badw0lf

5’8 is not little..

It is average thank you very much

:p

Lol

Man, you guys are just horrible at counterpoints..just one debate class debunks conservatism.. at least once they cover logical fallacies..

What false reality are you living in? Have you seen your threads?
The hypocrisy in your statement is hilarious

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What can I say. It seems like all you do is parrot off of what Hollywierd/MSM says. So I mean what did you really expect.

Saying its ok to be white is being bigoted. But if a black person says Black Power, its showing solidarity.

Give me a effing break...
edit on 5-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Both are ignorant morons in my book. A better sign woulda been. This is national "race is a made up concept only ignorant people embrace so we should stop month."
edit on 3/5/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

This is a great idea. We just finished celebrating black history month. Perhaps it is a good idea to celebrate white history as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

fail

perhaps pride is not good but embracing who you are based on your culture and who and where you come from is a good thing and should not be frowned upon.

We are all humans but we are not all the same.

Surely we have learned something from this equality bs being spread.

Simply stated you do not have to be bad for me to be good.

I can be better than you and you can be better than me. It is OK!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Conservatism isn't something that is capable of being debunked.

It is a belief system, a moral compass and a way of life. The politics come second.

Unlike the Dems...who exist as nothing more than a "o'crat"

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

A skin color is not a culture it's a physical trait. There were black people in medieval Europe some who held prominent positions, a black person doesn't stop being their white parents kid just cause they're black, etc. Hell it was mostly black people pushing the slave trade in Africa.

Culture is where you grew up, what traditions you hold, etc, it has nothing to do with skin color unless the culture itself is either prejudiced OR due to circumstance of location was only one skin color.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would be in favor of having a month to recognize the accomplishment of Americans or Humanity.

Humanity History Month. American Innovation History Month.

No more black, white, latino, native american, asian, or whatever history months.

Something that doesnt have to deal with culture or race or skin color. The point of being American is becoming one from different backgrounds and not trying to rehash the past.
edit on 5-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

"Hey guys, everyone look at this singular anecdote so we can make sweeping generalizations and reaffirm our preexisting beliefs without challenging our thinking in any way whatsoever!"

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

On that I can agree.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

5’8 is not little..

Lol

Man, you guys are just horrible at counterpoints..just one debate class debunks conservatism.. at least once they cover logical fallacies..

6'2 here. You're tiny. And your arguments are tiny.

I don't even need to use logic to argue with you. Waste of energy.

Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

"Hey guys, everyone look at this singular anecdote so we can make sweeping generalizations and reaffirm our preexisting beliefs without challenging our thinking in any way whatsoever!"

Funny considering everyone is automatically calling it racist because it challenges their viewpoint on whether it actually IS or not.

Take your own medicine
edit on 5-3-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

5’8 is not little..

Lol

6'2 here. You're tiny. And your arguments are tiny.

I don't even need to use logic to argue with you. Waste of energy.

Deal with it.

also 5'8 is not average unless youre from South of the border, not racist just fact

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Funny considering everyone is automatically calling it racist because it challenges their viewpoint on whether it actually IS or not.

Take your own medicine

Lol ok. Thanks for assuming I'm too stupid to get something so easy to see.

Do you think trolling in real life is less obvious when it isn't done on a computer or something? No my point stands. These, "hey look at this anecdote of liberals taking political correctness too far" threads are tedious. It's like you self-described unpolitically correct people LIVE to complain about people being politically correct. Every infraction no matter how small must be hunted down so you can blame ALL liberals for political correctness and whine about the race card.
edit on 5-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Barrage of racism towards whites? *Yawn* Wake me when white people are and enslaved, institutionally segregated and forced to drink out of separate water fountains. Until then for white people to complain about racism is laughable and as ignorant as anybody else complaining about "racism" who wouldn't know what true racism was if it got up and slapped them in the mouth!!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Well to me this is funny.

#metoo

never understood black history month , to me black history and white history here is just American history.

There does not need to be a distinction and it only serves to keep us divided .

To a point, I agree, but honestly, we have a very "white-washed" version of history that is taught in schools from K-12, and so I completely understand the need to see it from the viewpoint of black people and to expand on that which is taught in school.

I think that having a month to dive deeper into that approach to history isn't a bad thing at all, and it's kind of a disappointing reflection on our society that we "need" to do it that way instead of broadening our history classes to do it on a more day-by-day basis.

But then again, there are always extremists in any topic, and I know that extremists exists concerning "black" history, too, which is why I can chuckle at this posted sign.
edit on 5-3-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Take your own medicine

and yet you pointed a finger anyway? now where is the intellectual honesty in that?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Take your own medicine

and yet you pointed a finger anyway? now where is the intellectual honesty in that?

No I derided a thread for being useless and bait worthy. Somehow that offends you though. I guess you like making fun of liberals more than having an honest conversation on the topic.
edit on 5-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join